Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One reason is that some of the bugs from the earlier years have been taken care of in 2023-2024. Better sound deadening, better build quality... especially if your current rig has those issues.
Agreed. MY23.5 seems to be very solid.

OP my order never showed up so I impulse purchased a non-SAS OBX three weeks ago for MSRP.

I am very happy with my decision.

In hindsight, my favorite trim now is the non-SAS Badlands. I think that is the best Bronco for the money hands down.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In no particular order:

Vroom
Driveway
Shift
Give me the VIN
CB USA
Car Gurus
True Car
Carmigo (auction website where dealers bid on your vehicle)
Great!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, the 2-door BD I had on order since 2020 is sitting at the dealership. Now I don’t even know if I’m going to pick it up. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Rewind, I was able to find a BB with everything I ordered except the Mid Package for MSRP awhile back when I wasn’t sure if the BD was going to get a build date. The BB has given me no problems and usually gets 24mpg. Not a bad problem to have I know, but I wasn’t expecting it.

Anyone else having this issue?
It simply depends what you plan to do with your Bronco.

1. Does the BB have AdvancedTrac?
1a. Does your BD have AdvancedTrac?

If one or the other does not - I would stick with whichever vehicle has 4A.

2. Is a rear locker, rock rails, bash plates, and steel bumpers important to you?

I guess what I am saying is the BD is much more capable off road than your BB so if that is your thing then it needs to be BD.

But if that ISN'T your thing - if one has 4A and one doesn't - I would spring for the one with 4A - bonus points if it is the BD.

Interesting enough I am in almost the polar opposite situation as you. My MY23 BD (AdvancedTrac, 2.7, 4dr, mid, soft) is set to arrive at the dealer any day now and I have already told them sell it because the MSRP is $50k.

For $53k I ordered an MY24 BB Sasquatch w/mid, 2.3, mod bumper, 12" screen, HOSS 3.0 steering - for $3k more it is a no brainer for me.

I sold my 22 BaseSquatch for $54,500 so before tax I am still ultimately +$1,500 with so many more options.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't want it, someone will gladly take it off your hands. Not going to hurt anyone but yourself. I get where you're coming from though. Tough spot.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you like to work for it and deal making is your thing, work on trading it in. Just keep in mind keeping what you got is just fine.

Otherwise, keep what you got.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mean… they are basically the same thing. It’s not like you are going from a standard Big Bend to a SAS Badlands or something. My .02 would be to keep what u got. Another couple years there will prob be a diff vehicle you want anyways or a significant redesign.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the dealer thinks they can get a better deal by adding the truck to inventory I don't see why they are going to give you top dollar for a trade in. Although from what I see, inventory is finally starting to increase so they may want to unload it.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. MY23.5 seems to be very solid.

OP my order never showed up so I impulse purchased a non-SAS OBX three weeks ago for MSRP.

I am very happy with my decision.

In hindsight, my favorite trim now is the non-SAS Badlands. I think that is the best Bronco for the money hands down.
My BB is an early/mid 2023. I agree. The BL is nice.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It simply depends what you plan to do with your Bronco.

1. Does the BB have AdvancedTrac?
1a. Does your BD have AdvancedTrac?

If one or the other does not - I would stick with whichever vehicle has 4A.

2. Is a rear locker, rock rails, bash plates, and steel bumpers important to you?

I guess what I am saying is the BD is much more capable off road than your BB so if that is your thing then it needs to be BD.

But if that ISN'T your thing - if one has 4A and one doesn't - I would spring for the one with 4A - bonus points if it is the BD.

Interesting enough I am in almost the polar opposite situation as you. My MY23 BD (AdvancedTrac, 2.7, 4dr, mid, soft) is set to arrive at the dealer any day now and I have already told them sell it because the MSRP is $50k.

For $53k I ordered an MY24 BB Sasquatch w/mid, 2.3, mod bumper, 12" screen, HOSS 3.0 steering - for $3k more it is a no brainer for me.

I sold my 22 BaseSquatch for $54,500 so before tax I am still ultimately +$1,500 with so many more options.
Funny enough, neither one has 4A. But you make a good point. A new 2024 BB might not be that much different than the 23 BD. 🤔

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you like to work for it and deal making is your thing, work on trading it in. Just keep in mind keeping what you got is just fine.

Otherwise, keep what you got.
It will also save on taxes. I’ll factor that in.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean… they are basically the same thing. It’s not like you are going from a standard Big Bend to a SAS Badlands or something. My .02 would be to keep what u got. Another couple years there will prob be a diff vehicle you want anyways or a significant redesign.
New FJ 😅 maybe. But your probably right.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A BB can be optioned with a rear locker so that statement isn't true. Unless he said his specifically doesn't have it, but I didn't see that.

The other components are negligible & easily added.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A BB can be optioned with a rear locker so that statement isn't true. Unless he said his specifically doesn't have it, but I didn't see that.

The other components are negligible & easily added.
I just saw you can add the rear locker to the MY24 BB. Decisions 🤷🏼‍♂️

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs