Sponsored

How many long haulers are left ? unscheduled July '20 reservation holders?

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many early reservations holders are still out there? I'm July 19 and no joy. Getting more and more frustrated with this clown show after this last round (yes, I've checked the back door link...). Dealer is either clueless, or following the Ford direction to not share allocation info, or more than likely both. Seeing my build (4dr Badlands, Sasquatch, MIC, 2.7l, High package) being scheduled, built, and probably even delivered with reservation dates months after mine is a sign of Ford's ineptitude on handling this rollout. Yes I understand there's commodity issues, and easier builds will get built and pushed out sooner, but that doesn't justify not doing what they said at the start of this sh!tshow. Changing up the whole allocation thing well after orders were placed and production started was a crappy way to do business. Yeah, thinking they're protecting their most favored dealers at the expense of their customers is a lousy way to run a railroad.

I imagine there are still unscheduled Day 1 and 2 reservations, gotta be even more frustrating. Seemingly the few that got a hand raiser Raptor allocation (and the probable joy of getting to pay a large ADM) are starting to get scheduled. As these are for the earliest reservation holders, great, they deserve it.

@Ford Motor Company maybe if actually communicated with your customers and let them know where they stand and what's truly causing the delays you may be able to retain some of them. For me it's doubtful that I will ever buy any accessory or even have service done by Ford, probably never buy another one, even used.

Had to vent.
There are a ton. See the build week spreadsheets that show the reservation date. Link in my signature.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm a July 15th res. This whole thing is a $h1t show. You can't build dealer stock or easier builds without chips. So ultimately the strategy of keeping the assembly line moving just creates a commodity nightmare and it doesn't seem like they know how to manage it and people continue to be screwed
The real problem here is Corporate GREED. Even though Ford knew they could not meet demand or deliver reservations and orders already taken for various reasons take your pick (COVID-19, CHIP shortage, hardtop issues) they continued to take reservation and allow dealership to take walk-in orders without a reservation.

It's easy to blame supply chain issues and a global pandemic, but the real issue he is just plan old corporate GREED!

Archedamian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands, Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

July 15, 2020 reservation. 2D Badlands, High Package, 2.3L. And nothing. Sucks.

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

July 17,2020 reservation. 4D Badlands, SAS, MIC Top, High Package, 2.7L and Tow. No news here either...

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 7/17 reservation and just received by build date and Vin from my dealer today. Hang in there
See this is the shit that gets my goat. No offense to you @mspaz789 and I glad you received your build date and VIN. But why is that people on here who have similar or exact builds that have earlier reservations dates are waiting without any idea why their Bronco is just a rendering on Ford.com? Is it dealer allocation or what?

Sponsored

BroncoSC

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in a slightly different situation than most due to my late conversion to order, will be interesting to see if my early reservation does anything. 2DR, manual and Hardtop are probably hurting, but those are non-negotiable.
  • 2DR, Black Diamond, 2.3MT, Hardtop
  • Reservation: 7/19/2020
  • Order Date: 1/24/2022

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
yeah, forgot the Mod bumper is now a problem. Some big manufacturing powerhouse Ford is that can't even make bumpers in a timely manor. Do they chips in them? And if you try and change an order now you trigger the 2022.5 pricing.
Sensors in the bumper. Two different SKUs based off what package you got, so yeah. One's got holes to fill, the other doesn't. Does a sensor count as a shortage concern? Maybe. *shrugs*

OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sensors in the bumper. Two different SKUs based off what package you got, so yeah. One's got holes to fill, the other doesn't. Does a sensor count as a shortage concern? Maybe. *shrugs*
but aren't they the same sensors in the other bumpers?

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
July 16, '20 - same for me details in my signature line. Good news is i won $4.00 on my last Power Ball ticket! :ROFLMAO:
Wow 4 bucks? That will get you about 7 miles down the street.

• Haha
Reactions: law

Sponsored

Rbronco

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Early morning July 15th and nothing here.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow 4 bucks? That will get you about 7 miles down the street.
Ha! That is good. As my dad used to say "it 'll get you a seat at the park"

Reactions: DEC

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Nail on the head is aka “buildable units” with later reservation timestamps depleting dealer allocation. My place in line (with my dealer) has not changed in many many months, and yet my dealer continues to deliver vehicles.
I extrapolate this situation to indicate that all the orders in front of my order also have similar commodity conflicts. I further extrapolate this, corroborated by my dealer, that this situation may push my order into perpetual limbo.
This situation is further darkened by the fact that each week I see consumers reporting delivery of their vehicles (with same or very similar builds) with reservations much younger than mine. I have about 20 documented deliveries with younger timestamps so far, just within one small subset with B6G.

yes I’ve checked the back door link.

Rough details in sig.

Last edited:

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/14 - I did 99 mine because I wanted the wildtrak painted top. But, I had put in my order for a soft top 4D Badlands 2.7, tow, lux, auto when the 22s opened up. I haven’t been scheduled yet. I’m just not removing more crap to get it built. My buddy ordered a raptor not too long ago and it has already been shipped. At this point, I guess I’ll just wait it out. Unless something peaks my interest.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Nail on the head is aka “buildable units” with later reservation timestamps depleting dealer allocation. My place (with my dealer) has not changed in many many months, and yet my dealer continues to deliver vehicles.
I extrapolate this situation to indicate that all the orders in front of my order also have similar commodity conflicts. I further extrapolate this, corroborated by my dealer, that this situation may push my order into perpetual limbo.
This situation if further darkened by the fact that each week I see consumers reporting delivery of their vehicles (with same or very similar builds) with reservations much younger than mine. I have about 20 documented deliveries with younger timestamps so far, just within one small subset with B6G.

yes I’ve checked the back door link.

Rough details in sig.
I completely agree with your theory about pushing your res/order into perpetual limbo. That is why when my dealer called me the other day to feel me out about if I would be interested if he were to get a similar build to mine that was "unclaimed" would I be interested in perhaps taking said unclaimed Bronco I figured there was some nefarious shit going on.. Gonifs all of them!
Sponsored