Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been set on A51 for a couple of months but the other day I went and looked at an A51 sport on a cloudy day after it had rained and was underwhelmed. It just appeared dull. But maybe I should expect that from a paint color that looks like it could be primer.

The A51 Bronco at the OKC auto show looked much different but it also had the blue ford lights all around it.

My wife really likes the AMB so perhaps pinstriping be damned. Good thing that color can be changed after March 19th.
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what my wife expects Cactus Gray to look like, which is what I expected (and hoped) it to look like from the marketing materials. But I think most of us can agree this is not really what it looks like, at least not through most human eyeballs. Or maybe we can't even agree on that.

IMG_8820.jpg
Yup, was leaning CG and then I saw CG and....nah dawg.

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what my wife expects Cactus Gray to look like, which is what I expected (and hoped) it to look like from the marketing materials. But I think most of us can agree this is not really what it looks like, at least not through most human eyeballs. Or maybe we can't even agree on that.

IMG_8820.jpg
I was 100% CG when everybody thought it was Tiffany Blue. Then they changed the B&P and came to 100% love CG when it looked Air Force Jet Drab.

when I finally saw a Sport in person in bright sunlight, I thought “well, it’s neither Tiffany Blue nor USAF Jet Drab!” And I decided I didn’t want to be disappointed on delivery day...
...so now I am getting OJ White with plans to wrap it in a two-tone scheme

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? D88F95B4-8BCF-4433-816B-2B62317FC8B9

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you can't figure out how to drive to a local dealer to see a color in person?

Sounds like that your fault.
CG is not a common color at many dealers. Counting the local dealer that I knew had 0 we had to drive to 6 dealers (5 showed they had 1 as in uno) before we found anything.

Sponsored

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Buying your Bronco in a color you haven't seen in person is like trusting someone's Instagram (or Grindr if that's your flavor) photo to be what they actually look like.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I managed to find a Ranger locally in Cactus Gray and it actually was more green than I expected (a good thing - I'm sick of gray/charcoal/white/black automobiles).

But it's one of those colors you aren't really sure what it is. Does it look green right now because I want it to look green, but after I buy it and every day after I realize it's just a mundane primer gray? Is the dress white or blue, and which color do you want it to be?
I made it easy on my self on went with white .

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
Well....your not roped into buying it until.you sign the dotted line. There will.likely be many though☹

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The stitching on the Badlands is Active Orange like the new Tremor. Pretty close to Cyber Orange but less yellow. I don't get the hate for the color. Colored stitching is nothing new. Usually a red or blue tho if it's not a neutral. But I dig the orange personally.
Strange. That must be some odd build.

Mine will be red to match the exterior and door pocket color.

https://store.exoticponymods.com/bl...r-of-the-stitches-inside-your-beloved-mustang

But I get it...
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 31530db6ba1b971aeff932f4539a545c[1]

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford can’t figure out how to accurately represent t options they should cancel the bronco.

watching the cars that made America on the history channel.

fords always been a twat.
If you trust a representation on a computer screen more than what you can see in person, you deserve to get a colour you weren't expecting.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Strange. That must be some odd build.

Mine will be red to match the exterior and door pocket color.

https://store.exoticponymods.com/bl...r-of-the-stitches-inside-your-beloved-mustang

But I get it...
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 31530db6ba1b971aeff932f4539a545c[1]
Aha - now I remember that thread a while back with your recoloring pens...unfortunately I cannot change orange to something more neutral or to the green, most likely. My wife's college colors are orange and black, so I guess she'll be claiming my MGV seats with the orange stitching are a tribute - even though they were rivals...

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd suggest taking the wife to a ford dealership and checking out the color in person if you can. I was able to see it on a ranger indoors and on a Bronco sport outdoors. I loved the way it looked in both. but it's definitely a color that will look different on any given day. for me, in the sun, there's a hint of green and when it's indoors, it's flat grey with not a hint of green at all.
I would suggest the same. I stopped by my local Ford dealer last night right before closing and looked at a Bronco Sport in CG - and it was a light clay grey. The salesman told me that I need to stop buy again when the sunlight is shining on it - and it will be a light green.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Far less than you think I imagine. I think only Anitmatter, Cactus and to a lesser extent Area are radically different than real life, and as you mentioned, even those who have seen pictures or real life vehicles with those colors, do not have consensus.

As much as we all obsessed with them all, aside from folks who only order grey/white/silver, color is an ever changing taste we have.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the average customers will choose white, black, silver or gray and not be surprised at all. People on this forum tend to hate everything the average customers will be lining up to purchase.
Sponsored