Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How big before they rub?
Good question! My only answer is, I don't know. However, if you are keeping stock rims as I did, I don't think it matters because 33" is the biggest size I could find that actually fits on the rims anyway.

661calibronco

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander, dodge ram
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These are 285-75-16 tires (technically a diameter of 32.8 inches) , mounted to stock Base Bronco rims. No lift or spacers, and no rubbing in my testing. That increases the stock 10 inch tire width to a much beefier 11.2 inches.

2021 Bronco 33%22 inch tires on stock Base rims.jpg

See video linked here for full testing with shocks/springs compressed and extended:

I think 33 inch looks great on the 2 door, and for my light off-roading needs is a good option for getting a extra inch+ of ground clearance while saving $4000+ as compared to the Sasquatch option.

Let me know if any questions and I will do my best to answer them!
Looks great! Thanks. I'm going to do the same. Which motor and transmission did you go with? If, 4 cylinders does it have enough get up and go?

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So only thing to adjust would be for the diameter affecting speed/odometer?
Correct. Interestingly, I took it to my dealer to see if they could make that adjustment, and they said they did not know how to do it yet on these new Broncos. Here is exactly what they wrote on my service form write up: "Could not set tire size at this time. Not in FDRS to change at this time. Contacted Ford." I will try again in a month or two...

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
These are 285-75-16 tires (technically a diameter of 32.8 inches) , mounted to stock Base Bronco rims. No lift or spacers, and no rubbing in my testing. That increases the stock 10 inch tire width to a much beefier 11.2 inches.

2021 Bronco 33%22 inch tires on stock Base rims.jpg

See video linked here for full testing with shocks/springs compressed and extended:

I think 33 inch looks great on the 2 door, and for my light off-roading needs is a good option for getting a extra inch+ of ground clearance while saving $4000+ as compared to the Sasquatch option.

Let me know if any questions and I will do my best to answer them!
That looks really good what did you do with your old tires did they give you some money back or did you keep them or what?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hell yes. This looks awesome!

I know that just the increase in size will affect the Bronco a fair bit but how is the ride with E load tires?

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great! No issues with the rims being to narrow?
No issues. I have read in some non-Bronco forums (the Tacoma one for example) that some people have seen abnormal tire wear in the middle of the tread pattern due to the slightly bulging/balloon nature of this installation, but also read that this can be avoided by just running them at a little lower psi

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great video, was expecting more of a walk around, but got a lot more instead, liked all the good info & tests that you added!

Looks like you have the same build as me, except for the color, and I have been looking for more info by owners of the 2dr base w/ manual. Thanks again!

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great! Thanks. I'm going to do the same. Which motor and transmission did you go with? If, 4 cylinders does it have enough get up and go?
See my signature for full details but the answer is: 2.3L and 7MT. Plenty of get up and go. Now, if the 2.3L did not have the turbo, it would be a different story. But I am finding that it is perfectly adequate, and fun to drive.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks really good what did you do with your old tires did they give you some money back or did you keep them or what?
I kept them, and going to post them on Craigslist and see if I can get a few bucks for them

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hell yes. This looks awesome!

I know that just the increase in size will affect the Bronco a fair bit but how is the ride with E load tires?
It does not ride as well as compared to the 30" street tires from the factory, but rides better than my 03 Jeep Cherokee with solid front axle

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i think you will be surprised of your off road capability. surprised in a good way.
Sponsored