First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IF? IF? IF? Scuttlebutt from BOF: "Since it won't have the 2.7l, what will be the upgraded engine? ?

Thoughts? Predictions?
Anything but the 1.5L Dragon 3cyl. Drove a '20 Escape with one. Ok power, but loud booming drone at 50-75mph.
I predict the 2.3L Ranger-tune 4 will be standard, and the 2.5 Atkinson/Hybrid as an option. I think with CAFE requirements tightening we likely won't see any V6 or V8 options. Raptor-type probably would get the Mustang-tune 310hp 2,3L.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My friend hinted that the 3.0 was a possibility as well.

here’s his quote: “ 3L ecoboost is being considered for the raptor variant of the bronco but it may end up being a tuned 2.7 as that engine makes a ton of low-end torque. 3.5EB will not fit and is also slowly being phased out across the ford lineup”

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll try to stop hijacking this thread, but one more:
That's similar to what I'd do with TwoNav. I want to get their Adventura Moto GPS unit and the software bundle. That way I'd have an all-weather device which could also be used on my motorcycles. I use TwoNav's app currently on my phone which is fun on hikes and CC skiing. Billions of settings & displays, and I'm exaggerating only a little! I have a RandMcNally TND540 I use(d) truck driving and in the car. Much brighter than my iPhone (which is prone to shut off in sustained direct sun), but it's not weatherproof,

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4 door
Auto, 'cause I'm too lazy to change gears anymore. :)
2.7 TT
hard top in white
Blue I think, but if it's a subdued blue (non metallic) like the Grabber Blue I'm sure.
Nav, then see what's offered. I would hope Ford would offer their blind spot/cross traffic sensors. And praying that they have a switch to turn that damnable ASS (yeah, that's what I call it) off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So as I'm not a Ford fanboy (I like what I like), don't know the potential of the 2.7tt

What could I expect with fbo+tune?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So as I'm not a Ford fanboy (I like what I like), don't know the potential of the 2.7tt

I’ve heard they will push 500+ horses with pretty minimal stuff.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me either, but I've heard no complaints from the folks on the F-150 forums. So, I figure if it pulls a tank like an F-150 around, it should do the job nicely in a Bronco. I hope.........

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2.0T

5 Star Tuning was able to get 370HP and 450TQ out of an otherwise stock 2018 2.7L F150 (outside of the 93 octane tune). Add a high-flow exhaust, intake, down-pipe and intercooler? I'm sure you could get above 500TQ. Of course Ford may tune the 2.7L for the Bronco a little different than how they tune it in the F150, kinda like the 5.0L between the F150 and Mustang, so you never know.