Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just call Ford and ask.
But make sure you call early because by 6 PM EST they are closed? I am really starting to question FORD's customer service. How can a multi billion dollar company run a business so poorly?
[/QUOTE]

Just spoke to FORD to check on my order since the dealer doesn't even return calls. FORD Rep was a pleasure to speak with, sadly didn't have any news but I did get right through so there wasn't any stress about waiting for 15 min on hold only to be told no information available. Good on you FORD to have reps available with no real wait time!
Sponsored

Skeech

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That seems aligned with what I've seen. The build date WEEK for me was pushed from 6/7 to 6/21 and ON 6/17 I got a window sticker with a 6/23 "blend" date. Wednesday/Thursday I'm hoping to get a delivery window.
OK, so what I experienced was early attempts to see the window sticker failed while my order was just in the scheduled phase. I randomly checked earlier this week and the window sticker appeared! I quickly saved it off to a pdf. The next day, just for grins I tried to pull it up again, not available. Later that day I got an email directly from Ford that said my Bronco was now in production. Magically, the window sticker is back.

I was a day one rsvp last July and I think I converted my rsvp on January 20, 2021.

My build is...

Wildtrak | Race Red | 4D | Steel Bumper | 2.7 | Lux | SAS | MIC Hard Top | Sandstone/Black Onyx Cloth

Last edited:

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, if that's any way acceptable then FORD and probably other US manufacturers are in serious trouble.
If what's acceptable? That company execs are people? That they work hard and have some skills but aren't all geniuses? That they make mistakes because they make the best decisions they have based on the information in front of them but don't always get it right because that information is incomplete?

You have to have a certain degree of skill in any of a variety of areas to become a Fortune 100 exec. But in the end those executives are people who carry a ton of pressure - and get rewarded extremely well - to perform. They don't get every decision right...especially in hindsight.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If what's acceptable? That company execs are people? That they work hard and have some skills but aren't all geniuses? That they make mistakes because they make the best decisions they have based on the information in front of them but don't always get it right because that information is incomplete?

You have to have a certain degree of skill in any of a variety of areas to become a Fortune 100 exec. But in the end those executives are people who carry a ton of pressure - and get rewarded extremely well - to perform. They don't get every decision right...especially in hindsight.
I wonder if your comments are generational - depending on age opinions and views can vary greatly - or lack of experience, no disrespect meant, in the corporate world. My experience is that mediocracy should not tolerated especially in a $56 billion Corp that has the resources to hire the expertise needed. No executive is expected to be an expert at everything but they are responsible for hiring experts to head the various functions. That's what they get the big bucks for hiring, retaining and managing heads of departments.

Not looking for an argument, just support Built in American and hope it continues to mean something.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if your comments are generational - depending on age opinions and views can vary greatly - or lack of experience, no disrespect meant, in the corporate world. My experience is that mediocracy should not tolerated especially in a $56 billion Corp that has the resources to hire the expertise needed. No executive is expected to be an expert at everything but they are responsible for hiring experts to head the various functions. That's what they get the big bucks for hiring, retaining and managing heads of departments.

Not looking for an argument, just support Built in American and hope it continues to mean something.
Thanks for this post - it's obvious I didn't communicate what I wanted to very well. Mediocracy absolutely shouldn't be tolerated. But, I find that people have an unrealistic view of corporate execs (I've worked closely with Fortune 100 companies as well as many small business leaders, and have been one myself).

They aren't all-knowing, and they can't predict the future. They have access to industry information and resources that many of us don't, but they can't see the future. Many of them have reasonably high IQs, but aren't certifiable geniuses. The best, imo, are the ones who surround themselves with smart, talented people who outshine them in most individual areas.

All for Built in America, and I believe we have the most talented workforce in the world if we do it right. But the individuals who do that are just regular people who are talented, but will make mistakes and outside factors will surprise them just like they do all of us.

I think we're on the same page!

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this post - it's obvious I didn't communicate what I wanted to very well. Mediocracy absolutely shouldn't be tolerated. But, I find that people have an unrealistic view of corporate execs (I've worked closely with Fortune 100 companies as well as many small business leaders, and have been one myself).

They aren't all-knowing, and they can't predict the future. They have access to industry information and resources that many of us don't, but they can't see the future. Many of them have reasonably high IQs, but aren't certifiable geniuses. The best, imo, are the ones who surround themselves with smart, talented people who outshine them in most individual areas.

All for Built in America, and I believe we have the most talented workforce in the world if we do it right. But the individuals who do that are just regular people who are talented, but will make mistakes and outside factors will surprise them just like they do all of us.

I think we're on the same page!
Refreshing to have a positive dialogue on line - although other members may think we should take this off line! lol

Agree that we have the best workforce and also agree that the sign of a good leader is one who surrounds themselves with the best and brightest. One of the challenges for corporate America is that public companies are forced to manage Q to Q and not necessarily rewarded for longer term strategies. Investors want results now!

A couple of the lessons I learned early in my career are; it's okay to make mistakes, just not the same one. And my favorite, hope is not a plan.

I still think that someone made a huge mistake not managing the vendor manufacturing the hardtops. You're probably in a better mood since your Bronco is scheduled for build, Congratulations!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Refreshing to have a positive dialogue on line
Amen, I love it!

One of the challenges for corporate America is that public companies are forced to manage Q to Q and not necessarily rewarded for longer term strategies.
So true! I think one of the biggest downsides of the current climate among public companies is the need to make quarterly results seems to outweigh long-term strategy.

I still think that someone made a huge mistake not managing the vendor manufacturing the hardtops. You're probably in a better mood since your Bronco is scheduled for build, Congratulations!
I don't disagree - and I'm betting some people paid a price on the Ford side as well as the crunch Webasto is feeling from Ford.

I'm certainly glad I've received a VIN, and know that can change perspective - we'll see if my build week actually holds! Here's to more and more Broncos getting built!
Sponsored