First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WildTrak, 2023 WildTrak, 2024 Grenadier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone figured out how to disable the inability to type data into the map or phone sections of CarPlay while the vehicle is moving? Keep getting a message about limited access while vehicle’s in motion. I know through my VW experience this could be allowed through the usage of a VAGCOM. Any ideas for the Ford system?
Sponsored

cscottp67

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-250 / 20 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow 😮! Jason I’d much rather you concentrate on driving. Than trying to finger ###k your bronco. We all have to share the roads.

OP
OP
JDHRNC

JDHRNC

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WildTrak, 2023 WildTrak, 2024 Grenadier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow 😮! Jason I’d much rather you concentrate on driving. Than trying to finger ###k your bronco. We all have to share the roads.
‘While I appreciate your attempt at trying to be the highway safety ranger, your concerns are unfounded. My girlfriend enters all data while driving if changes in direction are required. I enter my destinations before leaving on trips. Might I suggest a little more mature use of description on your part being as this is a family oriented site.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know I hate these babysitting safeguards. I can put makeup on, talk on my cell phone, eat a freaking hamburger all while driving. But I can't actually use my car features while driving.

Of my last three cars, only one of them actually allowed me to use my freaking navigation while I was driving.

I was hoping for didn't do this, it really bums me out so if there is a work around I'm all for it.

And for Mr traffic cop, have you actually ever watched somebody trying to use their phone and be "secret". Is the scariest thing. I'd much rather hold my phone up in broad daylight in front of my face while I can still see the road, then be looking down trying to make sure some cop doesn't see a cell phone in my hand.

The more things they make illegal are try to prevent people from doing, the more dangerous they're driving is going to get. Because to think they're going to stop doing it because They make a law is asinine.

Which reminds me. I can pull up to a light and see pot smoke bellowing out of The car windows, and that's legal. But I can't type an address while I'm going down a freeway.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which reminds me. I can pull up to a light and see pot smoke bellowing out of The car windows, and that's legal.
Nowhere, in California, is it anything close to legal to be smoking pot in a moving vehicle. Even though marijuana is now legal for recreational use, pretty much the same rules apply as to alcohol. And even if you're not the one driving, it's illegal to have an open container of alcohol in a moving vehicle.

You know I hate these babysitting safeguards. I can put makeup on, talk on my cell phone, eat a freaking hamburger all while driving.
It is those like you, who cannot be bothered to pay proper attention to your driving, while in control of a vehicle weighing thousands of pounds, who are the reason that government feels a need to impose the rules about which you are complaining. And to whatever extent these rules wind up being counterproductive, you are allowing your own carelessness and irresponsibility to adversely affect others.

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn this thread got derailed. Op is just wondering for when their passenger is copiloting or they're at a light
I want to know the answer as well

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nowhere, in California, is it anything close to legal to be smoking pot in a moving vehicle. Even though marijuana is now legal for recreational use, pretty much the same rules apply as to alcohol. And even if you're not the one driving, it's illegal to have an open container of alcohol in a moving vehicle.

Not in TN 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻. Oh and I hate the lock out but your suppose to use voice or just hold up traffic at a light while typing 🤪

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is those like you, who cannot be bothered to pay proper attention to your driving, while ion control of a vehicle weighing thousands of pounds, who are the reason that government feels a need to impose the rules about which you are complaining. And to whatever extent these rules wind up being counterproductive, you are allowing your own carelessness and irresponsibility to adversely affect others.

Thank you for clarifying my personal experiences and what I've seen. So also good to know that you have been able to pull my driving record and know that I haven't been in an ant fault accident in over 30 years.

It's folks like you that are the reason government can tell me how big of a soda I can drink.
Sponsored