Sponsored

HOW TO PREVENT RUBBING ON 37 INCH MUD TIRES.

VEGASLDR

Big Bend
First Name
luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' bronco big bend sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
HELLO EVERYONE, MY MANAGER RECENTLY GOT 37 INCH MUD TERRAIN TIRES ON HIS BRONCO BADLANDS WITH 4 INCH ZONE LIFT HE ALSO HAS 1 INCH SPACERS. WE NOTICED THAT THERE IS ABOUT 1MM OF CLEARANCE BETWEEN THE TIRE AND FENDER LINER WHEN ON FULL LOCK, WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS TO PREVENT DAMAGE WHEN ACTUALLY HITTING THE TRAILS?
TRIM/REMOVE FENDER LINER?
REMOVE SPACERS?
I DRIVE A SASQUATCH BIG BEND AND IM ALSO THINKING OF ADDING 37'S ON THE STOCK SASQUATCH WHEELS WOULD A 2 INCH LIFT BE HIGH ENOUGH TO GIVE ME ENOUGH CLEARANCE FOR 37'S AND TO BE ABLE TO GO OFFROADING AS WELL?
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP. I ATTATCHED A PICTURE TO SHOW HOW THE BADLANDS CURRENTLY SITS.

unnamed.jpg
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A good place to start is the JKS max tire kit and a 1.5” body lift. If you still get rubbing, there are some aftermarket inner fender liners designed to handle 37s. Sadly there’s no right answer across the board as every wheel, tire , spacer etc combination will yield slightly different results

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JKS kit for sure. Installed mine when I switched to 37s.
Ford Bronco HOW TO PREVENT RUBBING ON 37 INCH MUD TIRES. IMG_8107

OpDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 / 23 OBX SAS (3/27/23 Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love the look of Ironman M/T on these.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others have said, JKS max tire clearance kit. It will suck the liner in a good bit on the rear. I only did the rear portion of the kit and cut off the rear crash bar. Have done anything to the front yet.

Ford Bronco HOW TO PREVENT RUBBING ON 37 INCH MUD TIRES. IMG_2761

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Chvless956c

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the JKS kit will keep you from rubbing lock to lock for steering as others mention, to prevent rubbing when off roading you have to do one or a combination of things: 1. limit up travel 2. body lift 3. aftermarket fenders (inner/outer) such as adv fiberglass

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@VEGASLDR

There are a small number of people who prefer skinny tires and that will help with rubbing and aftermarket wheels have different backspacing and offset.

i was playing on telnet in the 80s
Great! I used to be able to use machine language on an Apple IIe, but that doesn't change the fact that 2nd wavers ruined caps and started pronouncing GIF with a hard G sound; both are abhorrent. I blame the librarians who were suddenly and rather inexplicably the de facto information and technology experts and pushed ridiculous nomenclature like netiquette and slobbered all over the alliterative World Wide Web long after people stopped saying the term. If you think all caps is a form of yelling, then that's between you and your inner monologue. The words on the screen don't make a sound; tell your inner self to stop yelling.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great! I used to be able to use machine language on an Apple IIe, but that doesn't change the fact that 2nd wavers ruined caps and started pronouncing GIF with a hard G sound; both are abhorrent.
Hard G FTW! It's not peanut butter.

Ford Bronco HOW TO PREVENT RUBBING ON 37 INCH MUD TIRES. 1703872951841

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard G FTW! It's not peanut butter.

1703872951841.png
Ford Bronco HOW TO PREVENT RUBBING ON 37 INCH MUD TIRES. 1000005908

So, I had an aquaintanceship with Steve, through a relative of his, and he said it was always a soft G or J sound. I was around when it wasn't questioned and then nonsensical people began using the Internet and they saw the letter G and instead of asking how it was pronounced they just grunted out a hard G sound from their primitive minds like some explorers landing on a rock after a long sailing voyage and calling the first people they see "Indians" because they were so self-assured that they couldn't be wrong......

For the ridiculous hard G argument based on the word graphics: Think of all the acronyms you know and try to pronounce them as if each letter was still in the original word, start with NASA, lol <-- "l-ow-l?"

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you don't disconnect your sway bar then you should be good. I have the same Big Bend Sasquatch and put 37x12.5x17 Toyo AT3'S on and with a 1" leveling kit and 1/4" wheel spacers it doesn't rub in the front other than a little in reverse. The rear rubs a bit on the wheel liner on the front side of the tires when I took it off-road. If you go with a smaller 37 like a KO2 then you should be good for sure.
If you disconnect the swaybar then that's a different story, but I leave mine connected and have wheeled some hard trails, you just hang a tire in the air more but I feel like having less flex in the front has helped me climb things the built Jeeps in our group struggled with (lower center of gravity and keeps weight on the front end more than a flexed out tire would- just my opinion why but i'm no expert).
Sponsored