Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP stated his BB is not 4A - which means it isn't SAS and doesn't have a rear locker. A BB cannot be optioned with a rear locker without SAS.

"Other components negligible"

- $1,500 in steel bumpers
- $1,000 in bash plates
- $600 in rock rails

Plus install if OP doesn't do it himself.

I guess negligible is relative. If OP wants to off road - choice is very clear, it should be BD.
Yes it can be, same as the OBX. It gets the same 4.27s gears. Unless that changed for MY23 or something (I admittedly stopped paying quite as much attention to build specifics after MY22).

And those prices are on the top end, you can get OEM takeoffs for far cheaper.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A BB can be optioned with a rear locker so that statement isn't true. Unless he said his specifically doesn't have it, but I didn't see that.

The other components are negligible & easily added.
Yep, I did not realize that the BB could be had with a stand alone rear-locker.

Still willing to bet that BB does not have a rear locker.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was in a similar situation where I ordered a Black Diamond Non-sasquatch 4d. I ended up buying a Big Bend Sasquatch 4d, that was optioned the way I would have ordered it except it lacked the tow package. By the time my BD arrived, I was not giving up Sasquatch, and i let the dealershiphave it. Carpet makes me sad, but I love everything else about my Bronco. In your specific shoes, I'd at least speak to the dealership to determine just how cooperative they might be.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling I’ll be lowballed since I have price protection.
I m sure you will be; why would anyone expect different from the same guys who dinged all the gotta have it now folks for ADM. I m like an elephant; I don’t forget and will return the favor when the dealers are hurting… it WILL happen as all things change.

If you re happy with what you have why not just keep it. A dealer is not gonna do a transaction with you or anyone else UNLESS there’s profit in it for them. ( meaning expense for you)

Just my thoughts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was in a similar situation where I ordered a Black Diamond Non-sasquatch 4d. I ended up buying a Big Bend Sasquatch 4d, that was optioned the way I would have ordered it except it lacked the tow package. By the time my BD arrived, I was not giving up Sasquatch, and i let the dealershiphave it. Carpet makes me sad, but I love everything else about my Bronco. In your specific shoes, I'd at least speak to the dealership to determine just how cooperative they might be.
I think I will. Can’t hurt.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I m sure you will be; why would anyone expect different from the same guys who dinged all the gotta have it now folks for ADM. I m like an elephant; I don’t forget and will return the favor when the dealers are hurting… it WILL happen as all things change.

If you re happy with what you have why not just keep it. A dealer is not gonna do a transaction with you or anyone else UNLESS there’s profit in it for them. ( meaning expense for you)

Just my thoughts.
I agree!

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There was a time (not long ago) that folks would advise to get the new truck and sell it on your own at a premium then use the extra proceeds to pay off the first one (or just line your pockets) - that keeps the extra profits away from the Dealer.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, the 2-door BD I had on order since 2020 is sitting at the dealership. Now I don’t even know if I’m going to pick it up. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Rewind, I was able to find a BB with everything I ordered except the Mid Package for MSRP awhile back when I wasn’t sure if the BD was going to get a build date. The BB has given me no problems and usually gets 24mpg. Not a bad problem to have I know, but I wasn’t expecting it.

Anyone else having this issue?
At first I thought you were having second thoughts getting a Bronco, but you already have one! My advice is if you like what you have stay with it, but it is your decision of course. I would think the cost to make the switch would play into it as well.

SgtMaj Bruce

Everglades
First Name
Bruce Keirnan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I'm having the same issue as well... I've been a fan of the Everglades but since they were almost impossible to order, I ended up picking up a 2 door Big Bend SAS with the 2.7, mid package, and modular bumper in December. Now with the Everglades making a comeback, I placed an order on one but I'm unsure if I should stick to mine or go with the Everglades once the time comes. I'm known to be the bad influence among my friends to i'm going to say go check it out before you regret it forever but be careful because the dealer might lowball you on the trade in value of your current Bronco.
Hey FYI I traded in my eruption green 2022 Everglades with 2400 miles on it. It’s on supreme Toyota Hammond La.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am a “bird in the had” kinda guy…after waiting a couple of years a BB showed up on the lot with my must haves (2dr, 2.7, Sasquatch) in a decent color, so I bought it…dealer just sold my ”backup BL order but my heritage order build date has been pushed (again) to the middle of next month and with the strike has little hope of ever being built this MY…plenty happy with what I got and the money I saved is going to more mods…you be you

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever buy one. I had a day two order, 99’d it to wait on a white top, then ran into the allocation bs through Granger. Through my arms up and canceled my order to wait longer. Now I still can’t order what I want, a two door heritage with Lux, which the Ford marketing morons won’t offer on the Heritage. No way to get a Heritage Ltd. I want to give Ford money and they can’t seem to sell me what I want. Just about to give up completely.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's where I am. I want a badlands with cloth seats and carpet interior but they don't give those options any longer (I don't like plastics, especially sitting on them) so I'm looking at a '24 Toyota Land cruiser, or perhaps going old school and building up an FJ80.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At first I thought you were having second thoughts getting a Bronco, but you already have one! My advice is if you like what you have stay with it, but it is your decision of course. I would think the cost to make the switch would play into it as well.
Now I’m thinking if the cost isn’t much, I may pick it up….

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am a “bird in the had” kinda guy…after waiting a couple of years a BB showed up on the lot with my must haves (2dr, 2.7, Sasquatch) in a decent color, so I bought it…dealer just sold my ”backup BL order but my heritage order build date has been pushed (again) to the middle of next month and with the strike has little hope of ever being built this MY…plenty happy with what I got and the money I saved is going to more mods…you be you
I’m already pricing up the mods if I decide to keep the BB.
Sponsored