First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Owner says it most certainly is and he seems like a credible guy that has owned many Jeeps and fast stuff.
Do this if you are convinced you know what you are talking about... find out for yourself and look him up on the JL forum and get back to us here with your findings. His screen name is SSWIM.
Will be waiting.
Lol. Iā€™m on the JL Forum...again, itā€™s not stock. Here ya go, and I quote, ā€œGot it raised up a little bit moreā€

Ford Bronco I ordered a Jeep today.. F847010B-235F-4521-AED7-DB3BD93DFCA5
ā€
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With my current lease coming up in November, Ford isnā€™t proving to me that my Bronco is going to be here by then. I ordered a Gladiator Mojave yesterday. Iā€™m disappointed that I wonā€™t have a Bronco in my near future; however, Iā€™m also excited to get off the road in my Jeep!
Sad you had to settle, but my Bronco journey started with a gladiator.... Nice truck.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol. Iā€™m on the JL Forum...again, itā€™s not stock. Here ya go, and I quote, ā€œGot it raised up a little bit moreā€

ā€
Then he must have done something after 5/24 when he advised it was stock suspension. I'll find out what was done so I can clarify my post here.

ToddPhil

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rented a Gladiator the other week, I hope it's not your daily driver. Absolutely miserable on the road IMO and comfort wasn't there. Haven't driven a Bronco yet but certainly the reviews say it'll be better.

Sponsored

drbandkgb

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
allterrainnation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco - 2024 Mustang GT performance
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes I kinda regret not getting a Mojave. But I'm pretty happy with my Willys. Especially since it's a pretty rare color. And has almost all of the options I wanted.

I picked up a Willys 3 weeks ago.. Its a fun truck for sure..

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then he must have done something after 5/24 when he advised it was stock suspension. I'll find out what was done so I can clarify my post here.
I already asked. Waiting on a response. 392s donā€™t have that much fender clearance with 37s, especially Toyoā€™s, stock. Just saying. I know my Jeepā€™s...and Broncoā€™s

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I already asked. Waiting on a response. 392s donā€™t have that much fender clearance with 37s, especially Toyoā€™s, stock. Just saying. I know my Jeepā€™s...and Broncoā€™s
392 might have higher stance out of the box?
I saw what you posted and presumed he was talking about air pressure being raised.
But on 5/24 it looked tall and he said it was stock.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
392 might have higher stance out of the box?
I saw what you posted and presumed he was talking about air pressure being raised.
But on 5/24 it looked tall and he said it was stock.
Itā€™s got about an inch over a standard Rubicon from what Iā€™ve read. It says 2ā€ lift but theyā€™re not measuring out at that. Jeep cheaped out with the lift on the 392 (shocker). Still has standard length Rubicon front lower control arms and tracbar. Need extended LCAs, tracbar and swaybar end links to get the geometry back in spec but thatā€™s an easy fix. Most people wouldnā€™t notice that either but Iā€™m OCD when it comes to suspension stuff and pinion angle/caster play a huge role in driveline vibes and steering feel on solid axle rigs so *if* I had a 392 Iā€™d buy those parts for sure.

Iā€™m personally going with a 3.5ā€ lift on my diesel Rubicon, 37s for the first set and then probably 39ā€ KM3s after that. Iā€™m planning on 37s for my eventual 2dr Bronco and a 2-3ā€ lift. Gonna do the least amount of lift possible to clear 37ā€ KM3s (they run small; usually measure 35.5-36ā€ mounted) and still have a good amount of front uptravel

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Itā€™s got about an inch over a standard Rubicon from what Iā€™ve read. It says 2ā€ lift but theyā€™re not measuring out at that. Jeep cheaped out with the lift on the 392 (shocker). Still has standard length Rubicon front lower control arms and tracbar. Need extended LCAs, tracbar and swaybar end links to get the geometry back in spec but thatā€™s an easy fix. Most people wouldnā€™t notice that either but Iā€™m OCD when it comes to suspension stuff and pinion angle/caster play a huge role in driveline vibes and steering feel on solid axle rigs so *if* I had a 392 Iā€™d buy those parts for sure.

