JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
Completely understand man. if you have an order number or a vin for a Bronco can you please pm it to me. You definitely should look at Tesla too. In it for the long haul.

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but bitching and moaning are absolutely on the table.
Yeah, this place is full of it. Makes me wonder do I really want to get to know and go wheeling with a bunch of whiny new Bronco people. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyone arguing about ICE or EV is three steps behind the auto industry. Manufacturers are reconfiguring to become massive fleet sales companies with vehicles targeted to companies who will take over a very large percentage of daily commute, around town, errand and mall running, and even city-to-city and cross country driving. The vehicles you own will be your toys, your extravagances, tools for your hobbies and your work.

My daily driver since 2018 is a Waymo autonomous vehicle as a beta tester. My family of five beta tested, and now these vehicles are available to us as easily and cheaper than an Uber from our Waymo app.

I can take a Chrysler Pacifica hybrid or a Jaguar I-pace. Soon will be Land Rovers, and they have Lexus SUVs and Toyota Prius’. These vehicles will run all day and all night, returning to Service bays automatically for gas or charging or service or cleaning as needed, and be swapped out probably annually like iPhones with newer and better tech and efficiency. Parking lots will be less full of useless, stationary vehicles. Land will be reclaimed. Companies will ask for fleets based on whatever form of vehicle and energy is most efficient and useful to their customers. Three car garages will be converted to one or two cars for the family vehicle plus an exorcise room or storage.

The Bronco will be my “smiles per mile” vehicle.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, this place is full of it. Makes me wonder do I really want to get to know and go wheeling with a bunch of whiny new Bronco people. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I don’t. I’d honestly rather meet a ton of Jeep people and get hints/pointers from them.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The fact you think a manual transmission gets significantly better milage or better at all proves you don’t know what you are talking about
I would challenge your statement in a heartbeat. If you know what you are doing, you can easily whoop an automatic on fuel consumption.

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't take it personally, Ford has put us through the emotional ringer and this is kind of a hostile place lately.
Has nothing to do with Ford. People......our forum members end up being just total dicks Feels like Facebook here and I get so exhausted listening to all the opinions (little facts) and just get tired of people jumping on other people's shit.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
All are valid points and I also feel the same which is why I'm building a Big Bend instead of a Badlands (what I really want) for about $10k less with all the features I'll actually use and none I won't. Plus the people that get good mpgs are those with Bases, Big Bends, and Outer Banks mostly due to the tires. The 32" Bridgestones are way less aggressive and MUCH lighter than those on the Black Diamond, Badlands, Sasquatch. Makes a huge difference.

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everyone arguing about ICE or EV is three steps behind the auto industry. Manufacturers are reconfiguring to become massive fleet sales companies with vehicles targeted to companies who will take over a very large percentage of daily commute, around town, errand and mall running, and even city-to-city and cross country driving. The vehicles you own will be your toys, your extravagances, tools for your hobbies and your work.

My daily driver since 2018 is a Waymo autonomous vehicle as a beta tester. My family of five beta tested, and now these vehicles are available to us as easily and cheaper than an Uber from our Waymo app.

I can take a Chrysler Pacifica hybrid or a Jaguar I-pace. Soon will be Land Rovers, and they have Lexus SUVs and Toyota Prius’. These vehicles will run all day and all night, returning to Service bays automatically for gas or charging or service or cleaning as needed, and be swapped out probably annually like iPhones with newer and better tech and efficiency. Parking lots will be less full of useless, stationary vehicles. Land will be reclaimed. Companies will ask for fleets based on whatever form of vehicle and energy is most efficient and useful to their customers. Three car garages will be converted to one or two cars for the family vehicle plus an exorcise room or storage.

The Bronco will be my “smiles per mile” vehicle.
Wishful thinking at best, don’t get carried away 😂

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
My bronco is my "nice weather toy"....sitting in the garage until spring, when I can take the tops and doors off until fall....my 2022 hybrid maverick, which I have and is getting 40+ MPG is my daily...later this year, when my lightning arrives, that will be a DD as well....maverick will be the long ride runner....I always keep 3 vehicles, a "toy", a "DD" and a long road ride. Just how I roll...not everyone's cup of tea, but mine.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I daily my Bronco, gas is more expensive up here than it is in most of the USA (last I checked, anyway, from what I see using an online calculator, I'm paying $4.33 USD/gallon ), but as the saying goes, it's about smiles per gallon.
It's a lot more expensive than that here in LA.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.