Sponsored

WHAT OFFSET DO I NEED TO PREVENT RUBBING?

VEGASLDR

Big Bend
First Name
luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' bronco big bend sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm looking to go up in tire size, probably 37's once i lift my bronco. I'm also looking to get new wheels. I'm wondering if a negative, positive or 0 offset will be best to prevent rubbing on the rear part of the wheel well liner. all help is appreciated
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think there is a true definitive answer to that question. A lot of it depends on your exactly lift and tires you go with. A lot of people claim they have no rubbing, but they've also never completely flexed out their suspension before.

I will say the majority of folks going 37s have 0 offset or less. (And most people going 37s are also doing some minor trimming.)

But if someone has an actual definitive answer, wouldn't mind hearing it.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Somewhere between +15mm & -15mm…most folks split the difference at 0…but that is only the beginning of preventing rubbing…

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero is a good start. If you want no rubbing be prepared to trim some metal and plastic.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking to go up in tire size, probably 37's once i lift my bronco. I'm also looking to get new wheels. I'm wondering if a negative, positive or 0 offset will be best to prevent rubbing on the rear part of the wheel well liner. all help is appreciated
At least two options are known to work well. Note that the second option fully eliminates the feature intended to prevent fatalities in small offset (SORB) collision.
  • 17x8.5+12 (or OEM sasquatch wheel with 0.75" forged spacer) with smaller 37x12.50 such as BFG KO2/KM3 (must trim corners of 4 crash bar stubs). This setup typically has no issue with rear part of front well liner.
  • 17x8.5+0 aftermarket wheel 37x12.50 and Fox/JKS Kit (must cut off crash bar stubs, cut off the frame SORB gusset, install frame bracket, and replace liner spacer)

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I first saw the title of the post my initial response was "don't dance so close". Not sure about it and tire size.
Paul

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
17" x 8.5" + 18 offset

LSU Bronceaux

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very informative thread for those of us still educating themselves.

Haven’t taken delivery quite yet ( Badlands no SAS ) but initial plans are to run:

Fox 2.5
35” x 11.5 / 12.5
Relation Race wheels …. Believe the offer 0 & -12 options

Thoughts on the offset?
Sponsored