Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The B&O center channel is the same as rear pods and front dash in the base.
What about the r/l speakers in BO, same as pod speakers in BO?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What about the r/l speakers in BO, same as pod speakers in BO?
No, the R/L dash speakers are different. The B&O center channel dash, and rear pods are the same as the 4” speakers in the base system.

I would not skip the center channel in a speaker swap. In fact it’s the workhorse speaker especially in surround mode, and it’s the garbage paper cone base speaker.

Here’s a pic I have of the dash R/L

3E0C43FA-DC8E-43DE-9B91-3D4B8C952A62.jpeg

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are some of the worst factory speakers I have ever seen in a new vehicle. It's 2021/22 for goodness sake. These are the front and rear mid package speakers. All the same. All with built in caps. All paper turkeys. Not even a simple coaxial.

IMG_9368.jpg

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, the R/L dash speakers are different. The B&O center channel dash, and rear pods are the same as the 4” speakers in the base system.

I would not skip the center channel in a speaker swap. In fact it’s the workhorse speaker especially in surround mode, and it’s the garbage paper cone base speaker.

Here’s a pic I have of the dash R/L

Ford Bronco Inexpensive yet impactful speaker upgrade plus FORScan mod IMG_9368
Awesome. Thanks so much for that pic.

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From another thread... BnO take offs excluding the center channel.

Speakers.png

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, with a blend date and window sticker now in hand, I am going to move on ordering some upgraded speakers. Does the original poster or anyone else have an opinion strongly one way or they other between the Infinity speakers and the Kenwood
KFC-1066S available through Crutchfield. Similarly priced (inexpensive) speakers.

Not an audiophile, so not great at interpreting the tech specs. The Kenwoods are 4ohm impedance vs 3 ohm for the Infinitys. The infinitys handle 35 W RMS, and the Kenwood 21. 88db sensitivity on Kenwoods vs 92 on Infinity. Frequency response 75hz-21khz on Infinity, and 50hz to 22khz on Kenwood.

My guess is that these are probably pretty comparable but just wondering if anyone has strong thoughts one way or the other. Thanks
I agree with RollSound, probably comparable. Either choice is going to be a big upgrade over stock.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like Poly-fil is a recommended addition in both front and rear cavities. Anyone disagree or think it could make sound worse?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes of course. If I say it’s a cheap paper speaker it’s cuz I know it’s the same cheap paper speaker. If you read the next post you will see I told that guy how to get it off lol.

Here are all the B&O speakers. You will notice same part numbers as 4” base speakers posted above.

13705E8E-5499-4F05-9C54-BF996D451A6C.jpeg
B079EFD9-3BCF-4447-BAE1-185D7159E00E.jpeg

To get the center channel cover off you have to remove the accessory ready mount first. Two screws.

D7DF4CF1-1159-47C9-A023-C8044CFA2F3C.jpeg

Swimdc

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5 (prev - FJ, sold thinking I’d see Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking around, there’s the OP’s Infinity’s for $55/pair, vs $99/pair for Kicker 47csc or JL C1s. Are the more expensive ones much better? Are they worth the extra $100. To me, they’re not much more expensive considering the cost of the Bronco. Will I notice a difference over the Infinity’s though?

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I put the s40s in the rear pods, big improvement in sound quality. I even faded to the rear about two clicks to get more out of them. Worth it!

Today I played around with forscan again.

Tried:
3800 and 3801 on line 727-01-01

Couldn’t really notice much of difference.

Tried:

0900 on line 727-01-02

This has got to be the EQ setting for rear. They are definitely getting the full frequency range now.

Tomorrow I’m installing a JBL nano under the driver’s seat. Gonna tap the front speaker wires at the ACM harness.

If I was going bigger w/ an amp and sub in the rear I think the rear pod wires would work fine as high-level inputs w/ the forscan eq mod.

So I finally got the adapter(vlinker) and tried out Forscan. The household pc was unavailable(wife took it to work), so I even got it running on my mac w/ the crossover app, thanks to some helpful posts.

Tried all the different mods indididually and combined:
380B & 3800 on 727-01-01
0900 & 0001 on 727-01-02

I’ll say it is very hard to compare the before and after differences when you make a change. The volume and fader reset, and seems like you have to input settings twice to take affect. Maybe just a slow reboot of the acm? Also trying to figure out the phone vs audio volume workings.

Anyway, the factory “tuned” as-builts sound slightly better to my ears right now. Supposed to get my s40 rears this afternoon. I’ll try again with those later. Already have them in the front.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I put the s40s in the rear pods, big improvement in sound quality. I even faded to the rear about two clicks to get more out of them. Worth it!

Today I played around with forscan again.

Tried:
3800 and 3801 on line 727-01-01

Couldn’t really notice much of difference.

Tried:

0900 on line 727-01-02

This has got to be the EQ setting for rear. They are definitely getting the full frequency range now.

Tomorrow I’m installing a JBL nano under the driver’s seat. Gonna tap the front speaker wires at the ACM harness.

If I was going bigger w/ an amp and sub in the rear I think the rear pod wires would work fine as high-level inputs w/ the forscan eq mod.
Remember, that when fading to the rear in any amount,, you lose low end frequencies. The Low frequencies are tied into and married to the front speakers. So when you fade to the rear, you lower the rich bass most of us are chasing so hard to get anyway. Attenuating the front would be better. Mine would be balanced and sound better with more rear sound, but I had to center the fade because it was taking away too much low end.
Sponsored