Sponsored

I know Ford had to cut corners to keep costs down…

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Any treatment for the plastic ..?
Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

Yes, catalog the part numbers, replace as necessary 🤣

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife's rings and purse are messing the door panels and the side of the console up. I wish I would have have done PPF on the inside. I can't imagine what it's going to look like in 2 years.
Due to this reason, this family has never had a car with a glove box that wasn't scratched to hell.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

…but even if you just stare at the plastic interior the wrong way it will form and show scratches along with scuff marks. That’s how bad and cheap it is.
115lb Doberman and a 200lb Great Dane. Doesn’t matter how great or cheap the plastic is they use, mine will have scratches.

scares build character!

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is my biggest worry about my incoming Bronco. I’ve been spoiled by VW interiors, whose quality belies the price point. Not looking forward to a cheap interior in a $50k vehicle.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truth.
I seriously don’t mind that there’s so much plastic, and probably prefer it for such a utilitarian vehicle like this but the plastic for some reason scratches so easily. For the first few weeks i thought i just had to apply lotion on because i thought it was just my skin that was leaving these white marks but now I’m getting used to it.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am not worried about this. I expect this to be fixed in 26 when my Bronco arrives.
Pays to wait. :p

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was probably the sand that scratched the plastic not the cloth sand is abrasive
It wasn't. There were a few grains of sand. They were on the floor of the cargo area perpendicular to the side plastic trim. I wasn't "rat-tailing" the plastic trim. But I was "windmilling" or whipping out the sand. The towel made contact with the side and marred the plastic. It's not a huge deal. There will be more scratches and marred plastic. But a towel shouldn't mar plastic.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It wasn't. There were a few grains of sand. They were on the floor of the cargo area perpendicular to the side plastic trim. I wasn't "rat-tailing" the plastic trim. But I was "windmilling" or whipping out the sand. The towel made contact with the side and marred the plastic. It's not a huge deal. There will be more scratches and marred plastic. But a towel shouldn't mar plastic.
6F4030FC-7286-4906-8640-BD3D26DF8B2C.gif

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went off-road for the first time and all of my flares are now stained a light grey. My detail folks tried a bunch of different stuff but it appears the plastic is permanently stained. Was it a reaction to the mud/dirt? Is it so porous the microscopic dirt particles embed in them? I can say from experience, this is some of the worst plastic I've seen Ford use on any of their modern vehicles. Not sure if it's an eco, weight, cost, engineering or supplier thing but this is one thing I'm really disappointed with.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went off-road for the first time and all of my flares are now stained a light grey. My detail folks tried a bunch of different stuff but it appears the plastic is permanently stained. Was it a reaction to the mud/dirt? Is it so porous the microscopic dirt particles embed in them? I can say from experience, this is some of the worst plastic I've seen Ford use on any of their modern vehicles. Not sure if it's an eco, weight, cost, engineering or supplier thing but this is one thing I'm really disappointed with.
Flip, have you tried the scrubbing bubbles product? There was a recommendation here on the forum for this product and it really has been one of the best products I've used on the flares.

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on my 30th Ford product, and came from a Ford Dealership in my youth.
I can say with experience that the plastic and trim quality in the Bronco is shit.
I have a '22 F-150 Tremor to compare it to.

This is like the Ford paint from the early 90's....
Sponsored