Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I understand if they won't put a specific number on paper but a simple. "We agree to sell Bronco order number XXXXXX to Mr. Smith for (MSRP plus sales tax, plus doc, plus tire tax, plus any accessories, less trade in if applicable). ...
uhhh ... no. They could just claim their documentation fee is $20k for Broncos.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

uhhh ... no. They could just claim their documentation fee is $20k for Broncos.
Nope. Doc has to be the same for all customers or they run into state problems. The idea here is to either get a vehicle cost (invoice, MSRP, etc) declaration along with any other fees like doc or ADM. If they won't commit to something as simple as we do, (invoice + tire tax $1.25 + sales tax + any accessories - trade if applicable) then that gives you enough of an idea they might try to ADM it. At that point you have the choice to accept a markup, move the order, cancel it and make a new one somewhere else.

I'm not saying what we do should be or is what every dealer needs to do but if they are unwilling to at least say, "yes, we will have a market adjustment fee over MSRP", you at least know other dealers are willing to say it openly and stand by it.

The whole idea here is those without some sort of pricing agreement find out prior to getting built and ADM bone when they show up for delivery. With this, they can then decide if they want to move their business elsewhere. Moving is up to Ford depending the situation but canceling the order all together is the customers.

ryates216

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport (TJ) 4.0L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an email from Ford stating that the Bronco is scheduled to be built the week of January 3, 2022, but not yet built. My dealer is stating that he wants a $10K ADM (no hint of negotiating). I would love to move my order to a dealer with some sense of integrity, but I thought it was too late to move it once the reservation had been converted to an order. I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an email from Ford stating that the Bronco is scheduled to be built the week of January 3, 2022, but not yet built. My dealer is stating that he wants a $10K ADM (no hint of negotiating). I would love to move my order to a dealer with some sense of integrity, but I thought it was too late to move it once the reservation had been converted to an order. I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks
Walk in and tell them to take the ADM off and if not, pay it or tell them to cancel the order while you're standing there watching. Should take about 30 seconds and if they don't, try to get someone at Ford, Levine or the FordMotorCompany here on the forum, to get it done. Ford won't be able to help with the pricing issue but if you can't move, they won't budge on price and you aren't willing to pay, only thing you could do is cancel it so they can't resell and put in a new order somewhere else. I am truly sorry you are having this experience.

ryates216

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport (TJ) 4.0L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Walk in and tell them to take the ADM off and if not, pay it or tell them to cancel the order while you're standing there watching. Should take about 30 seconds and if they don't, try to get someone at Ford, Levine or the FordMotorCompany here on the forum, to get it done. Ford won't be able to help with the pricing issue but if you can't move, they won't budge on price and you aren't willing to pay, only thing you could do is cancel it so they can't resell and put in a new order somewhere else. I am truly sorry you are having this experience.
Thank you for your input. This seems like it could be a reasonable lever to get the dealer to have a conversation. Follow-up questions: Can you confirm that the order is MY order to cancel, correct? The dealer cannot take my order and use it for their own purpose? If the dealer, won't cancel it for me, then I go to Ford to get the order cancelled (because it is my order converted from my reservation and my 15 months of waiting). This way, if I can't get what I want from the dealer, at least the dealer doesn't have the ability to abuse me by using my order I have been nurturing all this time. Is that the correct understanding? What leverage do I have with the dealer to get them to cancel the order? Thanks for your insights on these questions and anything else you can share. I plan to have that conversation with the dealer the week of Nov. 8. Rick

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for your input. This seems like it could be a reasonable lever to get the dealer to have a conversation. Follow-up questions: Can you confirm that the order is MY order to cancel, correct? The dealer cannot take my order and use it for their own purpose? If the dealer, won't cancel it for me, then I go to Ford to get the order cancelled (because it is my order converted from my reservation and my 15 months of waiting). This way, if I can't get what I want from the dealer, at least the dealer doesn't have the ability to abuse me by using my order I have been nurturing all this time. Is that the correct understanding? What leverage do I have with the dealer to get them to cancel the order? Thanks for your insights on these questions and anything else you can share. I plan to have that conversation with the dealer the week of Nov. 8. Rick
I guess order ownership is debatable. Since you don't have anything in writing stating who it technically belongs to, either of you could claim ownership. The difference is you have $100.00 invested where the dealer has nothing at this point. So simple thinking would say you made the reservation with Ford and paid $100 for the ticket so it should be yours to do what you wish. Remember, there was no intention of dealer "stock" when the program was announced and Ford came up with the name match policy to keep dealers from engaging in reservation flipping.

Now, once the vehicle is built and on the way, Ford bills the dealer for the vehicle. At this point you could make the argument the dealer "technically" owns it since they're the one on the hook with Ford. I'm of the mindset that something is better than nothing and in any normal world a dealer would be happy as f getting MSRP on a new vehicle. If you cancel the order at this point the dealer gets nothing and is out nothing. You put in a new order at a dealer of your choosing and wait a while longer.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Can he still request a 99 status and then to move it through calling Ford ?
Sponsored