Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I wrote, I get that I'm in the minority. I live in the Northeast so I have the rust coming no matter what. I was really disappointed to look under my rig recently after six months of New England fall and winter driving. Every surface is already rusting.

But to answer your question, I like the sleeper aspect. Shitbox that can perform. If your next question is why don't I just mod up a real shitbox, well I have some of those. But I also like not having to wrench all week and/or the factory warranty.

Here's a rig that exemplifies the faux patina.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1951-chevrolet-3100-2/

And here is a bunch that really get me thinking.
https://www.motorious.com/articles/features-3/wildest-rust-wrapped-cars/

Would I pay a few grand to have my rig "rust wrapped"? Maybe, if I could make it look that Scout.

But I digress. The EG color is definitely entirely different than the rest of the choices. And I could see Ford pushing it a little to get some out there on the road.

Toyota and some others currently have a more army green and I think Ford was smart to give this high-profile rig a more unique color option.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I aggregated whatever data was available from Feb - Mar in the build week threads and noticed that of all the colors available, 1/3 of builders have chosen to go with Eruption Green. Amazing.

1646404260869.png
Gotta be honest, really happy to see that Hot Pepper is one of the more rare colors. Even more excited to get mine in... maybe 20 years?

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like I wrote, I get that I'm in the minority. I live in the Northeast so I have the rust coming no matter what. I was really disappointed to look under my rig recently after six months of New England fall and winter driving. Every surface is already rusting.

But to answer your question, I like the sleeper aspect. Shitbox that can perform. If your next question is why don't I just mod up a real shitbox, well I have some of those. But I also like not having to wrench all week and/or the factory warranty.

Here's a rig that exemplifies the faux patina.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1951-chevrolet-3100-2/

And here is a bunch that really get me thinking.
https://www.motorious.com/articles/features-3/wildest-rust-wrapped-cars/

Would I pay a few grand to have my rig "rust wrapped"? Maybe, if I could make it look that Scout.

But I digress. The EG color is definitely entirely different than the rest of the choices. And I could see Ford pushing it a little to get some out there on the road.

Toyota and some others currently have a more army green and I think Ford was smart to give this high-profile rig a more unique color option.
Oh I was only kidding lol. I thought you were talking about the color not the rust.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought very seriously of changing my color to Eruption Green. But the wife told me that I liked Area 51 the best. So, there ya go.............:)

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think green could confuse people into believing land Rover actually built a off-road worthy new defender replacement 🤣

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was never a green fan when it came to cars. I was shadow black all the way before the release of EG. But this green in the sun with the hint of yellow pop looks amazing to me.

Although this boxwood green render would have done the job for me too.

Boxwood Green maybe 20201219_012808.jpg

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, your graphs are interesting. Here's what things looked like for the last quarter of MY21 production, based on an unscientific sample of ~500 survey responses:

Ford Bronco I sampled over 300 Builds this year and determined that 2022 will be the year of Eruption Green 1646675886592

It looks like EG took a bit of demand from several pre-existing colors as well as the bulk of the canceled ones.

More info

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I've owned grey scale cars all my life. I chose HPR too for the Bronco because it's a Bronco and deserves to stand out.
The bronco will stand out no matter what color you choose.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ordered mine in silver as I believe it will hide all the sins I plan to commit against my rig better. Scratches, dirt, sun fade all look silver..

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
Somewhat ironically, I went back and forth between what turns out to be the most common color in your chart (Eruption Green) and the least common color (Race Red).

Absolutely thrilled I ultimately took Race Red for my early delivery 22 WT 2-door. The color is just stunning with the black WT trim and wheels, gets 'I love that color!' comments wherever it goes! And after seeing the green in person, it is just too much of an emerald green for my liking. If it was a slightly darker, non-metallic green, might have gone that way.

Ford Bronco I sampled over 300 Builds this year and determined that 2022 will be the year of Eruption Green bronco at c&c - 1 (1)

Last edited:

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I aggregated whatever data was available from Feb - Mar in the build week threads and noticed that of all the colors available, 1/3 of builders have chosen to go with Eruption Green. Amazing.

Ford Bronco I sampled over 300 Builds this year and determined that 2022 will be the year of Eruption Green bronco at c&c - 1 (1)
I’m glad I got the Green, everyone loves it, especially me!

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For an outdoors lifestyle brand the color pallet is pretty terrible as a whole.
100% correct. Give me the 60s-era Bronco palette please! This is why I switched from Cactus Gray to Oxford White, to be more compatible with vinyl accents to give it some actual style since Ford won't provide it. (And since half the Broncos I see on the road are Cactus Gray.)

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Somewhat ironically, I went back and forth between what turns out to be the most common color in your chart (Eruption Green) and the least common color (Race Red).

My favorite Bronco color for sure. Too bad my wife vetoed it in no uncertain terms. :(
Sponsored