Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With my current lease coming up in November, Ford isn’t proving to me that my Bronco is going to be here by then. I ordered a Gladiator Mojave yesterday. I’m disappointed that I won’t have a Bronco in my near future; however, I’m also excited to get off the road in my Jeep!
I bet you got a killer deal on that rig!

Up here you can easily get thousands below invoice on Gladiators because they just rot on the lot. Who would have guessed a cross-bred vehicle that's moderately bad at everything wouldn't be excellent at much?

Driving past the local Jeep dealer every day they got a half dozen Gladiators in about 3 months ago. There are currently a half dozen Gladiators on the lot waiting for somebody who doesn't need a truck to buy them.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi folks! I was torn between Jeep and Bronco, like many others...and to add to my decision I found out that the current build time for a Rubicon, the exact way a customer wants it ordered versus one on the lot, is only 6-8 weeks. The bonus for ordering it versus getting one off the lot is that if you join Tread Lightly for 100 dollars, all dealers then charge you 1% below invoice. In addition, many dealers will up the ante and do up to 7% below invoice. Here in CA I found a dealer that does 4% below invoice...so a loaded Rubicon 2 door that is 55 MSRP is really about 49. That is a pretty decent savings compared to the MSRP/no wiggle room on a Bronco. Even so, I plan to wait for a Bronco (but I just found/bought a 2006 LJ Rubicon with low low miles to drive until the Bronco arrives). If you are considering a new Jeep, definitely go with the Tread Lightly thing and order what you want versus buying anything off the lot...and your wait will still be shorter than with a Bronco...
Shop out-of-state dealerships. Jeeps up here are easily going thousands under invoice to move the metal.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see so many people talking about getting Wranglers for "thousands" under MSRP and am scratching my head. I guess it depends on location, because here in CA you are lucky to get a couple complimentary hotel nights in Vegas let alone any significant discount.
You definitely need to shop around. I'm in Illinois and ordered through a dealer in TN that I got from a preferred dealer list on JLwranglerforums. Worth the drive to save a few extra thousand.

OP
OP
JoshikaPoodle

JoshikaPoodle

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bet you got a killer deal on that rig!

Up here you can easily get thousands below invoice on Gladiators because they just rot on the lot. Who would have guessed a cross-bred vehicle that's moderately bad at everything wouldn't be excellent at much?

Driving past the local Jeep dealer every day they got a half dozen Gladiators in about 3 months ago. There are currently a half dozen Gladiators on the lot waiting for somebody who doesn't need a truck to buy them.
Honestly, that's me who doesn't need a truck. I've obviously put a lot of thought into it and I need a truck about once a month for firewood and some other stupid things. I don't tow much other than a few motorcycles and other toys. I don't go rock crawling but being in Michigan the sand dunes are a couple of hours away.

Gladiators definitely aren't for everyone, but I'd say I'm one of the few that it works for. I need something that's moderately decent at a bunch of things but don't need something that excels in one category.

I also did get a pretty decent price on it, which helps. lol

Sponsored

Cody_OH

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With my current lease coming up in November, Ford isn’t proving to me that my Bronco is going to be here by then. I ordered a Gladiator Mojave yesterday. I’m disappointed that I won’t have a Bronco in my near future; however, I’m also excited to get off the road in my Jeep!
I was in your position as well. My suggestion is to see what your buy-out would be on your lease. Mine was very low compared to current market value for my vehicle. For example my buy out price was $16k and Carvana gave me quote for $21k and I called dealership asking for a trade-in quote and I got $18.5k. Although I have no control over what will happen in the market while I wait for my Bronco to be built I made the decision to buy-out my lease and hope the demand for used vehicles like mine will continue to be strong. Just wanted to throw this out there. Good luck!

