First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
so your advice to the OP is to walk away from his bronco?

lol.

The irony is that the dealer already told him the deal is at sticker but yeah let’s walk away because you don’t trust him.

lots of crazy talk on this forum

Personally I wouldn’t do it with out something in writing.

There’s a reason they don’t want to put the final sales price in a purchase agreement signed by both parties at this time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

One Deplorable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a follow up post from the previous one : No purchase agreement, am I safe? | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

So the following is the conversation we had today via text

Me: "I wanted to ask if I could stop by sometime next week and sign a purchase agreement that looks like one of these (pics of purchase agreement)."​
**WEEKEND**

Me: "Just wanted to follow up to see if there have been any updates regarding the request that I had sent on Friday. Thanks."​
Dealer: "the sheet I gave you a copy of is at MSRP with no additional addendum. I am a little confused what ur asking for since you already received documentation we are selling the Bronco at MSRP."​
Me: "I read that the Ford FAQ recommends buyers get a signed (by both parties) purchase agreement. Can I get that please?"​
No reply yet, but I don't think it will go in the direction I want. He's basically saying that the PO he gave me and his word is a guarantee. Should I pull out my order with this dealer or leave it as is? I'm going to submit another one at a different dealership regardless to find peace of mind.

UPDATE
Just received this from my dealer. Still just PO but signed.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 12.58.25 PM.png
I have the exact thing you have from my salesman. I have since met one other member on here who purchased their Bronco from the same dealer and salesman, and they did honor the MSRP.
But who knows? lol

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Grab some documentation of what you are seeing others get. Go see them in person and politely explain what you’re asking for. If they are truly honoring MSRP then you should be fine. Every dealership I’ve dealt with is awful at emails. It helps to get a face in front of them for actual results.
This applies to vehicles purchased in Calif but most likely many other states. A purchase agreement at time of delivery is the only legal mechanism for locking in the agreed price. Right now, I believe you are having to rely on the ethics of the dealership to make the sale at MSRP. Again, in Calif, unless specifically stated (such as CarMax) or an extra fee is paid, there is no cooling off period with which to rescind a sale. Complications for some that also come into play are future trade in values and qualifying for finance for non pay in full transactions. It is also possible that state law could come into play to prohibit such transactions, since no odometer reading can be provided on the bill of sale (required in Calif)

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For context, there are only four known dealerships in the entire country where the dealer unambiguously committed to a price in writing and ultimately charged more:
  • Tracy Ford (agreed upon price was X-plan, ultimately charged MSRP)
  • Napleton Ford in Libertyville (agreed upon price was X-plan, ultimately charged $2.5k over MSRP)
  • Lindsay Ford (agreed upon price was MSRP, unknown deal ultimately struck with customer)
  • Woodbridge Ford NJ (wantonly tossed away all prior price agreements after new ownership took over and charged everyone mega-high ADM)
There are a handful of other dealerships that required some cajoling.

Most people on this forum have something like a DORA form signed only by themselves and a written or verbalized commitment to that price from the dealer, and it's been working for the overwhelming majority. If a dealer is going to milk you, they generally try to do it in a more sophisticated way than suddenly ratcheting up a clearly agreed-upon purchase price.

Last edited:

gonefishing

Outer Banks
First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a follow up post from the previous one : No purchase agreement, am I safe? | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Me: "I wanted to ask if I could stop by sometime next week and sign a purchase agreement that looks like one of these (pics of purchase agreement)."​
**WEEKEND**

Me: "Just wanted to follow up to see if there have been any updates regarding the request that I had sent on Friday. Thanks."​
Dealer: "the sheet I gave you a copy of is at MSRP with no additional addendum. I am a little confused what ur asking for since you already received documentation we are selling the Bronco at MSRP."​
Me: "I read that the Ford FAQ recommends buyers get a signed (by both parties) purchase agreement. Can I get that please?"​
No reply yet, but I don't think it will go in the direction I want. He's basically saying that the PO he gave me and his word is a guarantee. Should I pull out my order with this dealer or leave it as is? I'm going to submit another one at a different dealership regardless to find peace of mind.

