First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My lease runs out in November too. I have also been eyeing the Gladiator as it would be great to have a truck that you could take the top off. However, I’ll wait to see if I get a build date on my Bronco before doing anything. My worse case scenario is that I buy my lease, a Tacoma off road.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JoshikaPoodle

JoshikaPoodle

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi folks! I was torn between Jeep and Bronco, like many others...and to add to my decision I found out that the current build time for a Rubicon, the exact way a customer wants it ordered versus one on the lot, is only 6-8 weeks. The bonus for ordering it versus getting one off the lot is that if you join Tread Lightly for 100 dollars, all dealers then charge you 1% below invoice. In addition, many dealers will up the ante and do up to 7% below invoice. Here in CA I found a dealer that does 4% below invoice...so a loaded Rubicon 2 door that is 55 MSRP is really about 49. That is a pretty decent savings compared to the MSRP/no wiggle room on a Bronco. Even so, I plan to wait for a Bronco (but I just found/bought a 2006 LJ Rubicon with low low miles to drive until the Bronco arrives). If you are considering a new Jeep, definitely go with the Tread Lightly thing and order what you want versus buying anything off the lot...and your wait will still be shorter than with a Bronco...
When I ordered my Gladiator my salesman said they're supposed to say 4-8 weeks but right now (at least in Michigan) they're being built in about 3 weeks. I've also heard that some CA dealerships have pretty good deals right now. I think I'd buy a Prius if I got 7% below invoice..:LOL:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was only one or two percentage under invoice, 6.5% under MSRP if I did the math right. It was a great to get a vehicle spec'd exactly the way I wanted it, for considerably less than MSRP.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congratulations Josh. Enjoy that Jeep.

It seems that the free for all we have with the Bronco has actually helped Jeep. I've enjoyed my Wrangler JL for the last two years, and it has helped me to not get all twisted up concerning this Bronco debacle. At this point I think it's going to be hard for me to give up my Jeep. But, it looks like it's going to be over a year before I see my Bronco, and my feelings could change with it arrives at the dealer. :)

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting close to rethinking Jeep myself.
I don't love the steering feel, but I can throw money at that to sort it out.
Pic is from the Jeep forum.
Ford Bronco I ordered a Jeep today.. 71AEB916-C373-4C7D-8721-C51D9A472E87
I've been looking at pics of 4-doors with 2" lift and 37" tires. Looks pretty nice. I'm wondering what this is above?

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've been looking at pics of 4-doors with 2" lift and 37" tires. Looks pretty nice. I'm wondering what this is above?
Stock 392 suspension with 37's.
Stock wheels with 1.75 wheel spacers.

Last edited:

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can totally understand where the OP is coming from. A couple days ago I did something I was trying to avoid in fear of what I may find........ I went to a Jeep dealer.

My goal was to test drive the three engine options, and man was I glad I did.

I drove a Rubicon diesel, a Sahara 2.0T, and a gladiator 3.6.

I may have made a mistake by test driving the diesel first but it was really what I was after. The diesel Rubicon was incredible. Everyone's talk about the jeeps stearing is just blabber. I had a 93 XJ that I loved driving...yes, the stearing wheel is like never straight, but that has no bearing on being able to control a car, in other words as a person who has owned and driven many vehicles, driving a Wrangler was literally no extra effort....

But to my point the diesel had all the power where you actually could use it. As I was turning to get onto the freeway I got into the throttle about halfway and as it was pulling up the on ramp I noticed the traction control lights flashing at me... I had no idea but I guess I had broken the rear tires loose and couldn't even tell with all that torque.

Next I opt in the Sahara with 2.0t, and I got to admit, about two blocks past the dealer and I was ready to turn around. Going down the side streets, hitting stop signs, working my way towards the freeway, you push the gas pedal and literally nothing was happening. But I decided to continue on and once I hit the on-ramp I finally found it. With that little engine you got to get over like half throttle and over 3000 RPMs, and then it will put you back in your seat. I'm sorry but that's false advertisement to me. There is virtually no usable power unless you want to give it 50% or more throttle at high rpms.. the 2.0 was out.

And then came the infamous 3.6. he only had it in a gladiator which I did not like (ass heavy).. But it wasn't about the handling at this point it was about the engine. The 3.6 was interesting because the entire driving experience was uneventful. From a stops sign you start pushing the throttle and the truck moves. You need to go faster you give it more throttle and the truck goes faster. You get on the on-ramp and you floor it and the truck pulls steadily. At no point do you feel anything kick in, But just a smooth acceleration through the entire range.

So as a backup the 3.6 would be my second engine choice however the real world MPG is like 17 where the Diesel is mid 20's and actually fun to drive.

As much as I want the Bronco, my WT is nowhere to be found and no indication of even when I might be able to expect it. It does frustrate me that the Rubicon fitted with how I would want it is more than my WT, AND I would still be left with 33s instead of 35s.

But I got to be honest, right now if I could find a good deal on a Rubicon diesel, I think I would probably buy it. And when Ford finally gets its head out of his ass and I get notified as to when my WT might get built, I could decide then to either keep the Rubicon or sell it when the Bronco comes.

Of course this whole plan would depend on how much of a hit I would have to take. I want my Bronco, but if I'm going to lose $10,000 in depreciation then it's a no-go.
Jeeps traditionally hold their value incredibly well. Even more so with a newer Rubicon Diesel. With the way the used market is I bet you’ll get near top dollar if you decided to trade it. My thoughts are the same as yours, and I actually have a diesel Rubicon on order. Had a VIN # in 3 days but nothing since then. Hoping for a July/August delivery (or sooner). And yes, I’m still planning on getting the Bronco:cool:

Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@frogbronco 2-door, soft-top, manual with tow package/heavy duty electrical, proximity keyless entry, and Alpine stereo upgrade. That's my build. Comes to $43.5k, less $2k+ is $41,050 total. Took about 15 minutes of emailing the dealer, signed my build. 12 or 13 days later the dealer called to say it was scheduled for build. Another 6 - 10 weeks and it should be here, exactly the way I ordered it.

ETA: by the way, those are the options I spec'd on my Badlands, except they don't have a soft top available...or a hard top. I didn't want to spend the money on the B&O on the Bronco, but it was one of the few options I really wanted. I was able to get the upgraded stereo a la carte on the Rubicon.
I dropped the hardtop and towing this week hoping to get my Badlands built sooner. I am considering a Rubicon 4xe, so I am glad to hear you like it. I will probably sell one or the other when the Bronco gets built.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That’s not stock suspension
Owner says it most certainly is and he seems like a credible guy that has owned many Jeeps and fast stuff.
Do this if you are convinced you know what you are talking about... find out for yourself and look him up on the JL forum and get back to us here with your findings. His screen name is SSWIM.
Will be waiting.

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It is stock; however, it's also the 392 which has a starting price of $74,000.
Yes and I stated in my post it was a 392..75K you bet. No one said otherwise.
And yes, I agree it's stock suspension.
Sponsored