OP
OP
JoshikaPoodle

JoshikaPoodle

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You going to upgrade the lift/tires/wheels? I love the modded look, but much like the wrangler and even a bit worse, it just looks sooo skinny stock.
The good thing is the Mojave comes with a pretty decent lift (about an inch taller than the Rubicon's) and 33's. You can comfortably put on 35's and 37's stock but you might rub a little with the 37's. I definitely will be going up to 35's but not right away. I'm going to let the gas prices subside a bit. lol

I also ordered this bed rack so I can still throw things up top and still have a soft top. I also think it helps fill out some empty space that makes it look funny.
Ford Bronco I ordered a Jeep today.. 1622746121640

gavalan

Base
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats! I actually gave up on my Bronco reservation in December when I saw it all going downhill, randomly test drove a Wrangler, and fell IN LOVE with it. Bought one the next week. Couldn't be happier with my decision - especially when poking over here to the forums to see what a mess this continues to be. You won't regret it. *Jeep wave*

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It amazes that my Tremor is the same price as the gladiator.
Any gladiator priced the same as a lariat tremor is a base with nothing. NOTHING!!! Just like you my good sir!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rob Trachtman <[email protected]> he will do 3% below invoice for Tread Lightly members.
Ironically I saw his name as well on the Jl wrangler forum and emailed him yesterday. Haven't heard back yet. Part of me is hoping he doesn't offer up a good deal cuz I'm already being pulled in that direction.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ironically I saw his name as well on the Jl wrangler forum and emailed him yesterday. Haven't heard back yet. Part of me is hoping he doesn't offer up a good deal cuz I'm already being pulled in that direction.
He will...he is probably really busy these days but he does get back pretty quickly. He emailed me last week and indicated that he can do 3% under invoice with the Tread Lightly. That is a hefty savings on whatever Jeep you build and far better than the Costco/AAA/AARP/True Car/etc. prices out there. The irony is that when my friend went directly to a Jeep dealer and tried to negotiate price on a unit they had in the lot, they claimed that in this market they don't have to...and they can add stupid "mandatory" things like paint protection/alarm/bla bla bla. She told them she would just build hers, wait 6 weeks, get exactly what she wants and nothing she doesn't, and pay about 6K less (8k with their BS add ons).

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncorik that happens every day because dealers sell cars. If more people ordered their cars, they'd pay less, get what they want and have a better experience. I've been ordering my cars for years and it's just a better way to do business; although, some dealers don't want to order you a car and will everything in their power to "find" you one.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was in your position as well. My suggestion is to see what your buy-out would be on your lease. Mine was very low compared to current market value for my vehicle. For example my buy out price was $16k and Carvana gave me quote for $21k and I called dealership asking for a trade-in quote and I got $18.5k. Although I have no control over what will happen in the market while I wait for my Bronco to be built I made the decision to buy-out my lease and hope the demand for used vehicles like mine will continue to be strong. Just wanted to throw this out there. Good luck!
Yup! Same boat here, except an $18K buyout (Mazda product) and the Ford dealership already offered me $23.5K on trade. The Ford dealership here is already running out of inventory, they need trade ins to keep sales people employed at this point.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Congrats, the gladiators are definitely growing on me. I though they were ugly as hell when I first saw them, but now when I see one with 37"s and a lift I think they look great.

They are really great hunting/overland/light towing rigs and hit for that sweet spot between a full size truck being too big/unnecessary and a Bronco/Wrangler being too small or not able to tow.

Price is what gets me.....but that's the same with the Bronco and Wrangler too. There is definitely a mark up on small SUVs and mid size trucks. As other have pointed out you can get a nicely equipped F250 tremor or Ram Power Wagon for what a gladiator/wrangler/bronco cost. I'll stick with my power wagon for sure, but definitely see the purpose of a gladiator and glad someone filled the niche even if they aren't for everyone.

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Which Forum, by the way...I joined wranglerforum.com last week after I bought my TJ.
Place seems absolutely dead compared to here.
Tumbleweeds flying by, lonesome buzzard call, dusty breeze from the west.
jlwranglerfourm
it's pretty busy there.
Sponsored