CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I got from my dealer when I ordered. It doesn't look like it's good enough if they're still marking the car up when it arrives though. .
I have something similar except mine is signed with my signature and I have my receipt attached with my down payment.

That exchange of money should be enough to show commitment to our agreement. After all, the down payment represents a portion of the total purchase price.

I did not pay a portion of a yet to be determined price.
Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is what I got from my dealer when I ordered. It doesn't look like it's good enough if they're still marking the car up when it arrives though. .
That’s what I got too. 🤞

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As per the email, the price protection is only for the model that is on the reservation. It seems like I have to stick to the same.
It appears that only the name and address have to match the reservation to get price protection.

What about price protection? - If you have an order now your order will be price protected for 2022 as well. The key is your name and address need to match what is on your Ford account. If you switch trims, your price protection will still be okay. If Ford releases a new Edition (i.e. Raptor, Heritage, Etc.) you will pay whatever the new price is, there is no price protection on a new model, because it wasn't there for 2021. If you switch from a base to a big bend over the model year change, your pricing will be fine.

surimade

Black Diamond
First Name
Suresh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda crv
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It appears that only the name and address have to match the reservation to get price protection.
Cool.. thanks for noting that

obanks21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s what I got too. 🤞
To prepare you: if “all” you have is a written Order Summary, it’s going to depend on your dealer. When my Bronco OB arrived on the lot last week, Quirk Ford in Quincy MA called me and announced they would be adding a 15% mark-up to the written Order Summary and window sticker pricing. After 4 days, they “came down” to 10%.

Update 9/28: Finally agreed with the dealership to a modest $1k mark up + a competitive trade allowance. I'm ok with this outcome and excited for my new vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have this exact question. Not very familiar with MSRP vs Invoice/ADM/ etc. My dealer has promised MSRP, but I'm not sure if that's the best possible price or if it's worth the hassle to switch to Granger for the promised $1k below invoice.
I'm saving over $4,000 off MSRP by purchasing from Granger with their below invoice pricing.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I made the reservation and converted to an order the system showed how much everything is/will be with the 100 down included. I think this is a Ford system so I not sure why everyone doesn’t have this document. Also, why have others paid 1000 plus down? We were required to put down 100. Lastly, I called granger and they said Ford isn’t allowing transfers now, has that changed. Curious if changing to granger will delay my build further as I’m guessing there are far more orders waiting to be built there vs my local dealer. I thought they comsider these few things when building (available parts, time stamp, and dealer allocation).

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford caused this by disallowing x-plan. The price guarantee is not one also. Anyone read the text fully:

What does price protection for the 2022 and 2023 model year mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for all customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. The final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer.
I know @Zach@Granger has announced their policy.

My dealer is being very circumspect on how they intend to deal with order adjustments. let’s face it, many of us have changed our orders during the summer, and probably will want to adjust back to what we want. For example what is on my signed agreement includes the original cost of the headliner and the keypad which I have removed.

So, I think we’re going to be renegotiating come October 13th, and those that don’t are in for surprises on delivery.

Last edited:

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm saving over $4,000 off MSRP by purchasing from Granger with their below invoice pricing.
I guess that settles that! I'll call them. A one-way ticket and the gas to drive home is well worth the savings.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you haven't already established a purchase price in writing, you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the price protection Ford is touting. You should have locked your price before committing to a dealership (or look into switching now).

Wear something sexy and hope your salesman is really cool!
Incorrect. The Ford MY 21 price lock pertains to orders and reservations created before the March 19 2020 cut off. Of course, this only means your order will be based on MY22 B&P prices, but has no bearing on what a dealer may attempt to charge. I have printed out my exact order from the current B&P site in order to have it in hand before Ford changes over to the MY 22 B&P. I also have printed out the email from Ford stating the price lock particulars. Also, if one opts to add any new options that are specific to the MY 22, there is no price lock on those.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Incorrect. The Ford MY 21 price lock pertains to orders and reservations created before the March 19 2020 cut off. Of course, this only means your order will be based on MY22 B&P prices, but has no bearing on what a dealer may attempt to charge. I have printed out my exact order from the current B&P site in order to have it in hand before Ford changes over to the MY 22 B&P. I also have printed out the email from Ford stating the price lock particulars. Also, if one opts to add any new options that are specific to the MY 22, there is no price lock on those.
Oh I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you are incorrect. Build and price msrp is just that, the dealer has no requirements to stick with it. Ford specifically stated to establish a purchase price with your dealer before confirming to an order, if you don’t like the price, you could change dealers at the time. Price protection applies to msrp, not the dealers selling price. If you don’t have it in writing, the dealer can charge whatever adm they want.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is one of the copies of what I have but the price is circled and signed and says “this is the price you’ll pay.”

I’m curious as to why my salesperson forced mine to be 99’d and you ordered yours only five days before mine.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you are incorrect. Build and price msrp is just that, the dealer has no requirements to stick with it. Ford specifically stated to establish a purchase price with your dealer before confirming to an order, if you don’t like the price, you could change dealers at the time. Price protection applies to msrp, not the dealers selling price. If you don’t have it in writing, the dealer can charge whatever adm they want.
Let’s be honest. Price protection is an illusion. Even those with deals in writing and signature, what’s that mean? Bad actor dealers says eff you price is goin up and betting order holder doesn’t have a lawyer in family or choose to pursue claim.

What folks have is right to sue. Which they always have for anything. Wouldn’t be least bit surprised at this point an order holder shows up at some point has signed doc at stated price and dealer says…nope.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s be honest. Price protection is an illusion. Even those with deals in writing and signature, what’s that mean? Bad actor dealers says eff you price is goin up and betting order holder doesn’t have a lawyer in family or choose to pursue claim.

What folks have is right to sue. Which they always have for anything. Wouldn’t be least bit surprised at this point an order holder shows up at some point has signed doc at stated price and dealer says…nope.
That’s extremely unlikely to happen and you know it. Very few dealers would try to go back on a written agreement. We haven’t heard of a single one on here….

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s extremely unlikely to happen and you know it. Very few dealers would try to go back on a written agreement. We haven’t heard of a single one on here….
And nobody thought a Bronco with a 2” spacer with a stripe on it would sell for 165k.
Sponsored