First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats on your new ride. I was so excited about the new Defender a few years back and was going to buy one. The interior turned me off and the pricing to get what I wanted was too much money IMO. Then the Bronco was teased and came to closure I will wait for the real deal and damn I cant say it enough “The Baddest Ass Vehicle Ever”😎
Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post 🙃 482CCC1A-366E-4D63-9E99-E75203D12BC0
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Im paying only $36K for a Base, and I wouldn't trade it for that Rover. I'm sure it's a good car, so are all the other unibody SUVs out there. I'm thinking this guy got impatient and bailed, and comes here with a post like this is justify his decision. You pay a primium just because it's frane. Say vehicles. European.
Unibody... body on frame. Those are exactly the same lol. Built for different purposes. I'd hope unibody would ride smoother and yah I really see it doing great as you're bragging about on truly challenging trails. That's why you didn't see Broncos, they weren't on the beginner trails.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like I said earlier, you can get a six cylinder four door with plenty of options (air ride, off road packs, and tech goodies) for well under $90k, or even $80k. I did.
Seriously that is still twice the price of a Black Diamond, and it's a car!

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

D90 Turbo 4 starts at $53K. Turbo 6 starts at $63K. A zero option version of either of these comes out at about a Wildtrak High or Lux level of trim and features.

Most of the features that can really load up the price is stuff that isn't even available in the Bronco lineup like high end leathers (regular leather is standard), air suspension, fancy cosmetic trims, 500+ HP Turbo V8 engines, etc.

Land Rover definitely has a history of getting it right in off road capability... I haven't read that much about how the new Defender stacks up, but comparing it to a Subaru or CRV is either uninformed or disingenuous.

I voted with my dollars for the new Bronco, but I think it's worth being accurate rather than dismissive about what the competition does and does not offer.
The Defender has solid ground clearance and approach and departure angles. However, it doesn’t have a manual, removable tops/doors, a front locker, and only comes with 32” max tires. Way better than a Subaru or a Honda, but not in the same league as a Jeep or a Bronco.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They're a cool vehicle and well equipped can be bad ass. But coming here with a lower end model and hyping it and running down ford and bronco is just ridiculous. There are land rover boards for that.
Double check the name of the sub-forum :unsure:

Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post 🙃 Screenshot_20220217-200926_Firefox

Sponsored

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
And if you're going to jump into a luxury vehicle most would typically get the goodies not go fleet or company car equipment. For a land rover those are starter models.
So it's ok to have a $50K Bronco that has cloth, manual seats and virtually no 'luxury' features because it's a, you know, Bronco, but not ok to have a Defender with entry level leather and without say walnut trim for $58K because its a, you know, Luxury vehicle?

I guess I don't give one crap about what labels others put on vehicles, luxury, utility, whatever.

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2). How cool is it to get a BRAND NEW MOTOR right away? Pretty cool if you ask me! Does Land Rover offer that option? Hmmmmmmmmmm???
No, Land Rover makes you wait a little while. With a 40k mile original warranty, my wife's Evoque needed a new engine at 43,000 miles. Fortunately, I had been cautious about the brand and had purchased a CPO dealer demo with a 100k warranty. Land Rover was very nice about it and gave me a Velar to drive for the 3+ weeks it took to put in the new engine. Love pretty much everything about the vehicle, except the first 50k miles were a nightmare of getting the gremlins out.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, Land Rover makes you wait a little while. With a 40k mile original warranty, my wife's Evoque needed a new engine at 43,000 miles. Fortunately, I had been cautious about the brand and had purchased a CPO dealer demo with a 100k warranty. Land Rover was very nice about it and gave me a Velar to drive for the 3+ weeks it took to put in the new engine. Love pretty much everything about the vehicle, except the first 50k miles were a nightmare of getting the gremlins out.
I watched Cars 2 tonight with the kids because someone else mentioned that a key part of the plot was about Land Rovers not being reliable. Turned out to be true, plus it had a great quote about English engines “If there’s not oil below it then there’s not oil in it.”

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So it's ok to have a $50K Bronco that has cloth, manual seats and virtually no 'luxury' features because it's a, you know, Bronco, but not ok to have a Defender with entry level leather and without say walnut trim for $58K because its a, you know, Luxury vehicle?

I guess I don't give one crap about what labels others put on vehicles, luxury, utility, whatever.
Completely different purpose built vehicles

Sponsored

Dare8888

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bluesmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never described the taillights of a vehicle as four eyes, but.

A082AD64-720C-4C1C-9672-9943E781EC76.jpeg

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The world would be a better place if people understood just how correct this post is, other than the fact it's all humanity, not just this group. It's a freaking vehicle. It's like arguing which shade of dark blue is best.
Probably would've gone differently if he'd just said hey this is what I did. Sad to have to bail on the bronco. But he didn't he instead came to gloat. :-(

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Defender has solid ground clearance and approach and departure angles. However, it doesn’t have a manual, removable tops/doors, a front locker, and only comes with 32” max tires. Way better than Subaru or a Honda, but not in the same league as a Jeep or a Bronco.
Land Rover certainly isn't way better in the reliability department, Honda and Toyota own that title. Don't most defenders come with highway tires? I see it as a high end CR-V with lower reliability. Bronco is unique and designed for off road first and happens to do pretty well on the highway too. If l wanted a good SUV, so many options don't have to pay $80 or 60K. At least with Bronco you can get in at $36K and in 2-door that gets you Sasquatch!! Bronco is a good value in lower trims, Land Rover is not. Remember in the UK L.R. is much more competitive because they tax the snot out of imports.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.