Sponsored

If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do?

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello

That stinks. I was forced to drop the hard top to avoid a long delay. I figured that I would order one down the line. The soft top is made so well that the road noise is virtually the same as my brother's hard top. I went through winter in New England last year with zero issues. I have decided not top get a hardtop. I don't see a need for it. The second thing is the Sas package. I knew I wanted a lift and 35s but I didn't want the same wheels and tires as every other Sas Bronco. I ordered a Non-Sas and did a 2" lift myself then added the 17' wheels I wanted and the the 35" tires I wanted. Mine actually sits 1" higher than my brother's Sas. Just my experience.
IMG_5969.jpeg
Appreciate the info.

Unfortunately I hate the way the soft top looks (as does my wife which is probably more important haha).

Iā€™m with the guy who posted below you - Iā€™m not willing to drop the MIC top and Iā€™m absolutely unwilling to reward Ford with thousands of dollars that PP was supposed to protect me against.

If they canā€™t deliver my vehicle with at least some of the options I wanted without screwing me Iā€™ll just go elsewhere.

Iā€™m a person who doesnā€™t love change so if I find a car brand I really like I tend to stick with them. My plan was to likely go Ford from here on out. At this point I think itā€™s unlikely Iā€™m ever going to own one (ditto my BIL anda couple friends who were waiting to buy a Bronco to see how my experience played out).
Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For anyone considering a 392, just know Jeep has sort of the same issue in that there are constraints. Jeep offers an ā€™Extreme Reconā€™ package. Itā€™s SORT OF like Sasquatch package in a way. Anyway, they only offered it on 23s from when the June 23 MY banks opened up until about the beginning of September. It then was nixed for presumably similar reasons to what is happening with Ford.

I picked up a used FE right before Christmas and just got my 392 last Saturday. They are fairly different beasts. I like the Bronco so far more just for day to day driving. The 392 is way more fun though. My Bronco will likely be my winter daily driver. Iā€™m really liking it so far. In general it has better road manners than the 392.

Canā€™t beat that 392 growl on start up though. Puts a smile on your face every time.

But again, 392 orders can be hit or miss on how long it may take for them to be built. My August 22 order just came in last week. Some people who put orders in back in June 22 are still waiting (seems like a lot of them are up to ā€˜scheduledā€™ at least though). However, some of those are with the extreme recon package which you can no longer order and seem to take longer to get built.

A non-XR 392 probably wouldnā€™t take too long to get built Iā€™d guess. There is also conjecture that ā€˜23 may be the last year for 392s as well. Weā€™ll see.

Anyway, for off road, Iā€™m sure both are great. For day to day driving I think I like the Bronco a bit better. Fun factor? Just canā€™t beat an 8 cylinder jeep imo.

Ford Bronco If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do? DB3D77DE-62D0-40CB-9DB4-63CE59F0AD91

Last edited:

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THIS IS THE BIGGEST INFORMATION FOR ALL ORIGINAL ORDERS WITH AN ORDER THAT HAS NO PRODUCTION DATE SCHEDULED.ā€¦LISTEN UP!!!

He said they had a call with corporate and over 300 dealers. The bottom line, if you are waiting for your bronco and holding out for what you wanted. If you have a HARDTOP, SASQUATCH package or LUX package, if you are not willing to concede and go into something else, and your order doesnā€™t get built in ā€˜23, your order will get cancelled! No orders will go into ā€˜24. My dealer has 146 people he still has to call and that was just one small/midsize dealer. I will post this as an update as well, and on raptor thread. He specifcally said if they donā€™t drop package, MIC, if itā€™s not done in ā€˜23, then itā€™s not happening at all in ā€˜24. It will be cancelled. No price protection /MY transition to worry about. Period.

I am not sure what this is going to do to after market pricing, because those with the Sasquatch, Hardtop and Lux packages are what makes them so nice. The subwoofer is not getting installed either and is a rebate or cash off because you arenā€™t getting 6 speakers.

Just get my Raptor built now. šŸ™šŸ¼
Little hard to drop mic If dont have any other choice. How about give the 2 door a choice of mic or mod top.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Appreciate the info.

Unfortunately I hate the way the soft top looks (as does my wife which is probably more important haha).

Iā€™m with the guy who posted below you - Iā€™m not willing to drop the MIC top and Iā€™m absolutely unwilling to reward Ford with thousands of dollars that PP was supposed to protect me against.

If they canā€™t deliver my vehicle with at least some of the options I wanted without screwing me Iā€™ll just go elsewhere.

