Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those were the same two I saw in Nor Cal. Dude gave a little talk before we could go beyond the barrier and look at them. A couple of things he said, I thought, "I don't think so". Can't remember what though 😁. Jealous of the hat...we got carabineers.

16199691645222213514689953642060.jpg
We got hats AND a carabiner, shaped like a horse head! (local college team being the Boise State Broncos)

IMG_20210502_114729874.jpg
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys got hats? Trade you the mask we got here in Seattle for a hat. Same vehicles and crew doing the west coast circuit. Salt Lake next, Then Las Vegas, ....
Aw, man, so you're saying this is what I will be seeing on Wednesday. I was hoping one would be a Badlands. Also hoping I would see A51 paint and MGV. At least I can set my expectations low now. I'm sure they will be great to see in person, but was hoping to get some potential ordering questions/insecurities answered before my build is committed.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these tears over what models have been/will be on display for you to see and sit in...

... Meanwhile up here in Canada we get to see sweet nothing on display...

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aw, man, so you're saying this is what I will be seeing on Wednesday. I was hoping one would be a Badlands. Also hoping I would see A51 paint and MGV. At least I can set my expectations low now. I'm sure they will be great to see in person, but was hoping to get some potential ordering questions/insecurities answered before my build is committed.
You will be able to see the MGV seats in the BD. The two in ID and heading to UT are BD and OB.

The dumb thing is that I forgot to examine the MGV when I hopped in. Got distracted by the manual trans and other stuff. I guess it's a good thing that it seemed so much like leather that I didn't even notice.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be able to see the MGV seats in the BD. The two in ID and heading to UT are BD and OB.

The dumb thing is that I forgot to examine the MGV when I hopped in. Got distracted by the manual trans and other stuff. I guess it's a good thing that it seemed so much like leather that I didn't even notice.
Talk about sensory overload eh? I forgot to look at a few things too.

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these tears over what models have been/will be on display for you to see and sit in...

... Meanwhile up here in Canada we get to see sweet nothing on display...
Are your dealers in Canada participating in the program to get display models (not the traveling road show)? I forgot what they're calling it down here.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are your dealers in Canada participating in the program to get display models (not the traveling road show)? I forgot what they're calling it down here.
I think they may be getting a demo unit or something, but still a little ways out. I'm honestly not losing sleep over it, however it would have been cool to check out a demo unit like you guys are able to, or even go for a rip around in one.

bronco4life

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was there & they were incredibly knowledgeable telling me things I didn't even think to ask nor covered on any forum post that I've read. Curious what questions did you not get answered? By the way, you're calling those folks uneducated but you thought the Black Diamond was a Wildtrak. Hmmmm...

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was there & they were incredibly knowledgeable telling me things I didn't even think to ask nor covered on any forum post that I've read. Curious what questions did you not get answered? By the way, you're calling those folks uneducated but you thought the Black Diamond was a Wildtrak. Hmmmm...
Please share something you've never heard before here that you learned from them! The more info the better for everyone, thanks!

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

To op: thanks for posting. I went today and honestly wouldn’t have known about this event without this thread.

As for my impressions I’m 6’5” and while I was able to get comfortable(thanks largely to the telescoping steering wheel) the driving position for me was very car like. That doesn’t bother me, but long term I would probably hope for a “safari style” hardtop to increase headroom a few inches(more for peace of mind then actual need). MGV seats seemed like they might make me sweat, but honestly they were softer and nice then I expected. The leather seats on the Outer Banks were not as bad as I expected

My wife went with and she had more gripes then I did. Even though neither models were sasquatch she hated climbing in the black diamond because it didn’t have the tube step. She didn’t like the driving position. She didn't like the placement of the backup camera for some reason. She also had some nitpicks about button placement for the lights. She also was not fond of the cactus grey, but I was just ambivalent about it IRL I thought it was a very slightly greenish take on grey.

We also took the hilariously short Bronco Sport test drive and Ironically she had nothing but positive things to say about that vehicle. Bronco Sport is definitely not the vehicle for me, but I must say it has tons of headroom and a truck like driving position(leg room was just acceptable though). I can see ford selling a ton of these.

So the real takeaway I guess is that I can certainly buy a Bronco and be happy about it, but my wife will hate it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went Saturday and beat the t-storm. Only checked out the BD. My takeaways in no particular order:

1. LOVED the steelies!
2. Cactus Gray looked sharp IMHO
3. MGV didn't feel like anything I've ever sat on in a vehicle. Hard to describe but I do have concerns on durability. Very soft; had a plush kind of feel to it. Time will tell.
4. I'm 6'1 and could easily lay flat and straight in the back with the front seats slid forward. The 3 inch drop from the folded down backseats to the cargo area should be rectified with a slide out TG accessory.
5. The fenders are almost TOO easy to remove. I can see these being ripped off (stolen) if you park your rig outside.
6. I personally liked the non-signature headlights on the BD over the OBX signature ones.
7. Soft top is NOT for me.
8. I'm getting a BL but anyone getting a BD will NOT be disappointed! Sharp looking rig.
9. Thanks, Idaho Ford, for the kickass hat!

20210501_174959.jpg

20210501_130124.jpg

20210501_142106.jpg

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, same two started off here in San Diego on April 2.

They should have some miles on em now.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3. MGV didn't feel like anything I've ever sat on in a vehicle.

Yes, doesn't feel like anything I ever touched before, kind of soft and silky, in no way feels like plastic or even leather. I hope it holds up well, it's something very unique. Soft and plush feeling, but supposedly wash out water resistant.

5. The fenders are almost TOO easy to remove. I can see these being ripped off (stolen) if you park your rig outside.

I will never take mine off, so I plan to either put some silicone glue or hot glue over several of those levers. Not so much concerned about these becoming some hot commodity on flea markets, but the occasional Bronco owner (or son/daughter/wife/husband/etc) that managed to mess up their flare and not wanting to show up like that at home.
"Hey, there's a Bronco, let's just switch these out real quick, dad/mom/wife/husband/boss/etc will never know!"

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep... same 2 i saw in SoCal. At least you got to see them in the sun, and were actually allowed to sit in the cactus gray.

i was still happy to just see it in real life.... a heck of a lot better than nothing. But of course i would have like to have seen at least 1 Sasquatch. Can’t please everytone though.