StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any consensus on which interior light kit is superior (IAG vs Mabett)?

IAG - Connects via taps to wiring in the front of the vehicle
Mabett - Connects via adaptor to rear dome light

For the most part the installation is the same in terms of light mounting, but it looks like IAG is a little harder to install given the taps required for installation.

Mabett however seems to have some QC issues with the lights failing or coming on delayed or won't shut off. Anyone out there that has had either the IAG or Mabett lights installed for a while wanting to weigh in?
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not know anyone who has the IAG lights. As for the Mabbets, I have the "next version" of their lights and have not had any issues.

I do belive though that the Mabbets are the easier install, and so far, work as they should.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I personally wouldn’t want the lights to come on every time I opened the doors. They are very bright white. I only use them as needed with an AUX switch if I need to see something. The upgraded center dome light made a significant difference alone. So, IAG for me.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both from china

EinHoden

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Mabett lights. Install was simple and they worked great for about 2 months, now they don't shut off without shining a light on the dash sensor. Haven't really had time to research or troubleshoot, so I just unplugged them from the dome light for now. May end up putting them on a aux swicth or just trashing them.

Sponsored

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same issue with the Mabett lights. I bought mine when they first came out. Now they have an upgraded light but in my opinion Mabett needs to make it right for their customers. This wasn’t an inexpensive purchase. Mabett what do you say ????

Tat2Matt

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands Sasquach Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had the prototype IAG dome lights before production, then we installed the production version on Bill's (Eville Truck). Then we switched mine to the Mabett version.
I really wanted the option to be able to turn the domes on from the factory button so I personally prefer the Mabett because all of my upfitter switches are spoken for.
I was overall very happy with both because of the amount of light that was provided, but I have had a few issues with the Mabett staying on. When it happens, it seems they time out and then go back to functioning normally.
The Mabett is an easier install and I do like the look of the smoked lens, but when they shut off they do not fade down like the IAG.
I personally think they are both very good options especially for the lack of light from the factory. I still have the iag production lights still in the box sitting in my garage.
I will link the install videos for both.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did the IAG version and while the Tap was hard to install, I haven't had any issue at all since. They will always come on with the doors open (have not tried removing the doors), so it would have been nice to be able to switch that off. They both look to be sourced from similar suppliers, but IAG backs their stuff pretty well. It's really up to you - kind of a toss-up.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

+1 for the IAG domes, they are bright. The wiring was a bit tricky but I enjoy working on my truck so that just made the install more interesting. Mine come on with the doors and with a dedicated up fitter switch (6). No regrets at all!

EilersPark

Black Diamond
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the Mabett side and rear dome setup. Easy install, but do have the occasional issue where they don’t shut off for several minutes.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the Mabett side and rear dome setup. Easy install, but do have the occasional issue where they don’t shut off for several minutes.
That's not good. If the Mabett lights are getting power from the rear dome light tap, and it shuts off, I wonder why the Mabett lights also don't shut off at same time? How are they still getting power?

OP
OP
StrainedCMOS

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would seem if you want to control the lights with the dome switch, Mabett is the only option, but Mabett seems to have QC issues possibly on the initial batches of their lights.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do not know anyone who has the IAG lights. As for the Mabbets, I have the "next version" of their lights and have not had any issues.

I do belive though that the Mabbets are the easier install, and so far, work as they should.
I do... they are made in the same chinese factory

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another for Mabett. I would buy them again even with the light on issue. It happens occasionally and when it does, they go off after about a mile of driving. Not really sure why the side lights would stay on occasionally when rear dome has gone out.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any consensus on which interior light kit is superior (IAG vs Mabett)?

IAG - Connects via taps to wiring in the front of the vehicle
Mabett - Connects via adaptor to rear dome light

For the most part the installation is the same in terms of light mounting, but it looks like IAG is a little harder to install given the taps required for installation.

Mabett however seems to have some QC issues with the lights failing or coming on delayed or won't shut off. Anyone out there that has had either the IAG or Mabett lights installed for a while wanting to weigh in?
I have the mabett, and they do have a delay sometimes turning off but only once did they just not shut off but a stop/start cycle fixed it. I ordered the iag before and didn’t install once I saw how involved it was. Been meaning to list them here.
Sponsored