rcman989

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. So have you ever used them? Just wondering if it’s gimmicky or not.
Yes I have. They work great and easy to install. Definitely not gimmicky and gives you a secure feeling that the alignment won't slip and it hasn't yet for me. Locks the bolt between the two alignment pins on the frame so the bolt doesn't slide within the slot on the frame.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You'll find a thousand different answers on the proper frequency for alignment checks. I follow the somewhat older advice of getting alignment checked/corrected every wheel rotation, or about every 6K miles/6 months.

If I notice a wobble or the steering wheel pulling a bit, I'll go sooner.

1636048348356.png
Wow. The general public sure doesn't get an alignment every 6k!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. The general public sure doesn't get an alignment every 6k!
Nope. I would guess most don't get them at all. Or their tires rotated. Or their oil changed, for that matter.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope. I would guess most don't get them at all. Or their tires rotated. Or their oil changed, for that matter.
I've probably driven maybe...160k lifetime miles on a few vehicles. The only alignment I've ever done was to change a car purposefully for autocross.

If the tires wear evenly and the steering feels as expected, why get an alignment? At $80 or more, an alignment is like 1/3 the price of 4 new tires for the Miata!

Edit - maybe a better way to discuss this. After each of your alignments they give you specs on what it was and what it changed to. Are they significant? And if so, why are things coming loose so quickly?

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've probably driven maybe...160k lifetime miles on a few vehicles. The only alignment I've ever done was to change a car purposefully for autocross.

If the tires wear evenly and the steering feels as expected, why get an alignment? At $80 or more, an alignment is like 1/3 the price of 4 new tires for the Miata!

Edit - maybe a better way to discuss this. After each of your alignments they give you specs on what it was and what it changed to. Are they significant? And if so, why are things coming loose so quickly?
If most or all of your miles are on blacktop, you're probably doing it right. Off roading is just hard on components and rattles stuff loose on a frequent basis. Or you could just have really good luck!

I don't keep a log or anything, I just have my alignment checked every time I get my tires rotated.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These are a really good find. The bronco has eccentric cams on both lower control arm mounts, so could easily be prone to slipping with time and impact. Paint marking these is also a good way to track if they have moved/shifted.
I don’t even know what that looks like 😂 Y’all are speaking French here

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unless you bend something from a big hit (rock to the tie rod or pothole), you're just going to get slop from worn ball joints and tie rod ends, etc. Alignments will not fix that. Keep an eye on your tires and rotate them often to get the most out of them.

I have never had a shop align my 2015 wrangler, and it's at 91,000 miles. Factory stock, the only adjustments were toe and centering the steering wheel. Once I lifted it, I installed an adjustable track bar and lower control arms and just used an angle finder to set the caster and pinion. I used a tape measure for the toe in (1/16" to 1/8"). Centering the steering wheel is easy using AEV procal or other device. All that being said, I have replaced the front ball joints, the front unit bearings, the tie rod and drag link. Most of my offroad these days is 25-35mph on rough mountain roads.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Unless you bend something from a big hit (rock to the tie rod or pothole), you're just going to get slop from worn ball joints and tie rod ends, etc. Alignments will not fix that. Keep an eye on your tires and rotate them often to get the most out of them.

I have never had a shop align my 2015 wrangler, and it's at 91,000 miles. Factory stock, the only adjustments were toe and centering the steering wheel. Once I lifted it, I installed an adjustable track bar and lower control arms and just used an angle finder to set the caster and pinion. I used a tape measure for the toe in (1/16" to 1/8"). Centering the steering wheel is easy using AEV procal or other device. All that being said, I have replaced the front ball joints, the front unit bearings, the tie rod and drag link. Most of my offroad these days is 25-35mph on rough mountain roads.
I'm no mechanic, but I think that aligning a solid front axle like the Wrangler is easier to do than for an IFS setup like the Bronco.
Sponsored