Sponsored

Im not asking for much, but Ford wont sell it to me.

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is doing what they can to keep the take rate low on the MT. They either don't have enough or just don't want to sell them.
Not enough people want them.

Yeah we do we represent a very small percentage of the population.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The mid package include remote start. You can't remote start a manual transmission... If you leave the vehicle in gear and remote start, bad things happen....
Surely you jest. I mean, you are being sarcastic, right?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mid package include remote start. You can't remote start a manual transmission... If you leave the vehicle in gear and remote start, bad things happen....
I installed remote starts since 1990 and plenty are out there with manual transmissions .

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not enough people want them.

Yeah we do we represent a very small percentage of the population.

I'm thinking too many people want them and Ford can't deliver. Instead of saying that, they are doing what they can to move people to the AT.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't trust the left hand's communication with the right hand at this point is all.

And if so, good reason to upgrade to Badlands?
See my comment about the all black leather or vinyl interior in a convertible.

If Ford, had, oh i dont know, maybe offered some logically colored interior choices in these convertible off-roaders, then yeah, that might make it a little easier to stomach.

But I plan on rolling top down as much as possible, and who would want an all black leather or vinyl interior in that scenario?

Sponsored

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know Bronco6G and other enthusiasts may prefer a manual transmission, but realistically we represent a very tiny portion of the 165k reservations and your typical buyer in today's world. The manual is a dying breed and not a huge sales advantage for Ford, so I'm sure they lumped in the packages on a higher trim in order to make more money/save money.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm thinking too many people want them and Ford can't deliver. Instead of saying that, they are doing what they can to move people to the AT.
This is what Im wondering. Im not the only one complaining about this on twitter or the other platforms. Its not just us in here.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know Bronco6G and other enthusiasts may prefer a manual transmission, but realistically we represent a very tiny portion of the 165k reservations and your typical buyer in today's world. The manual is a dying breed and not a huge sales advantage for Ford, so I'm sure they lumped in the packages on a higher trim in order to make more money/save money.
Well they figured wrong, because if anything, Im going DOWN trim.

And there are a lot more people that want manual than you think. Remember the whole Mansquatch movement? Ford did that because they saw the demand. Now this? Doesnt make sense.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your typical buyer buys whatever is on the lot. Anyone getting a Bronco is a step well above typical. I have no way to know the numbers, but I would bet the % of reservations wanting a MT is far higher than the traditional take rate off the lot. I'm betting it's far above whatever they contracted for, which was probably around 5% of projected production.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.58.42 AM.png

Are you kidding me?

All I wanted was a 4 door Black Diamond, soft top, manual with the Mid package.

Whats so difficult about that? I never would have imagined they would have not sold that. I thought Toyota was bad about packaging, this is worse. I knew, better than a lot of people on here, that we wouldnt be able to just pic and choose any option we wanted, a la carte. As a Toyota LC guy with basically NO options, Im familiar with that. I knew that they had 7 different trims for a reason. I thought maybe I was going to be able to add Signature lighting to my Black Diamond, but I thought that was a longshot.

But now they tell me I cant even get the manual with the MID package? MID???? I can MAYBE see blocking the High and Lux package for the manual, but MID?

Im sorry, I dont want to be negative, I know many of yall are happy, and thats great, Im happy for you. Seriously I am. But I am very close to deal-breaker territory right now. Because based on everything we have been shown thus far by Ford, I was sure there were multiple combinations that would satisfy my wants.

Now after this "Build and Price Reference Guide", ( I havent even been able to get into the actual Build and Price, and when I did, I couldnt actually BUILD AND PRICE) Im not even sure that they will sell a Bronco that I want.

Its not even a price issue. Ill pay for what I want, but they are locking out the ability to even package what I want. Its literally not even available.

I mean no MID package with a Manual on anything but Badlands??

FOR GODS SAKE I DONT WANT ALL BLACK LEATHER IN MY CONVERTIBLE IN SOUTH CAROLINA!!

Who is the NEANDERTHAL SASQUATCH employed by Ford that made THAT decision?
Actually, if anything, it just slits the Black Jack's throat and leaves it dying in it's own blood.

