Sponsored

Poll 2.7 Manual Sasquatch

Would the 2.7 Manual Sasquatch your top choice if it were available?

• Total voters

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ah, you misunderstand, I am not saying they should have added the manual to the 2.7 in addition to the 2.3, I am saying they should have only done the 2.7 with a manual, then the above costs you mentioned would have been about the same. They paid whatever testing (crash and emissions) testing cost for the 2.3 and manual, I am saying that the costs would have been about the same if they did it for the 2.7 and manual instead and that they would have gotten a higher take rate and been able add it to other models that have a transfer case and take the 2.7 (read; millions of F-150 units a year) in the future if they so desired. Once they get the Bronco frame under the new Ranger, the 2.7 will be the engine of choice there as well. With similar weight, they could probably piggy back some of Bronco's testing in the emissions area to save money and offer class leading power in a midsize pick up with both a manual or automatic options. It is insane to do it the other way around and pick the 2.3 as the design target over the 2.7
Not arguing the point. Perhaps Ford took into consideration the CAFE regulations for it's choice as well (just guessing). As far as off road capability, a bigger more powerful engine is not always better. I've read that is the case. I'm not a hardcore off roader, so I have no real experience with such a statement.

My real pet peeve is not using computer aided crash test modelling in these modern times. The DOT should be using manufacturers resources to validate the computer simulation modelling tools rather than uselessly balling up automobiles. It does make for cool IIHS videos though :)
Sponsored

Hammey

Badlands
First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 1970 Corvette. and a Beagle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt it that many people will want a manual, suck it up manual transmissions will be long gone when the market turns ev only
Reminds me of a song:
My uncle preserved for me
An old machine
For fifty-odd years
To keep it as new
Has been his dearest dream

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Serious question...will the 2.3 really be that much better to work on? It seems it will be physically smaller but does that translate to an appreciable amount of room. I know that every inch counts obviously*

*title of your sex tape
One less turbo.

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Folks,

I am attempting to figure out if I am being too picky and a one off or if there are a lot of others like me when it comes to the options I was looking for. How many of of you would order the manual V6 with Sasquatch if it were available?
My votes in .😎