Sponsored

How the hell do I get my Saint Bernard and my German shepherd in my Sasquatch?

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your Shepard will be fine. Start the Saint Bernard on some Bud Light and a green bean diet. 😀
She’s not gunna like that one bit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dog is only 130 pounds. This thread is making me feel like I have a purse dog.
I usually tell people “My dog shits bigger than your dog is”

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally someone who understands my issue! I believe there is a solution. I would gladly pay for a built in slide with a piano hinge or something like that with some grip.
This is what I used to get them into my Ranger PU. Too hard for me to transport in the Bronco so I went with the folding steps. Amazon.com : PetSafe Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp - 72 Inch, Portable, Lightweight, Aluminum Dog and Cat Ramp - Carrying Case Available, Grey, 1 Count (Pack of 1) : Pet Door Safety Ramps : Pet Supplies

I put carpet squares on the ramp vs the sandpaper for better traction.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what I used to get them into my Ranger PU. Too hard for me to transport in the Bronco so I went with the folding steps. Amazon.com : PetSafe Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp - 72 Inch, Portable, Lightweight, Aluminum Dog and Cat Ramp - Carrying Case Available, Grey, 1 Count (Pack of 1) : Pet Door Safety Ramps : Pet Supplies

I put carpet squares on the ramp vs the sandpaper for better traction.
Ramps are cool but in my situation the hassle of opening a rear door, having the dogs stay, pulling out the ramp and setting it up, then having the dogs exit, then folding it back up, then losing cargo space was a deal breaker (and with the 2 door Bronco even more so). The twistep is always there, and prior to opening the gate you just pull the pin and the platform rotates out. You can even leave it out and go about your business because it locks to your hitch, and you lose zero space in the vehicle. As a bonus, it fits our Broncos in terms of height (it is adjustable and I even went wheeling with mine). 400 pound capacity (and you can use it to put reach your roof if need be). I had these before the twistep, which are awesome, but they too took up space: https://www.petloader.com/

Sponsored

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ramps are cool but in my situation the hassle of opening a rear door, having the dogs stay, pulling out the ramp and setting it up, then having the dogs exit, then folding it back up, then losing cargo space was a deal breaker (and with the 2 door Bronco even more so). The twistep is always there, and prior to opening the gate you just pull the pin and the platform rotates out. You can even leave it out and go about your business because it locks to your hitch, and you lose zero space in the vehicle. As a bonus, it fits our Broncos in terms of height (it is adjustable and I even went wheeling with mine). 400 pound capacity (and you can use it to put reach your roof if need be). I had these before the twistep, which are awesome, but they too took up space: https://www.petloader.com/
Unfortunately I have to use a hitchhaul some times and that needs to go into the hitch. Am looking at a Kuat pivoting (drivers side) bike carrier to plug the hitch haul into and resolve that issue.

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agree.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We wheeled in some pretty technical stuff with it attached (Sedona...the Staircase on Broken Arrow)...I was surprised (I had forgotten the key so I could not remove it). In the pic you can just make out the twistep...it splits the difference in height between the found and the deck.

Ford Bronco How the hell do I get my Saint Bernard and my German shepherd in my Sasquatch? 20211121_130636

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We wheeled in some pretty technical stuff with it attached (Sedona...the Staircase on Broken Arrow)...I was surprised (I had forgotten the key so I could not remove it). In the pic you can just make out the twistep...it splits the difference in height between the found and the deck.

Ford Bronco How the hell do I get my Saint Bernard and my German shepherd in my Sasquatch? 20211121_130636

View attachment 292435
I love it!

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dress up as a mailman and get in....I'm sure they will follow!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone chiming in have a hard top or something? What about the soft top folks? I replaced the oem top as quick as I could w/ a bestop. Unfortunately, the bestop is not like my jeep bestop where the rear unzips on both sides and easy to load a dog then. Neither of my large dogs (not as large as a saint bernard though) can get in or out underneath the rear window. So I have to load/unload mine through the rear passenger doors which sucks.
Sponsored