Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will batch send the orders, when Nov 1 hits we will get our act together start getting info ready to send and the order the vehicles.

Too many assumptions out there on how and when so I am leaving that dog to rest.?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Throwback

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting conjecture, but it's illogical. Ford already stated that vehicles will be built in the order the reservations were received. This is done by the timestamp of the reservation, not the reservation number. I confirmed this with Ford this morning when I moved my reservation to @Granger Ford.
If you were to look at the data you would see the 'filled in' reservation numbers.
I don't know why they did it like that, but I'm just pointing it out.

Example: SORTED BY RESERVATION NUMBER
Timestamp -- Res. #
7/19/20 -- 100001
7/19/20 -- 100042
7/19/20 -- 100335
8/01/20 -- 100390 < -- Outlier
7/19/20 -- 100456
7/20/20 -- 100582
7/20/20 -- 100599
7/21/20 -- 100645
8/04/20 -- 100687 < -- Outlier
7/21/20 -- 100710

OP
OP
Throwback

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We will batch send the orders, when Nov 1 hits we will get our act together start getting info ready to send and the order the vehicles.

Too many assumptions out there on how and when so I am leaving that dog to rest.?
Makes sense from an engineering standpoint to me for Ford to build them in batches.
One week they'll work on a First Edition product order, and the next may be Big Bend for a week.
That's how factories work. Customization is further down the line.

Who is 'we' though- the dealer, or FORD?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes sense from an engineering standpoint to me for Ford to build them in batches.
One week they'll work on a First Edition product order, and the next may be Big Bend for a week.
That's how factories work. Customization is further down the line.

Who is 'we' though- the dealer, or FORD?

We=Granger. I only speak for our store and some personal

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You will batch send the orders based on what? ?

The reservation number!! What I’ve been saying from the beginning, the reservation numbers were for dealerships to sort out builds not the factory. ?

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were to look at the data you would see the 'filled in' reservation numbers.
I don't know why they did it like that, but I'm just pointing it out.

Example: SORTED BY RESERVATION NUMBER
Timestamp -- Res. #
7/19/20 -- 100001
7/19/20 -- 100042
7/19/20 -- 100335
8/01/20 -- 100390 < -- Outlier
7/19/20 -- 100456
7/20/20 -- 100582
7/20/20 -- 100599
7/21/20 -- 100645
8/04/20 -- 100687 < -- Outlier
7/21/20 -- 100710
Understood and your analysis is certainly interesting. However, Ford is basing your build date not on your reservation number, but on your reservation time stamp.

Why they are skipping or reassigning numbers is just strange. I can't imagine any database developer thinking that reusing canceled reservation numbers is a good idea. There are literally an infinite amount of reservation numbers, so reusing them makes no sense.

That being said, I'm just guessing, so who knows? ?

OP
OP
Throwback

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We=Granger. I only speak for our store and some personal
But will it matter WHEN you send your orders in to FORD, or will they use their data from the original submission?
Understood and your analysis is certainly interesting. However, Ford is basing your build date not on your reservation number, but on your reservation time stamp.

Why they are skipping or reassigning numbers is just strange. I can't imagine any database developer thinking that reusing canceled reservation numbers is a good idea. There are literally an infinite amount of reservation numbers, so reusing them makes no sense.

Well, the data could be input wrong by the user into the form, but I saw a decent amount of these "fill-ins".
I have not seen cases of skipping reservation numbers, as the data we have is only a small amount of all Bronco reservations.

However, they may have their reasons for reassigning the number - if the person changed their trim at a later date

No clue how it would help them to use an old number. It just makes things more complicated and more difficult to tidy up.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect the reservation number is nothing more than an identifier for your data packet. If somebody cancels their data packet gets deleted freeing up the "reference" number again.

Ford will look at all the orders and develop a manufacturing plan based on whatever magical formula says which batch of each trim need to be built. I suspect the dealer and date/timestamp are going to have a bigger impact on how soon orders are filled. Higher ranked dealers will probably get early batches, high volume dealers will likely be at the top of the list as well.

In my opinion Granger is playing an interesting game by offering the deal they are. By offering the deal they are and presumably selling a higher volume of Bronco's they are likely to move up in the dealer pecking order, moving up offers benefits for their business that are way more valuable than any ADM could ever be.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let's not make this more convoluted. Regardless of some "reservation" #, Ford will begin the build process largely based on when the dealer places the sold order, and what priority they assign. The dealer might look at the reservation #s and give a higher priority, or if you slide them an extra $500 under the table. :cool: You will want priority 01. After that, you'll get your VIN #, it will be scheduled, eventually built, and finally delivered. Good salesmen will track an update all this for you.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But will it matter WHEN you send your orders in to FORD, or will they use their data from the original submission?

Well, the data could be input wrong by the user into the form, but I saw a decent amount of these "fill-ins".
I have not seen cases of skipping reservation numbers, as the data we have is only a small amount of all Bronco reservations.

However, they may have their reasons for reassigning the number - if the person changed their trim at a later date

No clue how it would help them to use an old number. It just makes things more complicated and more difficult to tidy up.
That is a corporate question well out of my scope of review

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No idea how it will work, but I ordered mine on 7/20 and it starts with 103.

Made a 2nd one on 7/23 and it also starts with 103.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Let's not make this more convoluted. Regardless of some "reservation" #, Ford will begin the build process largely based on when the dealer places the sold order, and what priority they assign. The dealer might look at the reservation #s and give a higher priority, or if you slide them an extra $500 under the table. :cool: You will want priority 01. After that, you'll get your VIN #, it will be scheduled, eventually built, and finally delivered. Good salesmen will track an update all this for you.
FWIW, Ford is on the record unequivocally stating that builds will largely be done in the order in which they were reserved, with variances allowed for in grouping certain models and options.

None of it is based on dealer allocation or priority assignment, as the order is for thr end customer and not the dealer.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is likely to batch builds based on assembly sequence, not trim levels. So drivetrain, chassis length and suspension choices are most likely to determine batching with more popular choices filling the queue first. I don't think there's going to be much correlation between our reservation numbers and delivery sequence, aside from getting your build into the hopper. If you're early in line in terms of reservations, but choose less popular parameters, your build will take longer to deliver.
Sponsored