Sponsored

I was just offered 2023 Bronco Raptor allocation at MSRP…

kpecks

Wildtrak
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2023 Wildtrak 4dr Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Local dealership just offered me a legit allocation for a 23 Braptor build at msrp plus a few bucks for int/ext paint protection. Would I be foolish for not taking it???? They have to submit the order by July 5.
Sponsored

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You provide no context for the question. Only you know the answer to the following questions
  1. Do you need a vehicle
  2. Do you need a Raptor class vehicle, will you use it as intended
  3. Do you want a vehicle
  4. Can you afford the price
  5. Do you need the money for something else
  6. Is your income stream sufficiently secure
I don't finance anything other than my home, and I am pretty restrained with my wants. I can probably afford a Raptor but would never ever buy one because a) it is far more vehicle than I need b) I would rather spend the difference between the raptor and another Bronco on something else.

The very fact that you are asking here tells me that you are on the fence, in which case you should not buy it.

Gatorfan123

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, remember the significant base price increase of Bronco Raptor in the last several months.

Base Price was $76,580 (without destination) in March and now it is $86,080. The Raptor truck is $76,775.

So buying one at MSRP is still a good deal but definitely not a great deal.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it was me, I’d turn it down. I personally don’t care for the giant fender flares and auto transmission. Plus, I’d never use it as intended, hence that’s why I own a bone stock 2 door base. Also, I’m cheap!

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on further details.
What is the required deposit?
Would it be refunded if it rolls over to a 24’ or 25’ model which will likely have price increases?
Will they honor price protection if actually built as a 23’ and there are more price increases?
Can they put all these details in writing plus signed by them and not just simply say the order sheet is good enough?
If they reached out to you tell them you would order at invoice not msrp.

Don’t assume any of these things and that the dealer is out for your best interest.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only reason I'd buy a Raptor is for the higher tow rating. However, with the increase in price, I'd probably just buy a used pickup if I needed more towing instead ;)

Sponsored

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd say yes, if you can afford it. I've come to the conclusion over the years that it is always worth spending the additional money to get the Raptor, Porsche GT or M car, etc., if you can as it will hold value at a much higher rate. The caveat being any ADM you pay obviously offsets that and personally I refuse to pay it.

Value retention is a good enough reason alone, but in addition, you get a special vehicle that also performs better, generally speaking. For a car guy/gal it, doesn't get any better than that. I'd say go for it!

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Local dealership just offered me a legit allocation for a 23 Braptor build at msrp plus a few bucks for int/ext paint protection. Would I be foolish for not taking it???? They have to submit the order by July 5.
I'm not really sure but I have a question for you. Kodiak Aero just offered me the next Kodiak 900 off the line for the base price of 3.6 million, should I buy it? I'm sure you can answer that question about as well as I can answer you without knowing anything about your situation.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have asked them if I could get the same “ deal” on a Ranger Raptor. But that’s me.
Sponsored