Iā€™m a person who doesnā€™t love change so if I find a car brand I really like I tend to stick with them. My plan was to likely go Ford from here on out. At this point I think itā€™s unlikely Iā€™m ever going to own one (ditto my BIL anda couple friends who were waiting to buy a Bronco to see how my experience played out).
I am the guy below. LOL I canā€™t say Iā€™m a big fan of the looks of the soft top. But it never bothered me enough to not try one. For me itā€™s a comb of other factors. Itā€™s not the most convenient for getting in and out of the cargo area. Any with a toddler knows this is quite a frequent event when on long trips. Also after only a few months mine is coming apart somewhere I havenā€™t been able to find yet. When I crack the window I hear loose fabric flapping. Over my head. Canā€™t really look while moving and havenā€™t been able to find where it is while stationary. My daughter has to have theirs replaced because itā€™s coming apart on the inside above the front seats.

Iā€™m not a fan of change either. I canā€™t say Iā€™m brand loyal, but Ford has always been on the top of my list when shopping. Between this whole debacle and their inability to listen to customers and give them what they really want thatā€™s changing. And changing to the point Iā€™m actually shopping on the dark side now.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you can't find your Bronco build at a dealer for no more than 5K over MSRP, I would give it until the GMC Canyon AT4X is available at MSRP, and then buy that at a dealer with available inventory.

https://www.gmc.com/trucks/canyon/elevation/build-and-price/summary
I can guarantee the new Colorado and Canyon will be very hard to come by for the first few years. And many dealers will definitely ADM the AT4X and ZR2 models. I inquired at a local dealer and they said GM isnā€™t even allowing my supplier discount on the new twins.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just looking to see what other people are thinking.

I've got all the sins - BadSquatch MIC 2.7 TOW LUX Leather. I haven't been waiting as long as a lot of people here - but in 3 weeks it'll be 2 years since I made my reservation/placed my order (funny thing - my buddy in Phoenix ordered the exact same thing about 2 weeks after I did and he's had his Bronco since last summer. Ain't that some shit).

I'm not willing to bend on what I ordered 2 years ago (why spend north of $60k and not get what I want?) Needless to say I'm pretty pissed. I'd be willing to drop the LUX - but the Sas and MIC (especially living in Denver and spending a lot of time in the winter in the Rockies) - non negotiable.

I live in Colorado and while I need something offroad capable I'm not going to be doing crazy rock crawling - but I do need something with bash plates because I am going to be going over a lot of rocks up in the mountains. I also do a lot of overlanding/dispersed camping.

Had a really bad experience with a Jeep so I think those are probably out.

Right now I'm starting to think about a Toyota TRD Pro. Dealership near me with no ADM and about a 2-4 month wait to get what I want (I know Toyota dealers aren't placing special orders - but it looks like the vehicles are pretty standard with just bolt on stuff you can get from the parts dept. like roof racks and hoop steps and all that).

With the specifications I think I'd want it comes in about $3,000 less than my Bronco (even including my price protection and *possible* x plan - dealer manager told me I'd been so patient he'd honor that).

My family has had Toyotas and my sense is that they're pretty reliable/well built and I'm guessing the TRD Pro will get me where I need to go (especially if I add larger wheels/tires for better clearance). So - for anyone who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do (which is probably most of you) - what do you think about the TRD Pro?

And aside from that - if this is the straw that broke the cam's back for you - what is your "backup" vehicle plan?

Thanks for any/all thoughts. And for whatever it's worth to all of you - I appreciate you all so much. I feel like we've all been on quite the journey together.
As far as Iā€™m concerned, Iā€™m going to wait and see what @Ford will put out the 17th. I am also not willing to change anything I initially ordered. If I am required to change anything in order to get a Bronco I think @Ford should not have started building Raptors. I will feel screwed, and after 45 years of being a @Ford customer, and 35 years at the same Dealerā€¦ā€¦ā€¦Iā€™ll be done with @Ford!!

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THIS IS THE BIGGEST INFORMATION FOR ALL ORIGINAL ORDERS WITH AN ORDER THAT HAS NO PRODUCTION DATE SCHEDULED.ā€¦LISTEN UP!!!

He said they had a call with corporate and over 300 dealers. The bottom line, if you are waiting for your bronco and holding out for what you wanted. If you have a HARDTOP, SASQUATCH package or LUX package, if you are not willing to concede and go into something else, and your order doesnā€™t get built in ā€˜23, your order will get cancelled! No orders will go into ā€˜24. My dealer has 146 people he still has to call and that was just one small/midsize dealer. I will post this as an update as well, and on raptor thread. He specifcally said if they donā€™t drop package, MIC, if itā€™s not done in ā€˜23, then itā€™s not happening at all in ā€˜24. It will be cancelled. No price protection /MY transition to worry about. Period.

I am not sure what this is going to do to after market pricing, because those with the Sasquatch, Hardtop and Lux packages are what makes them so nice. The subwoofer is not getting installed either and is a rebate or cash off because you arenā€™t getting 6 speakers.

Just get my Raptor built now. šŸ™šŸ¼
So thereā€™s still a chance you get built w/o changes BUT if itā€™s not built by year end, youā€™re cancelled?? So if youā€™re willing to sweat it out until year end, you might get what youā€™d ordered?

