Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks pretty good! Looks like you might have an older kit? Not sure, looks close to the tie rod, but that’s not really an issue. As long as your hoses are good. You can buy the plastic spiral wrap. I run it on both my Raptor and Bronco, saves the spring from rubbing.
Got it. I‘ll mention this to my installer…btw, how can you tell it may be the older kit?
Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got it. I‘ll mention this to my installer…btw, how can you tell it may be the older kit?
Take a pic looking down, or just look. If the shock is closer to the tie rod, old style. Closer to, basically right above the axle, new style mount. Going swimming, down to 104😂

OP
OP
TheGoodBadUgly

TheGoodBadUgly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes - +30 offset moves the wheel inward 30mm (1.18 in). That is why you are rubbing if they recommend 0 offfset.
Well, that‘s important to know…as math doesn’t lie…unfortunatly, seems that can’t be said about ICON! Their TECH INFO stated “YES” fitment works with stock Sas wheels & tires. Ugh!!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, that‘s important to know…as math doesn’t lie…unfortunatly, seems that can’t be said about ICON! Their TECH INFO stated “YES” fitment works with stock Sas wheels & tires. Ugh!!

Well, it does fit. You just can't turn. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheGoodBadUgly

TheGoodBadUgly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take a pic looking down, or just look. If the shock is closer to the tie rod, old style. Closer to, basically right above the axle, new style mount. Going swimming, down to 104😂
104...global w-w-w-whhhut? lol enjoy the swim, good sir.

looks like I have the updated version, all clear, actually closer to the axel than the tie-rod

Ford Bronco Icon 'Stage 8' Billet kit just installed...and, "oops!?!" 1688866771502

OP
OP
TheGoodBadUgly

TheGoodBadUgly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have Icon stage 8 tubular with Method 703’s and 0 offset running KM3 37x12.5 r17.

I know it’s not the exact same of course but this setup on the stage 8 has been amazing for what it’s worth and no rub.
very cool set up, I'll look into that, so thanks

...I'm also gonna take a look at the ICON wheels, which after this I don't really know why I should...but perhaps that's their secret mission to get you into their suspension kit first with a promise the fitment works with OEM, and then you find out 'there's the rub' (a little Shakespeare pun) so they can lure you into their 'wheeling shoes' too...? I'm looking at the Rebound Pro Titanium w/ Innerlock Technology (I'll have to check reviews first to see if their 'beadlock' trickery cause leaking issues).

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What a great video and time you had…I’m definitely gonna sign up for that when schedul permits.

Well, looks like mine clears the UCA but may rub on the springs 😳

Ford Bronco Icon 'Stage 8' Billet kit just installed...and, "oops!?!" 1688866771502
How do you the Icon coilovers?

Sponsored

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll let you know, when I get it straightened out...(read above :))
Sorry for the leaving “like” out, I’ve got proof read better. Thanks I’ve had electronic ride on a couple of cars and it was really nice and if it works as advertised it should be great on the Bronco as well

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you had much luck with ICON customer service? I had a issue with a set of there shocks last week. Their customer service was very disappointing. I hope you have better luck. You have a top of the line setup.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like others have said you need to run a 0 offset wheel. I am running a Method 705 0 offset snd 35 K02s with the stage 8 kit for a year and it has been fantastic. Note if you plan to run 37s at some point you will need to run a bumpstop and Icon can set you up.

Ford Bronco Icon 'Stage 8' Billet kit just installed...and, "oops!?!" 20705CF9-9E66-469D-8022-2D541EEE620E

OP
OP
TheGoodBadUgly

TheGoodBadUgly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you had much luck with ICON customer service? I had a issue with a set of there shocks last week. Their customer service was very disappointing. I hope you have better luck. You have a top of the line setup.
I'll let you know...and since this all occurred yesterday (just got the kit installed yesterday) ICON customer service has been MIA & non-responsive, 😤😡 [lol....just a little emoji weekend sarcasm]

OP
OP
TheGoodBadUgly

TheGoodBadUgly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like others have said you need to run a 0 offset wheel. I am running a Method 705 0 offset snd 35 K02s with the stage 8 kit for a year and it has been fantastic. Note if you plan to run 37s at some point you will need to run a bumpstop and Icon can set you up.

Ford Bronco Icon 'Stage 8' Billet kit just installed...and, "oops!?!" 20705CF9-9E66-469D-8022-2D541EEE620E
Thank you DangerMTBBronco! beautiful combo on your BL....yes, I'm looking at the Methods, their added bonus of the ribbed Beadlock & lighter weight is enticing; I'm also now looking at FIFTEEN52 options, some real beauties from them to chew over, and with correct fitment.
Sponsored