Sponsored

I would rather have a nonremovable roof.

I would rather have a non removable roof.

• Total voters

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think many are missing the point of a Bronco with a fixed roof, yes, it could be built like a 4Runner with a permanently attached roof, but other methods exist.

First off, why have a fixed roof:
  • Solid roof with thicker construction would allow for:
    • More soundproofing
    • Thermal insulation
  • Minimizes the chances of leaks
Take the 1990's Bronco's for example...

img_20200208_132225584_hdr-jpg.jpg
That's a nice looking Bronco....the problem with that whole concept was, that it was the worst of both worlds. When the top was off, it didn't feel like it in the front. The experience wasn't great. Then, the top was a huge PITA to get back on...so it became a defacto fixed roof, or one that never had a roof but didn't give a great open air experience. The thing is there are dozens of fixed roof SUVs out there...and only one open air until now.

That open air 4x4 sells like crazy for a premium....now we have another one.
Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I couldn’t have removable roof, I’d likely have a 4 Runner by now.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s cool, but then why wait 1.5 years for Bronco when you could get a 4Runner with off-road modes? I want the option to go topless/convertible as well as easily hose out/wipe down a vinyl/rubber interior. And sometimes take the doors off. A 4Runner Trail or more advanced off-road package will serve you will if you want a fixed top. Or wait for a Bronco hardtop and just don’t remove it.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s cool, but then why wait 1.5 years for Bronco when you could get a 4Runner with off-road modes? I want the option to go topless/convertible as well as easily hose out/wipe down a vinyl/rubber interior. And sometimes take the doors off. A 4Runner Trail or more advanced off-road package will serve you will if you want a fixed top. Or wait for a Bronco hardtop and just don’t remove it.
Because I DO want the removable roof.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. No one would buy it after the novelty....it takes away a KEY element that has to be there. It would end up like FJ Cruiser...selling 13k units in year 5 if there is no removable roof.
I bought a new 94 Defender 90 softtop back in the day. It was louder than a fleet of 747s and cold as balls in winter. Next year I sold it and bought the 95 Defender 90 hardtop and liked it SO much better. Quieter, warmer and it looked great with the white roof (non removable). U.S. Defenders were only sold in limited number in 94, 95 & 97, but Defenders were sold in quantity globally for years and are ubiquitous around the world. Many, if not most were hardtops.

A long winded way of saying that I think there would be a large number of people interested in a fixed hardtop Bronco, myself included. If it was faux-removeable and painted white (a la Defender, FJ) it would look cool. Given that Bronco will be a high volume vehicle, it only makes sense and I'd bet this will be an offering in the future.

Sponsored

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I couldn’t have removable roof, I’d likely have a 4 Runner by now.
I bought a new 94 Defender 90 softtop back in the day. It was louder than a fleet of 747s and cold as balls in winter. Next year I sold it and bought the 95 Defender 90 hardtop and liked it SO much better. Quieter, warmer and it looked great with the white roof (non removable). U.S. Defenders were only sold in limited number in 94, 95 & 97, but Defenders were sold in quantity globally for years and are ubiquitous around the world. Many, if not most were hardtops.

A long winded way of saying that I think there would be a large number of people interested in a fixed hardtop Bronco, myself included. If it was faux-removeable and painted white (a la Defender, FJ) it would look cool. Given that Bronco will be a high volume vehicle, it only makes sense and I'd bet this will be an offering in the future.
BOTH of those D90s are worth more today than when you bought them No matter the miles driven.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because I DO want the removable roof.
I was addressing the OP. A thread on a Bronco 6G forum expressing a preference for a fixed roof is like demanding steak at Chik Fil A.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given the hard tip fiasco, would there be significant demand for a nonremovable roof?

And make the rear window roll up and down into the door. Then we’re talking about competing with all those Toyota 4Runner die hards too.

Just a thought.
There was a guy at my work that used to have a FJ Cruiser and he asked me one time why I bought a Wrangler. He said there wasn't anything that my Jeep could do that his FJ couldn't. One day I rolled in with no top and no doors. I parked next to him and left a note on his windshield saying, "Can your FJ do this?" All in good fun, but it is one of my favorite features and really sets it apart from all other SUVs. The Bronco meets my needs and my wants better than the Jeep, and definitely better than anything else out there on (or off) the road.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's a nice looking Bronco....the problem with that whole concept was, that it was the worst of both worlds. When the top was off, it didn't feel like it in the front. The experience wasn't great. Then, the top was a huge PITA to get back on...so it became a defacto fixed roof, or one that never had a roof but didn't give a great open air experience. The thing is there are dozens of fixed roof SUVs out there...and only one open air until now.

That open air 4x4 sells like crazy for a premium....now we have another one.
I actually saw one of those with the top off on Monday, I think it was about the first time I had seen one driving around with the top off.

Removable top does nothing for me, I would just as soon have a steel roof.

Dozens of fixed roof SUV's but only one decently offroad capable late model one that sells for a crazy premium.

And yes I suggested a 4Runner but she wants a Bronco. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd prefer a non-removable roof. One less thing to go wrong. Maryland gets crazy rain, like two inches in 20 minutes, and the only water I want inside my vehicle is from a canteen or a bottle.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
BOTH of those D90s are worth more today than when you bought them No matter the miles driven.
Yeah, about double. My friend has two of them. They look cool and are fun off road, but miserable as daily drivers. Went 80 mph Max downhill on the highway. About 11 mpg. Loud. I enjoyed the Wranglers I had afterwards a lot more. More civilized, comfortable.

The Bronco should be the best of all worlds. Tank looking like the Defender, off road prowess like the Wrangler and more powerful, better handling and comfortable on the highway than either. Plus all the latest tech.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Non-removable roof? So...you're looking for something like this then?

land_rover_defender_new.jpeg
Is there a decent looking version? That one is awful...

I was in the initial bandwagon that these are ugly compared to OG defender. I saw this 2 door new defender same color in person couple weeks ago pass by me slowly in a traffic jam on main street going the opposite way and it looked pretty cool and fun. It had a storage box hanging over the "design square". Looks much better than in this picture

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think many are missing the point of a Bronco with a fixed roof, yes, it could be built like a 4Runner with a permanently attached roof, but other methods exist.

First off, why have a fixed roof:
  • Solid roof with thicker construction would allow for:
    • More soundproofing
    • Thermal insulation
  • Minimizes the chances of leaks
Take the 1990's Bronco's for example...

img_20200208_132225584_hdr-jpg.jpg

As the driver, I want the roof-off fun. I love my kids, but I paid for the vehicle, so I want to enjoy that open air...they can get the secondary benefit of it. LOL

All of this talk is moot, the roof will be removable. The removable roof and doors are THE key selling features of the Bronco. Without this feature, it is not a lifestyle vehicle, it is just another boring retread of a 4x4 truck that would be abandoned the same way the 5g Bronco was. A fixed roof is a non-starter.

The reality is that about 10% or less of the buyers will actually use this for off-roading, the rest want a fun, lifestyle vehicle that looks cool.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why would anyone be here without the removable roof? Unless you’re just a ford/bronco fanboy it’s insanely dumb. You can go buy a 4Runner right now that will without a doubt be more reliable and cheaper.

The only differentiator is the open air experience.
Phew...I thought I might be insanely dumb...then realized I am a Bronco Fanboy!
Sponsored

Last edited: