Sponsored

Icon Coilover folks...How much did you have to crank the coils to clear 37s?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just buttoning up the IVD Stage 7 kit. I'm a dumb-dumb who forgot to take measurements before hand, but to my eye it doesn't look much higher. Certainly not enough to get 37s under it. Feels like slightly more of a step in and out, but that's it. Front end is definitely sitting higher than the rear too. Was obviously only expecting a couple inches to begin with, but it doesn't really look Iike I gained am inch.

I know there's a few here running Icons and 37s, would love to hear from you. Just looking to see what others are running for pre-load.

Ford Bronco Icon Coilover folks...How much did you have to crank the coils to clear 37s? 20230414_203944

Ford Bronco Icon Coilover folks...How much did you have to crank the coils to clear 37s? 20230414_204003

Ford Bronco Icon Coilover folks...How much did you have to crank the coils to clear 37s? 20230414_204008
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curios, but what are your center axle to metal fenders measurements? It seems like there is a huge difference between 2 and 4 door, as well as the weight of the M210 vs M190. I'm currently at the lowest height setting of my Icons and I'm a little over 26 inches front and a little over 27 inches rear.

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just curios, but what are your center axle to metal fenders measurements? It seems like there is a huge difference between 2 and 4 door, as well as the weight of the M210 vs M190. I'm currently at the lowest height setting of my Icons and I'm a little over 26 inches front and a little over 27 inches rear.
If I'm understanding you correctly I'd have to pull the fenders off again to get that measurement and I'm out of energy for the night....That was a looong install done solo šŸ˜©

Found an old side shot... gained more than I thought I did but the rear desperately needs to come up. Got that Carolina squat goin on with the way icon set them up. šŸ¤¢
Ford Bronco Icon Coilover folks...How much did you have to crank the coils to clear 37s? IMG_20230414_224257

Last edited:

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you planning on mounting a bumper and/or winch? Those will take care of that front-end-high situation for ya with the Icons. They only offer a 500lb spring (not much different than the stock Bilstein and IMO not enough for a 4dr) and itā€™ll sag its way to level with the back. Itā€™s the primary reason I ordered Radflo coilovers that come w/ 650lb springs.. I wanna avoid Winch sag, body roll and front end dive. I bet theyā€™d sit higher without being uncomfortable on yours too without having to crank the adjusters all the way to max

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn't there an extra bumpstop for the Icons with 37s? You'll probably need to trim a bit. Where is it rubbing?

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just stumbled onto this thread while looking for similar install pics and/or setup for the Icons I just got done installing. More than anything to check myself on the install.
What did you end up going with on the rear?
Mine definitely stances low on the rear and needs to come up.
I was able to adjust 3 of them easily with a steel punch by hand, the 4th is being a bit...obstinate.
Going to put some WD on the threads and wait for my spanner to arrive, do it right.

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just stumbled onto this thread while looking for similar install pics and/or setup for the Icons I just got done installing. More than anything to check myself on the install.
What did you end up going with on the rear?
Mine definitely stances low on the rear and needs to come up.
I was able to adjust 3 of them easily with a steel punch by hand, the 4th is being a bit...obstinate.
Going to put some WD on the threads and wait for my spanner to arrive, do it right.
I cranked the rear up quite a bit and also ended up putting a heavy winch bumper on. It sits great unloaded now. Different story in the summer when the tent is on and the rear drops 2Ā¼ inches.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cranked the rear up quite a bit and also ended up putting a heavy winch bumper on. It sits great unloaded now. Different story in the summer when the tent is on and the rear drops 2Ā¼ inches.
Your rear resi looks below the frame rail!? I'm wrapping up my CDEV install today, my rear resi's are tucked up further that that, almost an inch higher than the bottom of the frame. Or is it just the angle of the picture that make it look lower?

Ford Bronco Icon Coilover folks...How much did you have to crank the coils to clear 37s? 1705080951466

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Your rear resi looks below the frame rail!? I'm wrapping up my CDEV install today, my rear resi's are tucked up further that that, almost an inch higher than the bottom of the frame. Or is it just the angle of the picture that make it look lower?

1705080951466.png
I have since moved them up higher where they should be. I had to do a little grinding on the body mount tab to clear the hose on one side because Icon has the hoses clocked wrong.

Word of advice if you went with tubular arms. (Probably disregard if you have billet since they use a different clamp) the hose clamps that hold them to the tubular arms will dig into the hose over time. I adjusted them several times and finally just got rid of them before I lose a hose.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool! With the RSE steps the resiā€™s are pretty safe on mine.

I have Metal Cloak bars, tubular. What are you using now to hold the hoses? I have zip ties as a temporary solution, since Iā€™m still in the install I havenā€™t had a chance to look for a solution.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Cool! With the RSE steps the resiā€™s are pretty safe on mine.

I have Metal Cloak bars, tubular. What are you using now to hold the hoses? I have zip ties as a temporary solution, since Iā€™m still in the install I havenā€™t had a chance to look for a solution.
I just recently put zip ties on them. If they break, I'll put significantly bigger zip ties on. Ha

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just recently put zip ties on them. If they break, I'll put significantly bigger zip ties on. Ha
Haha, that was my plan. I put on normal zip ties for now, was thinking I'd get wide ones and carry a bunch of spares.
Sponsored