Sponsored

I would rather have a nonremovable roof.

I would rather have a non removable roof.

• Total voters

TransporterG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great option we all desire--removable roof and doors. Will we use them all the time? Nah. Just dig it. In the AZ desert, so few of the rigs have roofs off, but YMMV in colder climes.
Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Donā€™t get it. If you never plan on taking the top, or doors off, why even bother with the Bronco?
Plenty of other SUVs out there to choose from. :rolleyes:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Donā€™t get it. If you never plan on taking the top, or doors off, why even bother with the Bronco?
I'm buying a Bronco because it has a manual transmission and I am tired of driving Mustangs.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wouldnā€™t shock me if they offer a fixed top bronco in the future.
It would not be that difficult for them. Same vehicle just make a permanent roof.

I wonā€™t buy it
but enough might for Ford to offer it.

as long as they still offer the removable roof option as well.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm buying a Bronco because it has a manual transmission and I am tired of driving Mustangs.
Ok, that is your choice.
I am keeping my Mustang for the 6-speed

Sponsored

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They did. Itā€™s called a Bronco Sport.
Not sure how to take that response. Are you insulting me and insinuating because I prefer a hard top that I'm somehow not good enough or my needs don't warrant the full on Bronco. Or are you trying to be funny or are you just ignorant of the difference between the two models?

Is it too difficult for some people to understand that not everyone has the same wants and needs as them? We all have different tastes. It's not like having two versions is impossible or financially not viable. There are many examples of this happening with even lower priced and smaller production numbers models. It was merely a comment on my preference, not a demand that Ford should do it.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you want an off-road capable truck/suv, there are lots of better riding, faster, and less expensive options.
Honest question. What hard top options are out there that fit that description that can handle 35" or even 33" tires without mods from the factory for less or even slight more than the Bronco? I'm hoping that Toyota gets a clue and ups their game with the 6th gen 4Runner or whatever the Trail Hunter is.

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I wanted a non removable roof, Iā€™d get another 4Runner.
A 4Runner is NOT a hard top Bronco:
- 40 more hp
- gobs more torque
- five more forward gears
- front locker
- 35s

thereā€™s more, but I think you get the point. Im willing to give up the permanent hard top and brilliant lift gate design for the laundry list of Offroad features that the bronco offers that are only available on the aftermarket, if at all, for the 4Runner.

I may end up enjoying the removable top and doors, but Iā€™m going to miss that liftgate

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hate to say it but In three years I've never had the top or doors off my Rubicon. Probably going to be the same with my Bronco. Personally I'm buying the Bronco for it's Off Road capability. Not sure if I would rather have a non removable top as it would surely hurt resale value, plus I might get a bug up my butt to take them off some day. Just my humble opinion šŸ˜Œ

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure how to take that response. Are you insulting me and insinuating because I prefer a hard top that I'm somehow not good enough or my needs don't warrant the full on Bronco. Or are you trying to be funny or are you just ignorant of the difference between the two models?

Is it too difficult for some people to understand that not everyone has the same wants and needs as them? We all have different tastes. It's not like having two versions is impossible or financially not viable. There are many examples of this happening with even lower priced and smaller production numbers models. It was merely a comment on my preference, not a demand that Ford should do it.
Was there anything else you got out of that 6 word response you needed to add?

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in the yes group if I'm completely honest with myself. I may take the top off a couple times for the novelty, but we never took the top off the JK when we had it and never felt like we were missing anything. Doesn't help that we live in an area without very much drop-top-friendly weather (sooooo much rain), and that I'm Polish enough to get a sunburn from a desk lamp.

If Toyota would wave their R&D wand and update the 4runner with a turbocharged six cyl and a transmission that isn't old enough to buy its own beer, and modernize the interior a bit, I'd probably be getting that instead. I'm watching the 6th gen 4runner rumors with great interest (and will probably hold off getting a Bronco until they come out), but I have little confidence that Toyota will mess with the formula too much considering how well the current dinosaurs continue to sell.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whatā€™s the point of the Bronco if itā€™s not to get you connected to the earth....beach,rocks, trails?
Sponsored