Sponsored

How to watch Netflix/Hulu/etc on Sync 4 display screen?

haaz

Outer Banks
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Worth noting, I've downloaded an SNES Emulator on it but haven't put any roms on it yet. You can pair a blutooth controller to it. The Magicbox itself gets it's internet by using your phone as it's hotspot.
So, hotspot phone, connect magicbox to that, the blutooth controller to the magicbox.
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So.... the question is still out there. Why do you want to do this?
Never heard of these magic boxes but I'm loving the idea (if it works). CarPlay interface sucks monkey balls. If a magic box will allow me to just mirror whatever is on my phone screen....problem solved!

beechdriver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why do so many people ask why you would want this or say this should not be available while driving? There is more than just the driver's seat in the Bronco. Perhaps the passengers would like to use this capability. This drives me nuts with the newer vehicles and their nanny locks. For instance, my wife's new expedition has a huge beautiful screen with build in map and carplay. However, while I'm driving, she cannot lookup destinations or adjust the map because the vehicle is in motion. Makes not sense to me.
Irresponsible people will be irresponsible regardless of these settings. All of us see plenty of them using their phones to watch movies while driving down the highway. The only thing these nanny locks do is frustrate those of us who know how to responsibly operate a motor vehicle.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys have no imagination. So you go on trail, your tie rod snaps and you have to overnight cause its too far to walk out. So you plug in your magic box and watch youtube videos how to fix it. This way, once you get the part (approx. 4 months) its installed in a jiffy.
i have my phone which will do the same and I can refer to it while I am under the car fixing it.

Sponsored

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, the Sync 4 has a "projection" feature to screen mirror your other device and it has its own wifi network. It says it is compatible with certain apps, but I tried using mine the other day for first time and couldn't even get the FordPass app to mirror or any others I tried.

It seems like if this feature actually worked it would be easiest way to do what you want. Anyone have like using the projection/mirror feature on the Sync 4 system?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are plenty of things that distract drivers so we don't need to get all moral for the OP's question. Hell, in my state I've seen vehicles so full of smoke driving around they can't see out the freaking windshield.... Or love it when you see someone driving on the road while they're reading a book or a newspaper at the same time... Not to mention just about every teenager on the road.

But back on point, I swear there was a post where someone had hooked up some sort of box and it was able to put all kinds of things on the screen. I mean my 2015 Wrangler has a built-in DVD player in the radio. It doesn't work while you're driving... But the idea of being able to play something on your screen is not new.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm that the T-box works like a charm...

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/tbox-plus?variant=43379462865066

I have LUX and it even displays full screen. The previous one I bought, Stream To Your Car, works but does NOT go full screen on the LUX screen.
And keep in mind that even if you find a way to screen mirror with other apps/gadgets, many streaming services are clever enough to not function in a mirroring mode. The T-box is a much better solution. I have tested it with Netflix, Showtime, etc. and I use my phone as a hotspot. You can also plug a sim card and get data that way but hotspot is all good...or use your car as a hotspot if you have service that way.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Insane how expensive these are
I can't recall the brand but there are much cheaper options too, under $200 IIRC. A tablet still made more sense to me though.

james1414d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Will these machines do full screen android auto? I prefer google maps for nav, but hate that it is so small on the screen.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will these machines do full screen android auto? I prefer google maps for nav, but hate that it is so small on the screen.
This one initiates through carplay but yes it displays in full screen if you start in Android Auto and select the expand option from AA and then plug in the unit. It is 199 less 15% off that right now:

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/tbox-plus?variant=43379462865066

It does take a week or longer to arrive...but it is cool.
Sponsored