UPDATE
I had the exact same conversation with my dealer and his reply was also the same. MSRP don't need any agreement. just took delivery of my Wildtrack last Friday at MSRP. hang in there.

Sponsored

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are good dealerships out there! My sales person said that they aren’t charging markups because they want to maintain long term customer relationships. I didn’t sign anything or even talk about price until the vehicle was built and scheduled for delivery. Took delivery without any issues.

Alienpilot

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2-Dr)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealership refused to give me a purchase agreement. Kendall Ford, Miami, FL.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer kinda did a funny dance around the signed price agreement deal. I went there to double check my dora after they got a build date, and he had a winch that supposedly somebody ordered and bailed on. He already had installation paid for as a "DIO" item, so I said if the install is free, just add it to my order. He did, and printed out price at MSRP including TTL etc. The form had a customer and dealer signature line. I signed it, expecting him to sign it and hand it back to me...or make copies or whatever. He just left it on his desk, as we were talking about other stuff. Few days later I asked him to send me a copy of it. He kinda stalled, but eventually sent it. I got a little nervous till he did tho...reading the horror stories here!

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a little nervous till he did tho...reading the horror stories here!
One thing I have learned compiling those stories is that when you start collecting names and numbers, it's a very small number of dealers that are flat-out lying about the Bronco price.

There are a few more that are evasive. Maybe that was somewhat understandable in July 2020, but once ordering time rolled around, it was time to agree to pricing, even if it's just a handshake. Big red flag if they just give you a wink and say we'll figure out the price at delivery.

Overall, customers should have confidence that their dealer is going to stick to the agreed-upon price. And if they don't, flip them the bird and leave -- there are other dealers in your area that won't scam you, and losing your "reservation timestamp" now means less than it ever did.

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

**WEEKEND**

UPDATE
The DORA clearly states MSRP. That’s all I had and all was good.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm trying to follow the guideline suggested by Ford and expressing my rights as a buyer and I don't see how that's considered harassing the dealer. If I can't even inquire about my own order, which by the way cost me $1000 already, why do dealerships exist?
Written guidelines can't create good will. "Expressing your rights," depending on how frequently and stridently you do it, might certainly amount to harassment. It sounds as if you have sown some distrust or at least fostered some adversarial dynamics.

We had a super easy time with our purchase last week, built on a congenial win-win relationship that we built during the 20 months we waited for delivery. We got an unsigned, gentleman's purchase agreement for MSRP. In the end, there was no ADM, no hidden costs, and no shenanigans. And we're getting a nice Customer Satisfaction discretionary bonus.

In our Build group, a dealer was quoted as saying they didn't give the bonuses to most of us because "Bronco buyers are assholes."

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I have learned compiling those stories is that when you start collecting names and numbers, it's a very small number of dealers that are flat-out lying about the Bronco price.

There are a few more that are evasive. Maybe that was somewhat understandable in July 2020, but once ordering time rolled around, it was time to agree to pricing, even if it's just a handshake. Big red flag if they just give you a wink and say we'll figure out the price at delivery.

Overall, customers should have confidence that their dealer is going to stick to the agreed-upon price. And if they don't, flip them the bird and leave -- there are other dealers in your area that won't scam you, and losing your "reservation timestamp" now means less than it ever did.
Ya...that more than anything made me nervous...up till then we had a handshake deal, and I didn't ask for a written price agreement, he made one up (including the winch, so as to make sure I didn't flake on it like the last guy). Once I had that agreement in front of me I knew that was as good as I was gonna get, so I signed. But when I walked out I had totally forgotten to ask for a copy. Thats when I got a little spooked!

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most dealers won't commit to a set price if you order now. They have no idea when your Bronco will show up and they do not know when Ford will raise prices and by how much. Try to get them to provide an agreement that they will charge no more than MSRP, without a specific dollar figure.
(Emphasis mine)

So? In what other situation do you place a custom order where the seller refuses to set a price? And then when the item that you custom ordered and patiently waited for finally arrives, then they surprise you with a price and/or mandatory add-ons that you wouldn't have agreed to in the first place? It makes no sense at all and ruins the entire process.