Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Suppose you ordered a Bronco back when the order banks opened. You were excited and couldn't wait for the day it would show up. Then, the delays and issues started happening and you soon realized it would be a long wait. You decide you can't wait indefinitely and decide to buy something else. You tell the dealer you changed your mind and dealer emails back.
"If at any point during the ordering/building process you decide you actually want your Bronco, contact me ASAP so I can attach your name back to it".
Fast forward more than a year later, you receive an email from Ford with a VIN and telling you your Bronco will be scheduled soon. The updates get more frequent and finally, a pic of it coming off the assembly line and the expected ETA at the dealer. After seeing the pic, you start wishing you could still buy it, especially with the difficulty of getting any vehicle built exactly the way you want.
You call Ford and tell them your story. Ford researches the situation and says dealer reconfigured the order from OBX to Badlands, but the order was never canceled and still in the original customers name. They said contact the dealer GSM and tell them you still want it. You call the dealer and they say sorry too late. When you said you didn't want it, we went to the next customer and reconfigured to what they want.
Would you walk away at this point realizing telling the dealer you didn't want it was a dumb thing to do just in case you changed your mind or would you call Ford again and tell them you did what they told you and dealer refuses to sell? This may get the dealer penalized at least for violating the 70% name match policy. You'd probably not want to go back to that dealer after causing them problems.
Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Suppose you ordered a Bronco back when the order banks opened. You were excited and couldn't wait for the day it would show up. Then, the delays and issues started happening and you soon realized it would be a long wait. You decide you can't wait indefinitely and decide to buy something else. You tell the dealer you changed your mind and dealer emails back.
"If at any point during the ordering/building process you decide you actually want your Bronco, contact me ASAP so I can attach your name back to it".
Fast forward more than a year later, you receive an email from Ford with a VIN and telling you your Bronco will be scheduled soon. The updates get more frequent and finally, a pic of it coming off the assembly line and the expected ETA at the dealer. After seeing the pic, you start wishing you could still buy it, especially with the difficulty of getting any vehicle built exactly the way you want.
You call Ford and tell them your story. Ford researches the situation and says dealer reconfigured the order from OBX to Badlands, but the order was never canceled and still in the original customers name. They said contact the dealer GSM and tell them you still want it. You call the dealer and they say sorry too late. When you said you didn't want it, we went to the next customer and reconfigured to what they want.
Would you walk away at this point realizing telling the dealer you didn't want it was a dumb thing to do just in case you changed your mind or would you call Ford again and tell them you did what they told you and dealer refuses to sell? This may get the dealer penalized at least for violating the 70% name match policy. You'd probably not want to go back to that dealer after causing them problems.
Did you get your deposit back? if not then I would assume you still have an order in place

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you get your deposit back? if not then I would assume you still have an order in place
I did, but as we've seen, there are many reasons you can get the deposit back and still have an order in place (changing dealers) one example.

DoUSquatch

Base
First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Try to negotiate with the dealer. Sounds like the order is technically still yours, based on Ford's correspondence email and customer service team.

Last edited:

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You gave up your place and deposit imo. Transferring dealers means a new deposit.

Assume you lose this argument if they have proof of both you cancelling order and getting deposit back. Sucks.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Were you refunded your $100 reservation fee when you 1st told the dealership you wanted out? if not, then it's still your reservation/order.

If you didn't get your deposit back then I'd fight it out of principle, whether you want the Bronco or not, just to make a point.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This hypothetical person chose to announce the intent to walk away and get their deposit back instead of letting it ride and seeing what happens. They then took what, they claim, the dealer told them over a year ago and, presumably, never contacted them again, and waited until it was finished in production for a different series and then are crying foul?

Even if it was reasonable to assume the offer was good until it was produced, and it is not. (By your own words, any time during the ordering/building process. Hint; when you get the picture at the end of the assembly line, that process has finished, offer ended even if it was open before that point)

Then they call Ford to complain BEFORE calling the dealer (which screams that this person fully and reasonably expected the dealer to not cave in).

Yeah, I am going to go ahead and assume this is a troll because nobody in the World can have that much entitlement.

Lesson learned, move on. This hypothetical person to whom you refer is 100% in the wrong here.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO, you got your deposit back and told the Dealer you were no longer interested. It is now theirs. IF they even decided you could have it....you would be at their mercy on pricing as you gave up what ever prior agreement you had with them. If they let you have it with a new negotiation....then I would consider them very ethical.

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This hypothetical person chose to announce the intent to walk away and get their deposit back instead of letting it ride and seeing what happens. They then took what, they claim, the dealer told them over a year ago and, presumably, never contacted them again, and waited until it was finished in production for a different series and then are crying foul?

Even if it was reasonable to assume the offer was good until it was produced, and it is not. (By your own words, any time during the ordering/building process. Hint; when you get the picture at the end of the assembly line, that process has finished, offer ended even if it was open before that point)

Then they call Ford to complain BEFORE calling the dealer (which screams that this person fully and reasonably expected the dealer to not cave in).

Yeah, I am going to go ahead and assume this is a troll because nobody in the World can have that much entitlement.

Lesson learned, move on. This hypothetical person to whom you refer is 100% in the wrong here.
The quote I posted was from the email the dealer sent. I called Ford before calling the dealer to see if they thought I had a case at all and they said that since the dealer didn't cancel, the order is still mine. I also realize a dealer isn't obligated to sell anyone anything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just wondering if the customer (who the dealer reconfigured the order for) is a member of this forum? That would be awkward.
The salesman told me who he is. He is well known in this area and surely has a lot more pull than I do and likely brings the dealership a lot of business.

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMO, you got your deposit back and told the Dealer you were no longer interested. It is now theirs. IF they even decided you could have it....you would be at their mercy on pricing as you gave up what ever prior agreement you had with them. If they let you have it with a new negotiation....then I would consider them very ethical.
Getting the deposit back doesn't take you out of the game. How many here have changed dealers and had their deposit returned and not required to place a deposit at the new dealer? My dealer charges MSRP for every vehicle they sell and accept X plan for all but the usual Raptor, Bronc etc.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So basically a case of a scum bag dealer, using someone's else's reservation to fraudulently fast track a Bronco. But in doing so, they lie to their consumer that they can get the Bronco back?
Sponsored