Iā€™m personally going with a 3.5ā€ lift on my diesel Rubicon, 37s for the first set and then probably 39ā€ KM3s after that. Iā€™m planning on 37s for my eventual 2dr Bronco and a 2-3ā€ lift. Gonna do the least amount of lift possible to clear 37ā€ KM3s (they run small; usually measure 35.5-36ā€ mounted) and still have a good amount of front uptravel
I'm gong Yeti Steer Smarts system and MC 3.5 GC with Nitto 37 TGs for the Rubicon.

Edit and yes ,Jeep also cheaper out sending the 392 down the line with 285's. Insulting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2.5 spacer kit. But, I do stand corrected the pic I posted in the mountains was in fact with the 2.5 spacer kit, springs and shocks are still stock though. My bad.
This pic was stock suspension no spacers, if the timeline was correct.
Ford Bronco I ordered a Jeep today.. IMG_7233

Last edited:

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.5 spacer kit. But, I do stand corrected the pic I posted in the mountains was in fact with the 2.5 spacer kit, springs and shocks are still stock though. My bad.
This pic was stock suspension no spacers, if the timeline was correct.
Ford Bronco I ordered a Jeep today.. IMG_7233
All good, no worries! Itā€™s impressive regardless that the 392 can fit true 37s out of the box. I know the Warthog/Braptor can do the same which is sweet. Consumer wins either way! Next few years in this segment is going to get very interesting

goobstew

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't mean to be a dick, but this is 1 of a 100 reasons you should never lease.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not the op, but for myself, I have been spending time on the gladiator forum and here. It seemed like when the Bronco is brought up on the gladiator forum, the responses are more like, ā€˜yep, looks neatā€˜ and a more level discussion on the pros and cons. Here, when the gladiator gets brought up, there seems to be more knee-jerk hate. Doesnā€™t bother me, but it makes me wonder, and itā€™s definitely a bad look. The Jeep hate is weird. Criticisms are awesome, and bring value to the conversation, but the out right hatred seems a little nuts.
There are douches in all camps. I hate that thereā€™s such toxic fans that just canā€™t seem to love one without hating another. Iā€™ve been flicked off Iā€™m my Humvee by several Jeep owners. Then I also get the Jeep wave by others.

Without the Jeep there would be no Humvee. So Iā€™ve decided to wave at every doorless or top down Jeep that I see. Unless they wave first then I wave back. I choose to focus on what I can control and thatā€™s to be supportive of all off road open top vehicles. Iā€™ll plan on waving to Jeeps if I like their rig or if they wave first.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeeps traditionally hold their value incredibly well. Even more so with a newer Rubicon Diesel. With the way the used market is I bet youā€™ll get near top dollar if you decided to trade it. My thoughts are the same as yours, and I actually have a diesel Rubicon on order. Had a VIN # in 3 days but nothing since then. Hoping for a July/August delivery (or sooner). And yes, Iā€™m still planning on getting the Bronco:cool:
I struggle every day (as of late) with this idea. Today my MSRP Rubicon build is 57k. If I go to carvana and "sell" an equivalent, they are offering 45k. That's not counting the 8k kit in taxes/lic/doc fees.

Basically my brain is telling me that the evidence suggest a ~15k hit to drive a Rubicon for the next year while I wait....yet I am still contemplating it.

On the Wrangler forums, it was only a month or so ago people were saying they were able to get 4-8% UNDER INVOICE which would save 5-7k .... But that's still a $ hit in depreciation just so I can do some trails in the meantime.

I dunno... it makes no sense to do it, but Ford has me so pissed I'm not thinking straight.

I will say, as much as I want the diesel, the whole DPF thing has me concerned. Oh and make sure when you get yours, you check all the fuses and relays ASAP.
Sponsored