Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really excited about the Off-Rodeo thing.
Me too! I really hope that there is one within reading from me.
Sponsored

Reactions: bek

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If mine makes it an hour after I pick it up, and isn't on a pretty hairy 4x4 trail it will be a miracle. It will split duties with my 94 bronco as a daily/hunting rig/exploring vehicle. I've got 2 trails that I'm considering for "break in" time. One of which is the only trail that has ever bested my 94..... I still made it, but had to Bush whack a little to get through, as the trail was actually quite a bit rougher than the area just around it, and I had no chance of going back up the way I came, had to make the loop, or leave it in the woods.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Extra for fun vehicle.
I was sold on buying a classic vehicle until I saw the new bronco.
This is more practical than buying a 70's something scout/FJ/bronco. Although in the future I may still get one of those. For now this will be the next "toy".

Clayhildreth

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious what we were all planning to do with our new Broncos when we take delivery. Will it be your new DD? weekend toy? full off road rig?

I will be trading in my daily and make the Bronco my new daily as well as hitting an occasional "beginner level" trail here and there. I am definitely a newb when it comes to off-roading since I've never had an off-road capable vehicle. Looking forward to it though!
I'm also gonna make the new bronco my daily driver. I have never really done a whole lot of off roading so I am excited to start!

Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gettin Tacos, Pizza, Ice Cream and Happy Hour.
And every day driving.
And Vacations.
And staring at it.

chappyja_WNC

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I plan to use it for further exploration of Western NC. I want the doors and roof off 95% of the time and if it a crappy day out, it will be a garage King. It will be a secondary vehicle, not a daily driver. I plan to keep it long enough to hand it down to one of my kids if I still like any of them when I'm older (I'm only 48).

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if we get Covid under control and the kids can go back to school it'll be their open air bus (well, boy is probably off to college by the time I get it...) and a 2.4 mile round trip to Safeway mostly. Not any off roading around the Bay Area as far as I know, but we'll take it to the mountains for off grid camping for sure. Also planning a trip from Tahoe to Lone Pine with stops here and there, visit Ghost Towns and other fun stuff. Camping above Hope Valley in the wild, trips up North into what ever might be left of our beautiful woods after the insane fires, check out backroads in the Eastern Bay Area, looks like some nice areas behind Livermore.

Down the road it'll show up in Moab to finish things I didn't get to last time and eventually, if I still like it and it holds up by the time my girl is off to college too I might just drive it to the East Coast and explore from NY to Maine for a couple weeks/months.

But in the beginning it'll be mostly something to love and look at in my driveway and take on fun rides up Mount Diablo or over to Marin.

I don't have a commute, so I'll have to make sure to find enough things for it to do :)

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That depends...

Maybe my DD? I have a 106km commute so at ~$1.25 per litre (round number average for my area) that's ~$1.32 per L/100km of fuel economy per day I commute. So if this thing gets ~12L/100km for mostly highway driving (rough guess) that's still ~$16 per commute. That's getting steep for a DD and if I had to throw a number at it that's probably where I'd draw my hard line.

Definitely for hunting, but if it keeps the ludicrous 3500lb TC the I can't haul my trailer for overnight trips so then only some hunting but not all.

Would love to take it camping, but again if there's no max tow package available o can't take the trailer so unless we had to have two vehicles anyways it would be left at home.

For work sometimes, since we don't have enough trucks in the fall and get to use our personal vehicles if we want.

So there's a good chance it seems some hunting and the occasional camping trip, plus some work duty, and I don't even get to use it as a DD. I was really excited about this truck and ready to give up a lot of money for it, but it's starting to look a little grim.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jeez after watching a few of these videos today, I think I might just keep it in the driveway and polish it every couple of days

Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Daily driver for 99% of the time.

I hope to use it for road trips, going to trails and camping.

I would like to join some groups to do some overlanding but haven't seriously looked.

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First day and off it goes into the wild.... since its "Build Wild" it will get used for its intended purpose.
Pure off roading rig.

Super excited!

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Daily driver, but it will be fun to have something capable of going out in the desert or beach in. I’m also just excited about having something bigger and higher off the ground than a sports car for the first time in over 15 years.

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a company car for my daily commute to work. So I will use my Bronco on the weekends for beach trips, fishing trips, hunting trips and garage selling trips. I can't wait!!