Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, the 2-door BD I had on order since 2020 is sitting at the dealership. Now I don’t even know if I’m going to pick it up. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Rewind, I was able to find a BB with everything I ordered except the Mid Package for MSRP awhile back when I wasn’t sure if the BD was going to get a build date. The BB has given me no problems and usually gets 24mpg. Not a bad problem to have I know, but I wasn’t expecting it.

Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

I know that doesn't really help but with today's interest rates and if you are really happy with what you have already; why change it? I'm the last one to say that as I have owned way more cars than years I've been alive, but the idea of buying a car right now does not appeal to me. I was going to add the price increase but if you have price protection that is a good thing to have in your pocket. That said I cannot empathize as I was able to order and get exactly what I wanted in 2021. Good luck! And I get no where near that kind of MPG. lol

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got a BD cause mgv and washout interior. Mid package was a must as well. So that tells you where I stand BUT... If youre happy with your BB then keep it. If youre on the fence then at least compare. Also might not hurt to see how much trade you can get. If you can make a little money on it or lower your payment and get into a brand new 0mi car might be a benefit.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm having the same issue as well... I've been a fan of the Everglades but since they were almost impossible to order, I ended up picking up a 2 door Big Bend SAS with the 2.7, mid package, and modular bumper in December. Now with the Everglades making a comeback, I placed an order on one but I'm unsure if I should stick to mine or go with the Everglades once the time comes. I'm known to be the bad influence among my friends to i'm going to say go check it out before you regret it forever but be careful because the dealer might lowball you on the trade in value of your current Bronco.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One reason is that some of the bugs from the earlier years have been taken care of in 2023-2024. Better sound deadening, better build quality... especially if your current rig has those issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

I know that doesn't really help but with today's interest rates and if you are really happy with what you have already; why change it? I'm the last one to say that as I have owned way more cars than years I've been alive, but the idea of buying a car right now does not appeal to me. I was going to add the price increase but if you have price protection that is a good thing to have in your pocket. That said I cannot empathize as I was able to order and get exactly what I wanted in 2021. Good luck! And I get no where near that kind of MPG. lol
I’m surprised at the MPG. I’m not a slow driver. Maybe a bit slower than my Mustang days. 😅

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got a BD cause mgv and washout interior. Mid package was a must as well. So that tells you where I stand BUT... If youre happy with your BB then keep it. If youre on the fence then at least compare. Also might not hurt to see how much trade you can get. If you can make a little money on it or lower your payment and get into a brand new 0mi car might be a benefit.
True. I do plan on taking a look at it this weekend.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm having the same issue as well... I've been a fan of the Everglades but since they were almost impossible to order, I ended up picking up a 2 door Big Bend SAS with the 2.7, mid package, and modular bumper in December. Now with the Everglades making a comeback, I placed an order on one but I'm unsure if I should stick to mine or go with the Everglades once the time comes. I'm known to be the bad influence among my friends to i'm going to say go check it out before you regret it forever but be careful because the dealer might lowball you on the trade in value of your current Bronco.
I have a feeling I’ll be lowballed since I have price protection.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have a feeling I’ll be lowballed since I have price protection.
They'll likely lowball you esp with the price protection 💀

I'd say go for what you like. I wish I can give you more feedback but it's like the blind leading the blind here because with my situation with the Everglades, I'm on the same boat with you (kinda) 😭

Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Get a quote from one of the many online car buying services to use as ammo in case they do lowball you on a trade.
That's actually a great idea! you might need to schedule an in person appointment with those online car buying services because they're not giving prices for Broncos online (I tried and it always directed me to book an in person appraisal)

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's actually a great idea! you might need to schedule an in person appointment with those online car buying services because they're not giving prices for Broncos online (I tried and it always directed me to book an in person appraisal)
Carvana et al gave me online offers. Back in the super crazy days of the Covid sillies and no cars on lots I had an offer of more than 10k what I paid for mine. I was very tempted to take it.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CarMax
Carvana

Anywhere else I should be checking?

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

CarMax
Carvana

Anywhere else I should be checking?
Try Vroom as well... I actually just valued my Bronco at carvana for fun and it gave me $42,000 for my 23' 2 Door, SAS, mid package, 2.7, with the modular bumper only driven 7,500 💀

I feel like an actual Ford dealer might give you a better deal because they're more aware about the markups, what's discontinued/not discontinued
Sponsored