First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw TDI 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
2x3's or 2x4s, ply wood, and black paint. Ta da, fix everyones need for a flat floor. For people complaining about a midsize off road oriented SUVs storage capacity, I'm sure a company can toss a Toyota sienna on an extended K5 blazer frame for you.
Sponsored

Bronco-itis

Base
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw TDI 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
2x3's or 2x4s, ply wood, and black paint. Ta da, fix everyones need for a flat floor. For people complaining about a midsize off road oriented SUVs storage capacity, I'm sure a company can toss a Toyota sienna on an extended K5 blazer frame for you.
Also sorry for my ranting haha

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not at all concerned about the quantity or volume of the space in a mid-sized SUV. I am concerned about the quality (usability) of the space. I think with the price point of this vehicle, it could be engineered in a way that the space that is there is usable. I don’t understand why a FLAT(see my definition of flat in previous post) is not more desirable Than a poorly designed sloping multilevel space. For the owners that want/need the back seat, it should be easy for them to switch between cargo and passengers in a way that they can 100% utilize this space.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford spent a lot of time designing the Bronco. A flat floor is clearly preferable to everyone. Ford was not able to achieve a flat floor for a myriad of possible reasons:

1) Cost
2) Detriment to other capabilities (rear seat comfort, vehicle packaging, etc.).
3) styling
4) etc., etc., etc.

No one at Ford looked at the finished prototype and said “holy crap the load floor isn’t flat”.

Therefore, Ford made the conscious decision to accept the design trade-off (whatever it was) of a non flat floor.

As consumers our only agency is to add it to our personal list of the Bronco’s hits and misses when determing if we are going to purchase.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No one at Ford looked at the finished prototype and said “holy crap the load floor isn’t flat”.
Agreed....but Everyone not at Ford looked at the finished prototype and said “holy crap the load floor isn’t flat”.

Sponsored

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford spent a lot of time designing the Bronco. A flat floor is clearly preferable to everyone. Ford was not able to achieve a flat floor for a myriad of possible reasons:

1) Cost
2) Detriment to other capabilities (rear sear comfort, vehicle packaging, etc.).
3) styling
4) etc., etc., etc.

Therefore, Ford made the conscious decision to accept the design trade-off (whatever it was) of a non flat floor.

As consumers our only agency is to add it to our personal list of the Bronco’s hits and misses when determing if we are going to purchase.
Yup - agree w/ this mate.

I think the only bit that rubs me the wrong way are Ford’s informal responses to the “flat-seat” questions.
Like bruh, we're just asking if the load floor is flat; as defined by the Oxford Dictionary.

We're not asking if the earth is indeed, flat - because us being intellectuals; already know it is. /s

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the trade off they made having the ledge is to provide rear passengers more comfort. Dropping the seat cushion 4 inches means knees are up higher when in this seats. Then the tailgate platform is there if you truly need it (I know it looks like it’s 4-door only, but options will be available for the 2-door immediately). I would bet the number of people the ledge actually bothers us incredibly low compared to the ones that reduced seat comfort would affect.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup - agree w/ this mate.

I think the only bit that rubs me the wrong way are Ford’s informal responses to the “flat-seat” questions.
Like bruh, we're just asking if the load floor is flat; as defined by the Oxford Dictionary.

We're not asking if the earth is indeed, flat - because us being intellectuals; already know it is. /s
Invoking “The Flat Earth Theory”. I like this guy!

Seriously Ford give us some pictures of the rear seating area (leg room) and then properly fold the seats and give us those pics as well, it would lower the blood pressure for a lot of enthusiastic Bronco fans.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are 2x3s a real thing?

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm trading my KIA Soul in when I buy the Bronco. The 2DR. looks to have an inch less space than my Kia has behind the seats. I've gotten by well with groceries, and other larger cargo with the seats down, in my KIA.

I'll be ok with the 2DR cargo space, but what peaked my interest was the way the back half of the top comes off. It looks like it may be easier to take off than I thought.

Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand why there may be a split level load floor for passenger seating comfort. While not a preferred situation for the way I use a vehicle, I can accept that. An unacceptable situation would be if these 2 levels of load floor are not parallel to one another. I also find it puzzling that they have a solution for the split level load floors in the 4 door but do not understand why someone purchasing a 2 door would not want a similar solution.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I understand why there may be a split level load floor for passenger seating comfort. While not a preferred situation for the way I use a vehicle, I can accept that. An unacceptable situation would be if these 2 levels of load floor are not parallel to one another. I also find it puzzling that they have a solution for the split level load floors in the 4 door but do not understand why someone purchasing a 2 door would not want a similar solution.
The two levels are parallel to one another. I've only seen one picture of the 2-door seats folded properly and I can't seem to find it anymore. The headrests fold backward 90* but when the seatback is folded down, they are vertical again.

I don't get why they wouldn't make a 2-door tailgate tray option as well. laj.tuxmek at one point said they were available for both, then someone said 4-door only. I'm waiting to see which one is true.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the trade off they made having the ledge is to provide rear passengers more comfort. Dropping the seat cushion 4 inches means knees are up higher when in this seats. Then the tailgate platform is there if you truly need it (I know it looks like it’s 4-door only, but options will be available for the 2-door immediately). I would bet the number of people the ledge actually bothers us incredibly low compared to the ones that reduced seat comfort would affect.
That is assuming that was the only way to achieve a flat load floor. Other SUVs with similar dimensions and capability achieve it without having your knees on your chest.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is assuming that was the only way to achieve a flat load floor. Other SUVs with similar dimensions and capability achieve it without having your knees on your chest.
Yes, they raise the cargo floor. Ford gave more vertical room in the cargo area for whatever reason.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, they raise the cargo floor. Ford gave more vertical room in the cargo area for whatever reason.
Or,

They tumble the seat forward. And if thats not good enough, they have a quick release system to remove the entire rear seat.
Sponsored