Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
lots of crazy talk on this forum
Agreed.

But if said crazy talk comes from a Day One Reservation Holder(TM) it should be treated as the gospel truth.

;)
Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I'm not a Bronco buyer *yet* but I always love to know when people are talking about me!
To be fair, that quote was taken out of context. Let's be clear that I was quoting another forum member quoting a dealer.

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
depending on how frequently and stridently you do it, might certainly amount to harassment. It sounds as if you have sown some distrust or at least fostered some adversarial dynamics.
I only contacted him three times in my entire life time, total of 9 incoming and outgoing texts.
First one was me saying hi, when can I visit in person. Second one right after leaving his office when I noticed spelling errors of my name all over the documents (still unfixed but he said "it's ok"). And finally, me asking for a purchase agreement is the third and the last message that I ever sent him and will ever send him till he reaches out first.
Constantly annoying my dealer and worsening the relationship is the last thing I would do.

In what other situation do you place a custom order where the seller refuses to set a price? And then when the item that you custom ordered and patiently waited for finally arrives, then they surprise you with a price and/or mandatory add-ons that you wouldn't have agreed to in the first place?
Exact narrative of the nightmare I've been getting and will continue to suffer from till I finally close the deal.

Last edited:

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree that you’re probably fine with what you have. Not too big of a difference between that and a purchase agreement if the dealer is actively out to screw you over.

That being said I find it ridiculous that a lot of people ITT seem to think the OP is being unreasonable for wanting a little extra assurance for their $50,000 purchase. Even at MSRP, they’re going to make good money on you.

And I find the idea of cultivating a “relationship” with your dealer to be ridiculous too. Not saying to be rude to them but it shouldn’t be necessary to have to do that in order to be treated fairly. I strive to buy a vehicle every 10 years I don’t want a relationship with a dealer.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[QUOTE="Min_Ahn]
Where did you go for your Bronco?
[/QUOTE]
Granger

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unless you take your first born child to the dealer and have the GM and sales(wo)man sign your child’s leg with the order code, agreed upon price, along w your signature, they are gonna ADM you. That’s how serious this is.

You’ll be fine with just a signed DORA w MSRP man. Unless you’re really nervous
then I guess follow my advice above.

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you take your first born child to the dealer and have the GM and sales(wo)man sign your child’s leg with the order code, agreed upon price, along w your signature, they are gonna ADM you. That’s how serious this is.

You’ll be fine with just a signed DORA w MSRP man. Unless you’re really nervous
then I guess follow my advice above.
I asked for a purchase agreement but got a signed PO instead which is fine by me at this point. I'm gonna "diversify" my order at multiple location just to be safe though.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I asked for a purchase agreement but got a signed PO instead which is fine by me at this point. I'm gonna "diversify" my order at multiple location just to be safe though.
just to validate you for all the people gaslighting you, I don’t think it’s wrong to seek reassurance about this big of a purchase. You’re not wrong for wanting every bit of protection, but if they are gonna screw you they are gonna screw you, so good to diversify like you said đŸ‘đŸ»

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was looking at your signed PO- you should be fine. Nice build btw.... almost exactly like my build, down to the color and series! It was love at first sight for me. 🙂

Sponsored

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a follow up post from the previous one : No purchase agreement, am I safe? | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

So the following is the conversation we had today via text

Me: "I wanted to ask if I could stop by sometime next week and sign a purchase agreement that looks like one of these (pics of purchase agreement)."​
**WEEKEND**

Me: "Just wanted to follow up to see if there have been any updates regarding the request that I had sent on Friday. Thanks."​
Dealer: "the sheet I gave you a copy of is at MSRP with no additional addendum. I am a little confused what ur asking for since you already received documentation we are selling the Bronco at MSRP."​
Me: "I read that the Ford FAQ recommends buyers get a signed (by both parties) purchase agreement. Can I get that please?"​
No reply yet, but I don't think it will go in the direction I want. He's basically saying that the PO he gave me and his word is a guarantee. Should I pull out my order with this dealer or leave it as is? I'm going to submit another one at a different dealership regardless to find peace of mind.

UPDATE
Just received this from my dealer. Still just PO but signed.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 12.58.25 PM.png
I’m having a similar situation with my bronco order. I placed an order at a local dealership and due to the stories I’ve read on this forum I requested a purchase agreement to avoid adm. The sales manager told me that he would as soon as I was scheduled. I was scheduled last month and then was told they cant discuss pricing until the vehicle arrived, but assured me I’m locked in at msrp. I got a weird vibe Like they may be trying to pull a fast one, but I have a second order at another dealership that signed a purchase agreement to hedge my bet.

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
was told they cant discuss pricing until the vehicle arrived
I genuinely cannot digest this part, but many folks here seem to sleep well with it. I wish I could too.

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at your signed PO- you should be fine. Nice build btw.... almost exactly like my build, down to the color and series! It was love at first sight for me. 🙂
Ford Bronco Dealer refuses to provide purchase agreement C6C8277B-1008-4696-8AC1-379D0B5DEC47

High five mate!

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My thoughts exactly, sure as shit don't expect any favors from the dealership after bringing his or hers integrity in to question.
Oh, because dealers all over have shown a stitch of integrity? :rolleyes:

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so your advice to the OP is to walk away from his bronco?

lol.

The irony is that the dealer already told him the deal is at sticker but yeah let’s walk away because you don’t trust him.

lots of crazy talk on this forum

Have you not the read the ever growing list of dealers that dropped a surprise ADM, or flat out lied and agreed to a price then backed out and charged more?

I had verbal, text, and email agreement for X-plan, then days before my Bronco arrived I got the call from the salesman that the owner NOW refused to honor the agreement.

I hope you get yours for the agreed price, not like the last guy that had the same attitude you have shown the OP and got stiffed by his dealer. Karma is a Bitch.
Sponsored