Sponsored

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

• 2 doors only

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • 4 doors only

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • 2 and 4 door models

Votes: 109 60.9%

• Total voters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built Ford Tough
I'm truly not concerned with what jeep does and Ford shouldn't be either. Why can't Ford create a new market with this and not bother with competition that in the realm of reality doesn't even exsist. Jeep people but jeeps and always will, while bronco people but the best off road vehicle ever created, and they don't include 4 doors.
It's not that Ford can't create a new market, they can certainly try, but there's no guarantee there's an actual new market to create. And they risk not getting a good return on their investment (Bronco 6G) if it turns out that they miscalculated and there was no new market to go after. If you go right after Jeep Wrangler by introducing a direct competitor you at least know there's a huge market to try to tap into.
Sponsored

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Added option for both 2 and 4 door models.

RickG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old School Broncos, F150 EtcEtc
I say 2 and 4 door as I saw a custom 4 door old school bronco in bronco driver where someone did a great job. Before you beat me up!!!! I have a couple old broncos and was a die hard but this looked good and I really want to compete with the wrangler.

Englewoodcowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Ford Bronco, 02 F250 Super Duty 7.3
I think a 4 door down the road if necessary to be competitive would be OK but I feel the focus needs to be more reminiscence of the bronco's history and start. The highest collected and sought after model is the 66-77 and they are reaching prices in the 6 figures restored. This trend is only going to continue... Now if they make it resemble the concept drawing B6 has made and add a removeable hard top (to me a KEY feature of the bronco regardless of its size) and square the sides of the top up a bit more... The concept sides remind me too much of a cross between the BII and the Chebby Blazer... All of the retro models the manufacturers have been making, so long as they keep to their heritage, have done really well. Take note Ford, of you build a throw back, there will be one in my driveway next to my 73...

Tat Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Flex, 2008 Mustang GT
Not buying it if there's 4 doors, period. If I wanted 4 doors I'd buy an Expedition or Exploder. As for the Everest, I've driven a 4 door Everest in Afcrapistan and I don't want to buy one of those either.

I understand sales may push for a 4 door but the initial offering better have two and we better not lose the option for buying a rig w/ 2.
Sales will definitely push for 4 door because they don't know how many Broncos they'll be able to sell and a 4 door gives them the best chances since I read here that the take rate for Jeep Wranglers was like 70% for 4-door. What I'm hoping is that they get their wish since that'll help make sure the Bronco is made, but then the car guys within Ford also have a say and they'll also offer it with just 2 doors.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm all about 2 doors, I'm biased due to having 69 and 68 Broncos, but if it looked right , I'd definitely go for a 4 door.
I think 4 might be a must to compete against the Heep. There are sooo many 4 door Heeps out there now .... and I like them, but their reliability is trash.

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm all about 2 doors, I'm biased due to having 69 and 68 Broncos, but if it looked right , I'd definitely go for a 4 door.
I think 4 might be a must to compete against the Heep. There are sooo many 4 door Heeps out there now .... and I like them, but their reliability is trash.
What's amazing is their crazy sales numbers despite the crap reliability. Just goes to show you all those reliability rankings every year doesn't matter much with a lot of people. Seems lots of people will buy on brand loyalty alone, especially Jeep owners. Hopefully when the Bronco comes out as a better alternative to the Jeep some of those owners will actually use your brains and get the better car :)

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford already makes 5 different 4-door suv/crossovers. i truly believe they should make the bronco 2 door. later offer a 4 door model if they had too.

saymkt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150 XLT Screw 4x4 5.0L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They sell a lot of Jeeps. Even if like 60-75% of Wranglers sold are 4 door that's still a good # of 2 door jeeps sold for Ford/Bronco to go after.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think both a 2 and 4 door version but think the 4 door would be the sales volume leader.

Sponsored

cobra96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lincoln
I hope they offer the Bronco in two doors, I do not like the looks even of a four door Jeep. The original Bronco was a two door rig and have become more valuable as time goes by. I personally would not buy a four door model

Broncowski

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think both a 2 and 4 door version but think the 4 door would be the sales volume leader.
Agree with this but just as the ecoboost model mustang is the sales leader I think that is for the general public. Enthusiasts will be overwhelmingly 2 door buyers IMO and the Bronco is really not a volume car. It'll be made for more hard core people than your average Escape/Explorer buyer. So the offerings should lean more towards what enthusiasts want is what im saying.

flomaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Expedition
Whether the truck is a 2-door model or a 4-door model will depend on what the company (Ford) wants to communicate. If it turns out to be a 2 door model, they are communicating that there may be potential for the new truck to be a truly off-road capable vehicle. If it turns out to be a 4-door model, they are communicating that the truck will be marketed towards those who rarely ever leave the pavement, but want to capitalize on the Bronco's name and boast of their vehicle's off-road capability. Just like the 4-door Jeep. If this is the case, it will not be taken seriously as an off-road capable vehicle, and will cater to the grocery-getter wannabes.

If they're smart, they'll discontinue the front-wheel-drive/no-frame-having Explorer and badge a new 4-door version of the new truck with its name, and leave the 2-door model with its proposed "Bronco" moniker. The ranger-based Explorer was a very useful vehicle.
Sponsored