First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a follow up post from the previous one : No purchase agreement, am I safe? | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

So the following is the conversation we had today via text

Me: "I wanted to ask if I could stop by sometime next week and sign a purchase agreement that looks like one of these (pics of purchase agreement)."​
**WEEKEND**

Me: "Just wanted to follow up to see if there have been any updates regarding the request that I had sent on Friday. Thanks."​
Dealer: "the sheet I gave you a copy of is at MSRP with no additional addendum. I am a little confused what ur asking for since you already received documentation we are selling the Bronco at MSRP."​
Me: "I read that the Ford FAQ recommends buyers get a signed (by both parties) purchase agreement. Can I get that please?"​
No reply yet, but I don't think it will go in the direction I want. He's basically saying that the PO he gave me and his word is a guarantee. Should I pull out my order with this dealer or leave it as is? I'm going to submit another one at a different dealership regardless to find peace of mind.

UPDATE
Just received this from my dealer. Still just PO but signed.
Ford Bronco Dealer refuses to provide purchase agreement Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 12.58.25 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a follow up post from the previous one : No purchase agreement, am I safe? | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

So the following is the conversation we had today via text

Me: "I wanted to ask if I could stop by sometime next week and sign a purchase agreement that looks like one of these (pics of purchase agreement)."​
**WEEKEND**

Me: "Just wanted to follow up to see if there have been any updates regarding the request that I had sent on Friday. Thanks."​
Dealer: "the sheet I gave you a copy of is at MSRP with no additional addendum. I am a little confused what ur asking for since you already received documentation we are selling the Bronco at MSRP."​
Me: "I read that the Ford FAQ recommends buyers get a signed (by both parties) purchase agreement. Can I get that please?"​
No reply yet, but I don't think it will go in the direction I want. He's basically saying that the PO he gave me and his word is a guarantee. Should I pull out my order with this dealer or leave it as is? I'm going to submit another one at a different dealership regardless to find peace of mind.
Grab some documentation of what you are seeing others get. Go see them in person and politely explain what you’re asking for. If they are truly honoring MSRP then you should be fine. Every dealership I’ve dealt with is awful at emails. It helps to get a face in front of them for actual results.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would leave it alone. You had that exchange with him in which he stated you are getting MSRP. That will be good enough and if it isn't nothing will be good enough. Even if you have something signed, they still don't need to sell it to you and you would have no recourse. I wouldn't threaten the relationship any further if I were you, but just my opinion. A lot of these dealers do a deal on a handshake still (including mine) just because you hear the horror stories on here, this forum represents less than 1/2 of 1% probably. Trust that your relationship and that exchange will be enough.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't take that as an outright refusal...more that they are leaving "wiggle room". Stay after it and I think you will be fine. Keep copies of all communication!

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While there are certainly a lot of horror stories out there with dealers adding markups, there are plenty of dealers that are not. Read some of their online reviews, or check the thread that lists dealers that are adding markups.

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just take a copy of the dealer's sheet in and ask for a signature, if that is your worry. This is where this forum and others actually create more problems: the trolls and followers present "possible" scenarios that make people anxious and worried. Legally, IMHO, your current chain of emails are also a form of contract. Maybe your state law is different.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most dealers won't commit to a set price if you order now. They have no idea when your Bronco will show up and they do not know when Ford will raise prices and by how much. Try to get them to provide an agreement that they will charge no more than MSRP, without a specific dollar figure.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Print that conversation out and ask him to sign and date it. Be polite about it though.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do you think I and a couple hundred other folks from CO avoided all the Denver area dealers? This exact reason, less headaches and uncertainties. Also why I flew to TX to buy my f150.

Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Alright, listen up. There seem to be some biased advices in thus thread!

You are going to spend around $50k on this deal. Dont you want to feel 110% good about who you are dealing with, and on what terms?

Take your order sheet in to see the manager or owner, politely ask to have that countersigned confirming the sales price, and offer a decent deposit. If they refuse, then RUN to an alternate!

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if you have something signed, they still don't need to sell it to you and you would have no recourse.
Really? Even the purchase agreement can't protect buyers?

Read some of their online reviews, or check the thread that lists dealers that are adding markups.
Their customer testimonials are mostly positive fortunately, which is why I went in the first place. I really look forward to adding another positive review for them and hopefully this dealer can help me.

Legally, IMHO, your current chain of emails are also a form of contract.
The communication was mostly exchanged verbally in person while I was at his office. I hope I won't find myself in a situation where I need to reference anything.

Also why I flew to TX to buy my f150.
Where did you go for your Bronco?

You are going to spend around $50k on this deal. Dont you want to feel 110% good about who you are dealing with, and on what terms?
Exactly my point. It's just so goddamn sad that I still need to feel this way when I'm willing to spend 50k+.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fact is, very little documentation is actually enforceable until you sign the dotted line on the title application and drive out the door with the vehicle.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You only feel this way because of the stories you heard on this forum?

Exactly my point. It's just so goddamn sad that I still need to feel this way when I'm willing to spend 50k+.
Sponsored