BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post 🙃 A8F6AA14-EBAC-40A3-B628-5F307E44D2F0

While going on 1 year and 7 months since my Bronco reservation, with no build date in sight, I’ve absolutely loved my Bronco alternative - 2022 Defender 110 with the turbo 4 cylinder.

Price on this rig was just a hair more expensive than my Bronco build. Since I picked up end of October 2021, I’ve put on 11k miles driving up and back to Toronto, New Mexico, and multiple times to Big Bend to hit the more challenging off-road trails. These things feels so solid compared to Jeeps and new full size Broncos I’ve driven. And I haven’t had a single problem or a single light come on. Despite TFL’s problems with a 2020 4 cylinder, mine feels very capable with power and torque and with zero problems (perhaps a reason not to get a first MY).

And no I don’t work for Land Rover, just have been so pleased with this phenomenal rig ☺.
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Should post this on land rover board. But glad you like your vehicle. Loving my FE Bronco and I'm having no issues either and wont have the high maintenance costs or replacement parts costs of a rover.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That'll look sick at the mall. Congrats!

In all seriousness, I do like the look and options on these, however I'm glad I stuck with the Bronco :) Enjoy!

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This would have been my choice if It could be had for $40k...

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People get so offended when they see non-Bronco posts in the BRONCO VERSUS THE COMPETITION FORUM. I don't get it.

Awesome ride. They look great in person. I would probably have a Defender 90 if they were widely available and the markups weren't so crazy right now. Oh and if my Bronco wasn't built and sitting on Ice Mountain.

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey at least they deliver. Buddy was tired of the waiting as well and ordered one of these and got it in 3 months....congrats.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post 🙃 A8F6AA14-EBAC-40A3-B628-5F307E44D2F0

While going on 1 year and 7 months since my Bronco reservation, with no build date in sight, I’ve absolutely loved my Bronco alternative - 2022 Defender 110 with the turbo 4 cylinder.

Price on this rig was just a hair more expensive than my Bronco build. Since I picked up end of October 2021, I’ve put on 11k miles driving up and back to Toronto, New Mexico, and multiple times to Big Bend to hit the more challenging off-road trails. These things feels so solid compared to Jeeps and new full size Broncos I’ve driven. And I haven’t had a single problem or a single light come on. Despite TFL’s problems with a 2020 4 cylinder, mine feels very capable with power and torque and with zero problems (perhaps a reason not to get a first MY).

And no I don’t work for Land Rover, just have been so pleased with this phenomenal rig ☺.
I’m giving @Ford Motor Company a little longer to see whether I will get it (it’ll be 2 years since res) and then this is my plan B

Sponsored

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure plenty will feel the need to talk trash, but you have bought a great vehicle! Sure, you aren't going to do massive rock crawling in a Defender but I highly doubt most keyboard heroes here are either.

I've owned 3 Land Rovers and really enjoyed them. My first was old 1997 Discovery that I bought in 2012 and I was hooked immediately. I got my Bronco last week and it is awesome, but a completely different animal than my Range Rover Sport. I'd say the Defender falls somewhere in between those two vehicles and that's a heck of a balance. Enjoy!

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Couple of things .... First it's a 4DR deduct pts. Second yes, solid right up until the point where its not! I looked at the Defender as well (really nice) but decided I wanted a fun vehicle that I could hold on to for a long time. An iconic Bronco that the kids will want to keep and drive. And finally, my fun vehicle had to have a top that comes off and has a manual transmission.

Jus to be fair, I used to live in Toronto kids born there. One of our favorite places to live! Add Points!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.