Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yeah I hope so but don't UNDERSTIMATE the ABSOLUTE POWER of the oil cartel and the politicians (Ours and other countries). Oil sets global prices of everything. You cant just assume they will go away cuz of better tech.
Cant manufacture anything without oil. Oil is the building block for everything. Not the so called clean energy!!
Sponsored

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One might hope that if EVs become all the rage, there will be that much more gasoline for our ICEs! ;)

My last car was a 392 cu in HEMI V8. I don't really think about fuel economy much.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im the opposite. I'm in and loving it. Everyday and every time I drive mine I love it.

I hope the same for you.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without reading this entire thread, Ditching Bronco for EV because 20MPG is horrible for a $50K vehicle. All I can say is...I'll have to buy a WHOLE LOT-O-GAS before I've spent the $100K it's gonna cost your for an EV. But, you do you, MURICA Baby!!!

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would not base my decision on the future of fuels. It’s smoke and mirrors the world Governments live off taxation of motor fuels. It will be a minimum of 25-30 years if even then to be gasoline free. The mandates for stop selling new ICE vehicles is still another 10-15 years away. If your buying your last vehicle for ever than whatever but the reality is the future is not even owning your own vehicle. A driverless vehicle will show up and you use it than it goes away. I truly believe the Drones are the next faze in our lifetime.
When someone with the handle "Ice Age" speaks on this, you listen.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As long as the world needs jet fuel, there will be gasoline and diesel, so just relax. 96% of personal transportation runs on petrol and will for 4 decades.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't manage more than 20mpg with the 2.3L w/ manual (currently averaging 16mpg, lol)

:)
/\
|
THIS

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
If it gets phased out it’s going to appreciate and at least in the short term you could sell for more. So “dropping 50k” is not the right angle.
If you are worried about 5mpg I agree you are not in the right place. Bronco’s are cool … that’s enough to out weigh.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If its your only ride i get it. Gas mileage is bad. I'm buying one for the exact reason you are reconsidering, Old school rides like this won't be around forever.

Full disclosure, I commute in a hybrid that gets 55mpg. I would never daily a Bronco.
I too do not have far (3miles) to my office. 16 miles overall is acceptable for a brick shaped no sloping windshield SAS tire vehicle.

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this place is full of it. Makes me wonder do I really want to get to know and go wheeling with a bunch of whiny new Bronco people. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I don’t. I’d honestly rather meet a ton of Jeep people and get hints/pointers from them.

Well, I've decided to keep my main Jeep, did already sell two of the others. And I just bought this. Won't need the Bronco, I'll decide for sure when it gets here....maybe, maybe not.

Ford Bronco I think I'm out..... IMG_5162

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
why do people feel the need to show their cowardly true self behind the confines and anonymity of a keyboard...to attack someone on a forum..so childish...forums are open for all sorts of discussion no reason to be assholes about it.
Agree with you đź’Ż

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
At 15K miles annually the difference between 18 mpg and 26mpg at $4 gallon will save you approx. $1000 Annually.
I get 22 all the time with my 2dr Base manual and perfectly happy with that.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't manage more than 20mpg with the 2.3L w/ manual (currently averaging 16mpg, lol)

:)
/\
|
THIS
I've been averaging 13-14 MPG on my daily commute with my Non-sas BD with 2.3/manual. 80-85mph, Between 10 and 30° out, 2in lift with 285/75R17.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.