First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious about how the allocation works. Here’s a hypothetical scenario. I would like your input as to how this would work.

DEALERSHIP X-Has 9 reservations (All hold day 2 & 3 reservations) and all 9 convert their order before March 19. Based on 30% formula, dealership is allotted 3 Broncos for 2021.
Suddenly, on March 18, a day 1 reservation holder switches to this dealership and orders and now he gets one of the 3 allocation spots, knocking one of the other 3 out of their slot to receive a 2021.

Is this how it would work or not?
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's how it should work.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As currently configured, that's how it works.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That 100% conversion might result in additional allocations so it could be a wash or even beneficial for that original 4th person.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's how it'll work, but I don't imagine people with day 1/2 reservations switching, they're pretty much getting their cars no matter what dealer they go to.

Most that are informed enough on the topic have already switched to who they want to. You have to remember that B6G only accounts for roughly 3-4% of the reservations out there. You really think that average Joe is going to know that he might get his Bronco sooner if he switched dealers? I doubt it.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep.

But this is why there is a cutoff, and only after that cutoff is the scheduling computed and your delivery estimate actually known and conveyed to you.

No sense in worrying about this type of scenario because an earlier reservation holder would always be before you in line anyway, and you can’t prevent someone from switching in...

...also, this is a strong argument for dealerships not sharing too much info now since everything is still in flux.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's how it'll work, but I don't imagine people with day 1/2 reservations switching, they're pretty much getting their cars no matter what dealer they go to.

Most that are informed enough on the topic have already switched to who they want to. You have to remember that B6G only accounts for roughly 3-4% of the reservations out there. You really think that average Joe is going to know that he might get his Bronco sooner if he switched dealers? I doubt it.
Expecting an influx of noobs up in here once they go to their dealers to order and meet Mr. ADM.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s how it should work, but what’s to prevent a dealer from saying they won’t take any more new orders once they fill their allocations.

I can see both sides as long as you know ahead of time what a particular dealer will do.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s how it should work, but what’s to prevent a dealer from saying they won’t take any more new orders once they fill their allocations.

I can see both sides as long as you know ahead of time what a particular dealer will do.

Are you asking what’s to prevent a dealer from saying they won’t make any more low-effort car sales?

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What my dealer is doing is not accepting any more reservation transfers to preserve their current order and allocations and reward customers who were already reserved with them

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious about how the allocation works. Here’s a hypothetical scenario. I would like your input as to how this would work.

DEALERSHIP X-Has 9 reservations (All hold day 2 & 3 reservations) and all 9 convert their order before March 19. Based on 30% formula, dealership is allotted 3 Broncos for 2021.
Suddenly, on March 18, a day 1 reservation holder switches to this dealership and orders and now he gets one of the 3 allocation spots, knocking one of the other 3 out of their slot to receive a 2021.

Is this how it would work or not?
Yes, but a few dealers, like Kearny Mesa (Eric) are no longer taking transfers for 2021 MY Broncos, for that same reason. Even though it would benefit him and his dealership, immensely, it would likely bump out someone that has transferred and stayed with @EricAtKearnyMesaFord for a long time. He posted elsewhere, that he will still take transfers for a deferred 2022 MY Bronco build... and I would encourage anyone that wants to work with a stand-up guy, like Eric, to take this same path.

Per todays news, from Mr. LeVine (sp), stated: people that defer to a 2022 MY, from a 2021 MY, will keep their timestamp (meaning that they would go toward the front of the line for a deferred build as a 2022 MY Bronco.

If Eric sees this post, please correct any misinformation that I might have given!!!

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have already read on some threads about dealerships refusing to take on any transferred reservations regardless of timestamp. I don't think they can do that but what do I know?
Sponsored