Sure, why I spec'd it, there's a $7.5k difference, but considering my back up vehicles are essentially more expensive (Mustang GT/Camaro SS Convertible), it's not too bad a price difference, reminds me of the Rubi vs Sport+ Builds I've done in the day

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you kidding me?

All I wanted was a 4 door Black Diamond, soft top, manual with the Mid package.

I thought maybe I was going to be able to add Signature lighting to my Black Diamond, but I thought that was a longshot.

such weird options bundles, Signature lighting is not available on the Black Diamond but it is available on the Big Bend!!!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
See my comment about the all black leather or vinyl interior in a convertible.

If Ford, had, oh i dont know, maybe offered some logically colored interior choices in these convertible off-roaders, then yeah, that might make it a little easier to stomach.

But I plan on rolling top down as much as possible, and who would want an all black leather or vinyl interior in that scenario?
Everybody is different. I personally love the black MGV.

I'll be topless 90% off the time as well and live in a state with more sunshine than most if not all.

Bikini tops are a thing. If the sunshine is too much or you are pale like me.

I'll take the little bit of heat over trying to keep a light colored interior clean all day long.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I'll be topless 90% off the time as well and live in a state with more sunshine than most if not all.

I'll take the little bit of heat over trying to keep a light colored interior clean all day long.
Dude, colorado is not hot. South Carolina is. Im not pale, I love sunshine, hence the desire to run topless. Im talking about heat, in addition to the fact that black interiors look like shit when dirty and show dirt way more than a lighter neutral colored interior.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Who is the NEANDERTHAL SASQUATCH employed by Ford that made THAT decision?
As to the manual transmission limiting the Mid package availability, that's something I ran across yesterday. VERY strange.

My only logical guess is that Ford had to avoid bundling the remote and auto start/stop with a manual transmission (it's verboten by NHTSA). If there was some code within the fancy 4A upgraded transmission that allows the Badlands to have mid, that argument falls apart as Neil Diamond has the same 4A upgrade option.... It's not like 0's and 1's are a non-renewable resource.

Your second point:
I believe the interior and materials designer is the lady from the Bronco Nation video.

Please note that I am not capable of defending her material choices and color combinations. That would most likely result in my soul being instantly sucked into hell for all eternity. Realistically there are some incredibly piss-poor combinations going on there.

Ignoring the dark materials part, forcing ALL exterior colors into a single interior accent color, and then having 2-doors having internal portals to help provide horrific contrast to that interior accent color was a strange move. Thankfully with about 3 applications of the proper inks, you can turn the orange stitching in Badlands red. Not much you can do with the blue aside from make it darker or black it out to remove the contrast.

The overmolded grab handles accent color is not a big deal, that will be easy enough to paint over or epoxy over. Would be SHOCKED if replacement handles in a variety of colors are not available soon (I expected them to be factory options, but will most likely be aftermarket)

We should all take the chill-pill and remember that there has been online rage-typing for the past decade that colored interiors need to be offered again and customers are denied options. Ultimately it's sales which will determine if these materials/colors are a good decision or not..... We'll know by 2023 model year! HA HA HA!!!

The Brown would be cool if it was brown, but instead it's bronze..... Paired with matte black, gloss black, grab-her blue, navy blue, tan, gray and whatever exterior color you choose (2-door). (seriously, you can't make this shit up! I want the drugs she was on!)

I'm the crazy type who bought essentially white interior. It's been wonderful and I love the contrast in the cabin. This is a very mature combination that people enjoy when they sit in it. Not a coffin as the black option is, and not strage like whatever-the-F is going on with the OBX.
Ford Bronco Im not asking for much, but Ford wont sell it to me. 20180923_150344

*I'm also the weirdo who doesn't let the dealership remove the protective materials before purchase.....

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Does your pale ass prefer the mesh bikini top or the canvas one?

(Jokes aside, this is a real question, can you get away with the mesh and have more open-air? Or is the canvas a must in order to actually reduce UV exposure?)
Sponsored