Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever buy one. I had a day two order, 99’d it to wait on a white top, then ran into the allocation bs through Granger. Through my arms up and canceled my order to wait longer. Now I still can’t order what I want, a two door heritage with Lux, which the Ford marketing morons won’t offer on the Heritage. No way to get a Heritage Ltd. I want to give Ford money and they can’t seem to sell me what I want. Just about to give up completely.
Kinda sad some of the things Ford decides to do. I guess it’s about the money and not the customer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's where I am. I want a badlands with cloth seats and carpet interior but they don't give those options any longer (I don't like plastics, especially sitting on them) so I'm looking at a '24 Toyota Land cruiser, or perhaps going old school and building up an FJ80.
I have my eye on the Land Cruiser also. And I’m waiting to see the 4 Runner.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Edit: spelling/grammar
Kinda sad some of the things Ford decides to do. I guess it’s about the money and not the customer.
I agree, but I was "called out" by certain silly members about daring to question Ford on these kind of decisions when the Maverick configurator was released. 🤷

I sure don't like it, I really like the de jure method, but I can see how that can make a build schedule difficult (I have had experience scheduling 'larger' manufacturing). :)

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a feeling I’ll be lowballed since I have price protection.
Price Protection isn't coming out of the dealer's pocket. It's out of Ford's pocket. Dealer makes just as much selling it to you with Price Protection as a dude off the street without.

So...

MGV seats are a love/hate. I absolutely did NOT want them in Phoenix. If you live somewhere with more reasonable temperatures then most folks would call that an upgrade.

Rear locker. Hopefully the BB has a rear locker. It's the only reason to get a BB over a (now discontinued) Base. Otherwise, I'd get the BD simply for the locker.

Mid vs Standard package. For some reason people like the Mid package. I personally hate everything about it. I much prefer the manual HVAC on the Standard to Ford's braindead automatic one with the mid.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Price Protection isn't coming out of the dealer's pocket. It's out of Ford's pocket. Dealer makes just as much selling it to you with Price Protection as a dude off the street without.

So...

MGV seats are a love/hate. I absolutely did NOT want them in Phoenix. If you live somewhere with more reasonable temperatures then most folks would call that an upgrade.

Rear locker. Hopefully the BB has a rear locker. It's the only reason to get a BB over a (now discontinued) Base. Otherwise, I'd get the BD simply for the locker.

Mid vs Standard package. For some reason people like the Mid package. I personally hate everything about it. I much prefer the manual HVAC on the Standard to Ford's braindead automatic one with the mid.
I did order the BD for the MGV, locker, and Mid. Having had the BB without any of those, is making me rethink the BD.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did order the BD for the MGV, locker, and Mid. Having had the BB without any of those, is making me rethink the BD.
BB with no rear locker is paying $5k for a leather wrapped shifter and steering wheel.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, I always thought the BB was the worst choice but with the base gone it made more sense and I ended up with one (only thing I really miss is the switches)…in ‘24 no 2dr totally crosses it off my list…

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I always thought the BB was the worst choice but with the base gone it made more sense and I ended up with one (only thing I really miss is the switches)…in ‘24 no 2dr totally crosses it off my list…
Still not sure why Ford deleted the Base.
Sponsored