David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do... they are made in the same chinese factory
Oh, I understand they are made in China, and probably by the same manufacturer as you state, but the Mabbet is the easier install, and I for one do not like screwing with electrical as it is not my strong suit.
Sponsored

Sgtwrm

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had the IAG lights since April 23 with no problems and really like them. I did not have to install the TAP as IAG installed that for me at Bronco Super Celebration East so not sure how difficult that really is.

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the IAG and I am happy with them. They turn on when the doors open no matter what (even if you have the 'stock' door lights turned off). That's about my only issue with it - you have to wait for the timeout or turn on the car. I also have it wired to Aux switch.

It's very bright but not blinding (unless you turn on the aux switch out of nowhere - that can blind the unexpecting passengers).

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mabett, no issues. Hardest part of the Mabett install is getting those stupid metal tabs on the OEM light out of the plastic housing to install the plug for the lights.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, I understand they are made in China, and probably by the same manufacturer as you state, but the Mabbet is the easier install, and I for one do not like screwing with electrical as it is not my strong suit.
I have the IAG - very happy with the product.

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anyone tried the Houclemic? Seems to be the same as Mabett.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I happen to have both ;) I put the IAG on my christmas list, but forgot to cancel when I got the Mabett so guess what my wife got me?!?! The funny thing is that I got the Mabett when they first came out and tested them out, but didn't get around to installing until right before Christmas.

Mabett have been working perfectly as long as the brightness on the dash is all they way up. If I turn the brightness down at all, they get goofy. Either won't turn on, or won't turn off, etc.

IAG seem more robust and better quality wiring. I haven't installed yet because I don't want to tap a wire. I also don't see the need for the extra money for the hardtop brackets, I installed the Mabett without them and don't see what they even do.

I'm planning on keeping both and using the transistor method to tap into the light so that they will work exactly as the dome light. I'm thinking I'll try to find a place in the back to hook install the IAG and tap into the rear cargo light for power.

I have the transistor how to saved in my phone so I will link it in just a second ;)

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the IAG lights. I opted to not install the tap, and only have it wired to an AUX switch. I spent about 5 min working on the tap and decided I didn't want to risk damaging the vehicle harness. It was packed VERY tight in my vehicle, and decided I'd just try it on AUX for a while to see if I needed it tied to door open etc.

As others have said, the lights are very bright. I only need it when I have kids in the backseat trying to buckle at night which is not very often. So really I prefer it on AUX only and not tied to vehicle wiring. No complaints on the IAG, very well made product.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have both. I installed the IAG version with the tap and it worked fine. Once the Mabett version was released I took the time to uninstall the IAG lights and install the Mabett lights. I'm glad I took the time to do so as I feel the Mabett lights integrate better with the Bronco. At some point I will repurpose the IAG lights.

Sponsored

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have the rear dome Mabett light, no issues at all. Don’t want to have bright ass lights all around the inside.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco '24
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Everyone that has noted issues with the Mabett lights, when did you purchase/install them? I read in another forum that they updated them sometime late 2023, just curious if they really did fix all of the issues or if its more of the same?
Sponsored