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So thereā€™s still a chance you get built w/o changes BUT if itā€™s not built by year end, youā€™re cancelled?? So if youā€™re willing to sweat it out until year end, you might get what youā€™d ordered?
Dude, they are NOT building these trucks for us. If this news is confirmed widely this week, it's over. Anyone who leaves their rez the same will be purged. I bet my Bronco on it. *subject to actually getting built

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, they are NOT building these trucks for us. If this news is confirmed widely this week, it's over. Anyone who leaves their rez the same will be purged. I bet my Bronco on it. *subject to actually getting built
If you read that recent thread by Dixie, it says below but not hanging on words TOO much, but the NOT followed by AND means to me that if you donā€™t change your order and keep waiting, there might be a chance by year end itā€™s built anyway. IDKā€¦maybe Iā€™m reaching/dreaming/hopeful

If you have a HARDTOP, SASQUATCH package or LUX package, if you are NOT willing to concede and go into something else, AND your order doesnā€™t get built in ā€˜23, your order will get cancelled!

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a HARDTOP, SASQUATCH package or LUX package, if you are NOT willing to concede and go into something else, AND your order doesnā€™t get built in ā€˜23, your order will get cancelled!
The order does not get cancelled. You just lose PP if itā€™s not build and goes to MY24. Thatā€™s huge though and can be $5-6000 for a lot of people.

if the changes are not made and the order flips to the new model year, Fordā€™s price protection program will expire.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The order does not get cancelled. You just lose PP if itā€™s not build and goes to MY24. Thatā€™s huge though and can be $5-6000 for a lot of people.

if the changes are not made and the order flips to the new model year, Fordā€™s price protection program will expire.
I guess if that is truly the case and we get a $2500 voucher, Iā€™d be ok with that as long as I get my MIC. Iā€™m ok removing SAS and LUX as I plan to replace entire suspension anyway. But after all my research in last few days AND my use, the soft top really doesnā€™t work

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess if that is truly the case and we get a $2500 voucher, Iā€™d be ok with that as long as I get my MIC. Iā€™m ok removing SAS and LUX as I plan to replace entire suspension anyway. But after all my research in last few days AND my use, the soft top really doesnā€™t work
It sounded to me (and obviously this is premature since weā€™ll have to wait till Tuesday for confirmation) - that we only get the $2500 if we drop the constraints.

ergo if we go unbuilt into MY2024 we lose PP and get nothing to make up for it (maybe weā€™ll get a t-shirt that says ā€œSTAY PUMPED!!!!!ā€).

After reading a lot of responses and giving it a lot of thought (assuming the above is correct) I think my plan is as follows: drop from Lux to high but keep SAS and MIC. If they can build it then great. But -

If Toyota announces a rebuild for the Tacoma or 4Runner and the 2024 order banks open (so Ford has till fall) Iā€™m done. Iā€™ll cancel my Bronco order and go be loyal Toyota customer.

Only thing really holding me back from the 4Runner now is it badly needs a refresh. And with the Taco very likely up for one as well for MY2024ā€¦just need to decide if I want a truck or SUV.

Honestly Iā€™ve had about all the excuses(when we even get *any* correspondence at all) and delays from Ford that I can take.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounded to me (and obviously this is premature since weā€™ll have to wait till Tuesday for confirmation) - that we only get the $2500 if we drop the constraints.

ergo if we go unbuilt into MY2024 we lose PP and get nothing to make up for it (maybe weā€™ll get a t-shirt that says ā€œSTAY PUMPED!!!!!ā€).

After reading a lot of responses and giving it a lot of thought (assuming the above is correct) I think my plan is as follows: drop from Lux to high but keep SAS and MIC. If they can build it then great. But -

If Toyota announces a rebuild for the Tacoma or 4Runner and the 2024 order banks open (so Ford has till fall) Iā€™m done. Iā€™ll cancel my Bronco order and go be loyal Toyota customer.

Only thing really holding me back from the 4Runner now is it badly needs a refresh. And with the Taco very likely up for one as well for MY2024ā€¦just need to decide if I want a truck or SUV.

Honestly Iā€™ve had about all the excuses(when we even get *any* correspondence at all) and delays from Ford that I can take.
I was a Toyota Tacoma/4Runner person before Bronco and I felt both need a major tech update. My fear about MY24 is Tacoma will get Tundra grill and that will suck. I love the current PRO grill and front of the Tacoma is so cool. Tundra not so much. 4Runner will be interesting as well and Iā€™m sure will be nice. If Tacoma goes independent suspension, it will reduce payload but make for better off-roading. If Tacoma stays with current exterior, but upgrades tech and power plant, it WILL be amazing.

I too would remove SAS/LUX but after all my research I want to stay MIC
Sponsored