Sponsored

I have a 2022 Bronco MIC hard top, want to add an Ford soft top, can it be done?

nippyjones

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2022
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know MIC hard tops are hard to come by, but want to add a Ford soft top and use both. My local dealer parts department was no help, said they've never heard of anyone who actually got a hard top wanting to go soft and he wasn't sure it could be done. He tossed out $10 grand for a top and the necessary rack to make it work. But still wasn't sure it could be done. Seems ridiculous to me.

I'm considering the Trektop which I know can do it, but I like some of the functionality that the Ford top has. Anyone done this and/or know what it takes?
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He tossed out $10 grand for a top and the necessary rack to make it work. But still wasn't sure it could be done. Seems ridiculous to me.
What a moron. TFL did exactly this when they got tired of their hard top squeaking. Certainly was no where near 10g.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I know MIC hard tops are hard to come by, but want to add a Ford soft top and use both. My local dealer parts department was no help, said they've never heard of anyone who actually got a hard top wanting to go soft and he wasn't sure it could be done. He tossed out $10 grand for a top and the necessary rack to make it work. But still wasn't sure it could be done. Seems ridiculous to me.

I'm considering the Trektop which I know can do it, but I like some of the functionality that the Ford top has. Anyone done this and/or know what it takes?
there are probably plenty of people installing the bestop slant back top as a replacement for the factory soft top that are willing to sell you their factory soft top.

By the way. Your dealership is full of shit, of course it can be done.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just remember that there’s more than just getting the soft top and you’re golden. There’s a YouTube video I saw where someone found another owner and they did swap tops completely. There was a ton of stuff on the soft top model that had to come off to go with the top that they didn’t realize wasn’t on the hard top version.

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just get my Bestop soft top in last week. I will be replacing my soft top this week. Direct message me if you are interested in purchasing mine. Perfect condition. No issues.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remember that there’s more than just getting the soft top and you’re golden. There’s a YouTube video I saw where someone found another owner and they did swap tops completely. There was a ton of stuff on the soft top model that had to come off to go with the top that they didn’t realize wasn’t on the hard top version.
Other than the frame, windows and soft top, you would need the b-pillar latch points and the c-pillar trim. Can't think of anything else that is different.

If the top is available to be ordered at the parts counter @flip should be able to pull the numbers and prices.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than the frame, windows and soft top, you would need the b-pillar latch points and the c-pillar trim. Can't think of anything else that is different.

If the top is available to be ordered at the parts counter @flip should be able to pull the numbers and prices.
Another forum member is doing this and bought some parts from us. I'll see if I can find the order....
One thing I don't know is if prep package vehicles (post 9/1/2021) built with hard tops have the small soft top brackets on the top of the tubes or brackets behind the trim panels.

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Here's a thread with lots of details that should be helpful. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-hard-top-swap-tips-lessons-learned-updated.35246/

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another forum member is doing this and bought some parts from us. I'll see if I can find the order....
One thing I don't know is if prep package vehicles (post 9/1/2021) built with hard tops have the small soft top brackets on the top of the tubes or brackets behind the trim panels.
My prep package vehicle does have all the brackets since it was built with a softtop and no hardtop.

The free prep kit would have been for softtop only orders as any being built with a hardtop were being shipped only with hardtop and had never been first configured as dual top. The oem softtop was never to my knowledge constrained.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My prep package vehicle does have all the brackets since it was built with a softtop and no hardtop.

The free prep kit would have been for softtop only orders as any being built with a hardtop were being shipped only with hardtop and had never been first configured as dual top. The oem softtop was never to my knowledge constrained.
Right, but were the soft top top brackets and lower mounts included on the hard top after 9/1/2021? I don't know for sure. To me, it would make sense to have all the parts there to go from hard to soft and vice versa. Wait, that sounded bad. You know what I mean. Just build the damn thing with the couple extra parts and voila, you can sell OE soft top to a MIC or MOD customer and hard top to a soft top customer down the road. Just another way to make $$ for Ford on the accessory or post sale side. No brainer to me even if it adds another $100 to the initial build cost.
Sponsored