Sponsored

I would rather have a nonremovable roof.

I would rather have a non removable roof.

• Total voters

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For myself I could got either way! I’d take a fixed hard top..if it still had the option to take the front panels out and the back windows had sliders.

I usually only take the doors off anyway. My hard top won’t come off most likely ever. I’ve got no place to store it at the moment.
Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it doesn't have a removable roof I might as well get an explorer or a, 🤢 escape

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then buy a Mini Cooper hardtop, basically the same thing.

Or Dodge should bring back the Raider.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If it doesn't have a removable roof I might as well get an explorer or a, 🤢 escape
Except you would be missing...

Removable doors
Ground clearence
Lockers
SBD
Approach and departure angle
Breakover angle
33", 35", 37" tires
Winch bumper
Rock rails
Bash plates
Coil overs
Goat modes
Roll bar
Trail cam

I'm sure I missed a few.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My suggestion would be to provide a metal , non-removable roof as an option in addition to whatever removable tops that Bronco offers.

The non-removable roof could provide those with no interest in the topless experience (a) an opportunity to avoid risks associated with potential leaks, seal or latch failures, and wind noise, (b) a painted top for body color or two tone designs, (c) no fear of fading and a repairable surface, (d) not being pestered by friends and relatives to take the top off and on etc.

Am wondering if an innovative approach could be to design a metal , single-piece , roof that is technically removable - just not easily. Might make for a an easy design process to clone the current MIC/Modular roof into a metal shell. This approach could also leave the door open for a metal roofed Bronco to be converted to the MIC/Mod top some years from now if desired by a future owner.

As a disclaimer, I am not currently a reservation holder - waiting and hoping for more information and good news on quality. As perhaps some credibility I have recently owned a Power Retractable HardTop convertible Mazda MX-5 for 12 years. Only very rarely put the top down. Just not my thing. But, the solid surface top provided a little more noise reduction, more security against thiefs cutting into the convertible top, and easy waxing of the surface with no need to periodically replace the cloth/vinyl top. I'd have gladly purchased that vehicle even if it did not come as a convertible.

Am praying that we all find a happy spot down this trail somewhere... .. .

rak2

Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Kinda like sunroofs... There are two kinds of removeable roofs... ones that leak and ones that are about to.

I would take a non removable top over a soft top or any of the other configurations...

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I swear this was asked in the past. I'm one of those that will never take the top off. I'd like to have access to the front freedom panels to be removed or replaced with a sunrider top section. But the back won't ever be removed. I was planning on the mod top and replacing the gunner's hatch with a JeeTop skylight panel. The rear removable windows of the mod top would be swapped for power sliders. I've since lost confidence in what Webasto can produce so I'll be watching closely for the mod top development for MY22. All said and done, I'm planning on close to $6500 in cost and modifications to a roof that will never come off.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny, I was just contemplating making my temporary lease gladiator manual permanent and getting a camper shell for it
Wouldnt it just be a four door Jeep at that point?

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wouldnt it just be a four door Jeep at that point?
I like the look of 2 door jeep, 2 door bronco, 4runner, and 4 door gladiator with or without square camper shell. Don't like the look of 4 door jeep or 4 door bronco that much.

The extra space and pickup bed feature in the gladiator would be reason to have it over a bronco. There'd be no reason to have a 4door jeep over 4door bronco unless someone like the jeep look more I guess.

If the 4runner had a manual, I'd have had it by now probably because of the reliability and the look. I hadn't considered the Tacoma before because of the look and also didn't know it still comes in a manual.

Last edited:

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Given the hard tip fiasco, would there be significant demand for a nonremovable roof?

And make the rear window roll up and down into the door. Then we’re talking about competing with all those Toyota 4Runner die hards too.

Just a thought.
It's called the Bronco Sport.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Except you would be missing...

Removable doors
Ground clearence
Lockers
SBD
Approach and departure angle
Breakover angle
33", 35", 37" tires
Winch bumper
Rock rails
Bash plates
Coil overs
Goat modes
Roll bar
Trail cam

I'm sure I missed a few.
Why removable doors??? :unsure:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would much rather have a fixed roof with panoramic sunroof paired with a retractable rear window. Similar to the other original renderings
Sponsored