Sponsored

Hypothetical Poll 2.7L w/ Manual

If the manual was offered with both engines, would you get the manual with the 2.7L?

• Manual w/ 2.3L

• Auto w/ 2.3L

• Manual w/ 2.7L

• Auto w/ 2.3L

• Auto 2.7L

Results are only viewable after voting.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having a manual transmission is priority over a bigger engine. But if the 2.7 was offered I would definitely opt for that. Especially with a 4dr choice. Are wranglers offered with a manual transmission on other engines other then the 3.7?
Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Iā€˜ve heard that over and over. People say that manual vehicles are dead and nobody buys them. So why are used manual vehicles with 300K miles asking 5 times the price of an automatic of the same vehicle that has 80K and is in better condition. Manual vehicles disappear instantly and autos sit and sit and sit. Manual vehicles donā€™t sell new because manufacturers screw around with the customers and do what ford is doing with the Bronco. They will offer a manual in the lesser engine. Or like the Mazda 3 that offers a manual in the FWD premium package and not the AWD like people would want.
Scarcity drives value. Overall market appeal drives volume. Very different.

I would be first in line for a 2.7 manual.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Add me to the list. Ford, now that you have some time (due to external delays), you can make this happen!
That begs the real question: If it was available with the 2.7 but not till 22' would you wait? Not so sure I would

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't help but think of the new C-8 Corvette, no manual tranny at all!
Some times I need to remind myself, how lucky I am (we are) that Ford gave us a stick shift option in this Bronco

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That begs the real question: If it was available with the 2.7 but not till 22' would you wait? Not so sure I would
Im waiting for Mansquatch. I would def wait even longer and pay more for it to be paired with the 2.7

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't help but think of the new C-8 Corvette, no manual tranny at all!
same with the new GT500, GTRs and lots of other sports cars. New auto transmissions make them faster than manuals, but doesnā€™t mean more fun.

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2.3 powers the Ranger pretty well, I think. Iā€™m assuming that could be compared to a four door Bronco. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m ok with the 2.3. A 2.7 would be nice tho..

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it was just me driving it, yeah I'd prefer the manual. I on the other hand have a wife that had a severe ankle injury and clutch work is difficult for her. I'm fine with it though. It not being offered on the 2.7 made it an easy choice. I'd rather have the V6 with an auto than the I4 with a stick. I have enough manuals in my stable as is.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€œWe see the newer automatic transmissions as real progress for off-road vehicles. Frankly, we were surprised how many manual transmissions Jeep makes available these days and think the standard stick shift will soon be gone altogether,ā€ Guffey says. ā€œIt had a good, long run but needs to retire.ā€

Sounds like a guy that either can't drive stick or is in the camp of "moving my left leg is hard because Americans have gotten fat and lazy"